The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 January 2018, 02:29 PM   #31
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Direct from the FedEx website. Jewelry is limited to $1,000, unless....read on....

Tips for Shipping Your Jewelry
Here are a few guidelines to help you ship valuables such as fine jewelry, gemstones and watches.
It’s important to understand the coverage that FedEx makes available to you, so you can supplement it when necessary.

When it comes to jewelry shipments, the maximum declared value is limited to $1,000. If you need to ship jewelry for a special occasion or for a repair, please contact your insurance provider to make sure your jewelry is covered. Declared value is not insurance, and FedEx does not sell insurance.

If you ship jewelry on a regular basis, FedEx offers FedEx Declared Value Exception service. This contract-only service enables eligible shippers to declare a value up to $50,000 on jewelry items. It is not available for one-time jewelry shipments.

Learn more
For additional program details and eligibility, please go to Our Services at fedex.com for information on special handling services.

http://www.fedex.com/us/smallbusines...g-jewelry.html

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2018, 02:34 PM   #32
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
[QUOTE=andycg11;8155697]I shipped my watch for a trade via Fedex 2nd day air. It was insured for $14K. FYI insurance cost is $1 per $100 insured value.
__________________________________________________ __________

Please explain your comment since FedEx does not insure jewelry over $1,000 unless you have FedEx Declared Value Exception service which is available to shippers who regularly ship valuable jewelry? Further detailed in my post here: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...57051#poststop

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2018, 01:47 AM   #33
andycg11
"TRF" Member

How to send an insured watch?

[QUOTE=springer;8157059]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andycg11 View Post
I shipped my watch for a trade via Fedex 2nd day air. It was insured for $14K. FYI insurance cost is $1 per $100 insured value.
__________________________________________________ __________

Please explain your comment since FedEx does not insure jewelry over $1,000 unless you have FedEx Declared Value Exception service which is available to shippers who regularly ship valuable jewelry? Further detailed in my post here:
Springer, i just read your follow up on declared value exception. Apparently i just jumped into conclusion without researching more. In my case its a waste of $140 but i was lucky the shipment went smooth. Thank you for straightening it up!

I apologize to all for misleading info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andycg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2018, 01:52 AM   #34
andycg11
"TRF" Member

Double post
Old 4 January 2018, 01:55 AM   #35
andycg11
"TRF" Member

Double post
Old 4 January 2018, 02:01 AM   #36
jrbar-on
2024 Pledge Member

Parcel Pro is the way to go ... I've been using them for years now. Contact them and set up an account and you won't have any problems shipping watches.

Cheers,

Jonathan
jrbar-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2018, 02:04 AM   #37
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
FedEx and UPS have lost my packages. USPS registered mail has never lost anything.

People need to ensure they are using registered mail and not that overnight crap service that USPS claims is as good as FedEx. There is no comparison between registered mail reliability and the complete lack of reliability for the USPS conventional services.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2018, 03:02 AM   #38
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
USAA covers my shipping from me to repair facility or to a buyer. As long as it's tracked and signature at the end of the trip

Damn... wish I would have known this a couple weeks ago. I sent a watch via UPS with insurance. I think the insurance was an extra $80. Have a link by chance? All of my insurance is with USAA, including my watches.
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2018, 04:13 AM   #39
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
A thought - if I'm already insured with Jewelers Mutual (as I'm sure many of us on here are) and I don't remove the watch from my policy until the buyer confirms receipt of the watch, will JM cover me if my courier loses the watch?

I might give them a call later today to find out.

Old 4 January 2018, 04:16 AM   #40
vincenzowl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116400GV
Lot of good info here, thanks all. I guess my only reservation with USPS registered mail is the length of time it takes. Do you set expectations with your buyers that it won’t come overnight like from trusted sellers? Or should you just pony up for a Parcel Pro account?
vincenzowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2018, 04:27 AM   #41
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14roller View Post
USPS registered mail. Done.
USPS registered mail is the most secure way to send anything high dollar. It is the platinum standard in the world. There is no other service by any carrier that has more accountability as the item is being shipped. You would be shocked who and how high the amount of worth is sent via USPS registered mail.