The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 1 July 2020, 04:35 PM   #1
dauster
"TRF" Member

ROO black ceramic discontinued?

Was just informed by the boutique the 44mm REF. #26405CE.OO.A002CA.02 is no longer available?

It’s still on the website why would they do that ????

Would prefer to build my relationship with boutique to get blue 15500 down the line. This ruins my plans for my second AP.

How similar does the titanium / ceramic 44mm REF. #26400IO.OO.A004CA.01 wear in terms of weight etc / scratch resistant only partially ceramic ?
dauster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2020, 06:31 PM   #2
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
There are most likely pieces in their supply network, there is always slack between end of production and announcing as legacy. Titantium is very similar to ceramic in weight but yes it scratches. Ceramic is not without it downsides... black ceramic highlight fingerprints and smudges like nothing else. My ceramic diver is without hesitation the watch I clean most frequently.
Old 2 July 2020, 09:29 PM   #3
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Makes sense as they've just released a bunch of new CEs, altho the all black provided a nice contrast to these new coloured lines. If true tough break on the future 500, but maybe a silver lining reason to get a POG instead.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 02:40 PM   #4
Uros
"TRF" Member

Interesting, although as said there is no mainstream ceramic alternative to the colorful ones...love my 26405CE even more now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 04:49 PM   #5
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Makes sense as they've just released a bunch of new CEs, altho the all black provided a nice contrast to these new coloured lines. If true tough break on the future 500, but maybe a silver lining reason to get a POG instead.
I love the POG but don’t want to grey which I have to in order to get black ceramic or POG.

not that my life depends on it but ideally I am trying to purchase from the AP boutique to build a relationship. But frankly all watches I can realistically afford and but also want from them are SS RO (chrono). Maybe SS PC down the line and white diver is cool. Everything else is unavailable for mortals.
Oh my life is terrible;) tough problems
Old 3 July 2020, 04:51 PM   #6
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Eriksson View Post
There are most likely pieces in their supply network, there is always slack between end of production and announcing as legacy. Titantium is very similar to ceramic in weight but yes it scratches. Ceramic is not without it downsides... black ceramic highlight fingerprints and smudges like nothing else. My ceramic diver is without hesitation the watch I clean most frequently.
Interesting didn’t know that. Black diver is lovely but the cleaning sounds annoying frankly.