The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 2 July 2020, 04:20 AM   #1
SwedeKris
"TRF" Member

Showing off and seeking info on 16014

So after eyeing Rolex in general and DJs in particular from afar for a number of years i finally came across this watch on Chrono24 and bought it from a gentleman in Holland. What do you think?

Unfortunately it's impossible for me to make out the serial number, the bracelet is stamped A, which according to a list i've found dates it to 1977. Sorry, no movement shots yet! Planning on getting the bracelet serviced, either in the UK or Norway, leaning towards the former due to duties.

Came as watch only, no box or papers. Took a chance on it, but got a good feeling about the seller. Supposedly bought from Loucri in NYC last december, and was serviced by them before the sale. Runs and keeps good time, i believe the crown or tube is worn because it doesn't take a lot to screw it down, haven't measured exactly how many degrees, but it feels like about 180 degrees.

Took the bracelet off for a good wash and noticed the odd springbars. The one with the indentations along the length of it looks vintage to me, could it be original to the watch?
SwedeKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 12:25 AM   #2
SwedeKris
"TRF" Member

Had the bracelet restored with Oliver in the UK, got it back today, super happy. As promised, here is a movement shot:

SwedeKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 12:27 AM   #3
SDREW22
"TRF" Member

Watch: TOG
Nice!
SDREW22 is online now   Reply With Quote