The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 12 March 2018, 04:25 AM   #1
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Speedy Tuesday addition?

Just wanted to get some feedback and thoughts on whether to add ST at MSRP to current collection (pic). Would that be too many chronos or too many Omegas? Save up for another Rolex (new Basel release) or up-scale to Patek or FPJ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brucethemanlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 04:43 AM   #2
FTX I
"TRF" Member

If you have doubts don't do it. On the other hand, if you really want it get it. Sounds obvious but it is in a certain way. Good luck.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 04:50 AM   #3
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

You do have a great collection and it's clear so far you favor chronographs. I won't comment on the Panerai/FPJ you've been scoping out because they don't tickle me the same way it does you.....but the Speedy Tuesday is a very special Speedmaster in my eyes. Forget about the hashtag, marketing, and limited edition stuff.....it's really a Speedmaster concocted from Speedmaster fans' wishlist. Robert Jan knows this well running the Speedy Tuesday articles and being a huge Speedy fan himself....this is why he specifically wanted certain things....it comes down to the font, brushed case, the lumed radial subdials ala Alaska Project, reverse panda.......I mean, it really is one of the nicest Speedmasters ever made. If I were to live with 3 Speedmasters, I'd probably pick the pro, this and a Mitsukoshi panda variant (Mitsukoshi or Apollo XI 35th) or Gemini IV.....really is amazing. Don't get me wrong, plenty of other great Speedies I love like the ck2998 etc but this is something very nice even after you sweep all the marketing under the carpet.

That said, you've waited this long......doesn't' hurt to wait another couple weeks for Basel.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 05:07 AM   #4
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Get the ST now and upscale later. The cost of a ST is a fraction of the cost of a Patek or FPJ.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 05:59 AM   #5
mmalek1
"TRF" Member

Watch: This one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
You do have a great collection and it's clear so far you favor chronographs. I won't comment on the Panerai/FPJ you've been scoping out because they don't tickle me the same way it does you.....but the Speedy Tuesday is a very special Speedmaster in my eyes. Forget about the hashtag, marketing, and limited edition stuff.....it's really a Speedmaster concocted from Speedmaster fans' wishlist. Robert Jan knows this well running the Speedy Tuesday articles and being a huge Speedy fan himself....this is why he specifically wanted certain things....it comes down to the font, brushed case, the lumed radial subdials ala Alaska Project, reverse panda.......I mean, it really is one of the nicest Speedmasters ever made. If I were to live with 3 Speedmasters, I'd probably pick the pro, this and a Mitsukoshi panda variant (Mitsukoshi or Apollo XI 35th) or Gemini IV.....really is amazing. Don't get me wrong, plenty of other great Speedies I love like the ck2998 etc but this is something very nice even after you sweep all the marketing under the carpet.

That said, you've waited this long......doesn't' hurt to wait another couple weeks for Basel.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
mmalek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 07:08 AM   #6
Bgator
2024 Pledge Member

If it were me, I’d get the ST and flip the other two Speedmasters and one of the Daytonas for an FPJ.

Bgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 07:09 AM   #7
El-Duderino
"TRF" Member

Personally, I’d wait until after Basel in case something else gets announced that you absolutely must have. The ST isn’t going anywhere.

El-Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 07:39 AM   #8
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
If you have doubts don't do it. On the other hand, if you really want it get it. Sounds obvious but it is in a certain way. Good luck.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Get the ST now and upscale later. The cost of a ST is a fraction of the cost of a Patek or FPJ.
mmmm.... tempting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgator View Post
If it were me, I’d get the ST and flip the other two Speedmasters and one of the Daytonas for an FPJ.

wow that's a big bold move

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Duderino View Post
Personally, I’d wait until after Basel in case something else gets announced that you absolutely must have. The ST isn’t going anywhere.

ST isn't going anywhere i agree but ST at MSRP might not be available though...
Old 12 March 2018, 08:09 AM   #9
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post

thoughtful advice...thank you

i do favor chronos.

I agree with everything you said about the ST. Just not sure why I haven't taken out the credit card yet (maybe I like but don't love?). Or in my head I have "enough" of these types/styles of watches.

thinking about it.

That said, i actually have a Mitsukoshi dial and hands sitting in my drawer somewhere .....just waiting to one day to a conversion
Old 12 March 2018, 11:13 AM   #10
El-Duderino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post

ST isn't going anywhere i agree but ST at MSRP might not be available though...

For some reason I thought I had seen several STs on the sales forums for at or below MSRP, but you are right, most are still asking for a price above MSRP. It’s not out of place in your collection and I wouldn’t necessarily say it would be too many chronographs (but I do love chronographs) so pull the trigger if you feel this is a good deal that probably won’t last.

El-Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 12:58 PM   #11
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

You can’t miss on the ST. Try it out. I prefer it to both omega Chronos on the left (although they are great too)
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 01:13 PM   #12
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Just as I mentioning in the Rolex section, I'd do it for sure. ST is one of my favorites. It's an incredible piece. If you buy it at MSRP you can always sell and get your money back if not more.

Also keep in mind, if you fall in love with something at Basel. It won't hit the shelves for a while. If it's super hot, you might be waiting many months or years! unless of course you're numero uno at your AD (in which case - awesome, congrats ).

Lastly, just look at this beauty

Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 07:34 AM   #13
davidgilmore
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
As referenced in earlier post in this string, what is a "mitsukoshi" dial? Does it look similar to the ST style of dial and can it be retrofitted to a Speedmaster Pro? ...... Sorry, just did some research and see that the dial mentioned is the reverse of the ST. Looks a bit too much like my new Daytona, so will continue to search for an ST thanks.
davidgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 08:11 AM   #14
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgilmore View Post
As referenced in earlier post in this string, what is a "mitsukoshi" dial? Does it look similar to the ST style of dial and can it be retrofitted to a Speedmaster Pro? ...... Sorry, just did some research and see that the dial mentioned is the reverse of the ST. Looks a bit too much like my new Daytona, so will continue to search for an ST thanks.

Yep it's a true panda dial

Old 13 March 2018, 12:22 PM   #15
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
ST is quite simply a charming watch.

It feels like it has a soul. Is beautiful, fits great, and is very legible for a chrono.

This watch makes the legend extend its reign of iconic kingdom.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2018, 11:56 PM   #16
drmizzou
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector!
I have the mitsukoshi conversion on my speedy and it’s beautiful! Though I’m recemtly tempted to sell to offset the purchase of my LV but getting the mod done again to another speedy and trying to source another dial would be a great pain in the you know what! In any case.....are we to see and incoming soon!!!??
Pepsi GMT 126710BLRO
White DaytonaC 116500
Omega Seamaster 50th Anniv Bond OHMSS
Omega Seamaster Bond titanium
drmizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2018, 05:24 AM   #17
Wembleyisgreen
Banned

Watch: 214270
Your Collection is amazing. I would love any piece you own.
Wembleyisgreen is offline   Reply With Quote