The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 April 2012, 05:57 PM   #61
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numismatist View Post
You mean Tom Cruise wasn't really flying those planes? I'm shocked!
Of course he was! He's TOM CRUISE man!

Old 14 December 2012, 07:05 PM   #62
How
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, Tudor 1960
I feel the need...

The need to change my watch! *high 5*
How is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2012, 07:40 PM   #63
HORNBLOWER
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1 OR 2
maybe Maverick had a collection of watches, its not unheard of, specially round these parts! I change my watch every time I change my shirt, I think Maverick is entitled to change his watch when he changes from his motor bike to his fighter jet
HORNBLOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2013, 10:01 AM   #64
marcb747
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II BLNR
The pilot might've been Adm. Willard, he recently retired as the Commander, U.S.Pacific Command. During the time the movie was shot, he was the operations officer and executive officer of Navy Fighter Weapons School (TOPGUN) and aerial coordinator for the movie. But I agree with most posts on here, the movie has alot of technical errors. Those that have been around the Navy and Naval Aviation can easily point those out. But it was a great recruiting tool...got me to sign the dotted line many years ago. :-)
marcb747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2013, 10:05 AM   #65
flyinghell34
"TRF" Member

The watch Maverick wore was the Porsche Design PVD chronograph. This is one of the nicest watches in my collection sporting the great Lemania 5100.

flyinghell34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2013, 09:58 AM   #66
MitchSteel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Rolex
That PD is in some shape, sir.Tight tight tight.I used to have an Ofina, but in nowhere the shape yours is in.Hang on to her.
MitchSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2013, 02:17 AM   #67
rolio
"TRF" Member

Watch: Birdies
My wife still loves that movie and musical score; she even bought the music. Pathetic I tell her.

Rolex~By way of an extraordinary life,
and all the simple pleasures it has to offer
~
rolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2013, 02:28 AM   #68
wingku
"TRF" Member

Watch: the World unfold
Highway to the danger zone.....

now I can't get this song out of my head after this thread, thanks guys!
wingku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2013, 03:48 PM   #69
robisan
"TRF" Member

Still a nice movie with those mistakes. Film making students can learn from this movie. haha
robisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2013, 11:59 PM   #70
vitix
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by robisan View Post
Still a nice movie with those mistakes. Film making students can learn from this movie. haha
True...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram: vitix11
Twitter: @vitix

Rolex Submariner Date 16610 Z series / DSSD / GMT MII BNLR / Daytona 116500LN
Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 / Formula 1 Orange dial

Panerai Luminor Power Reserve / PAM49
vitix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2013, 08:40 AM   #71
GradyPhilpott
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Big Rose
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLRdude View Post

* Continuity: Maverick's wristwatch changes several times during the training flight.
Now that's what I call a highly-motivated WIS.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2013, 09:49 AM   #72
Frosty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolio View Post
My wife still loves that movie and musical score; she even bought the music. Pathetic I tell her.
I enjoy it with the top down, cruising down Pacific Coast Highway by the ocean, at a very safe rate of speed.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2014, 08:43 AM   #73
Rolex33020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Tom Cruz does own/fly a P 51 Mustang though.
Rolex33020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2014, 08:49 AM   #74
Rolex33020
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchidDR View Post
I made Chief Petty Officer (CPO) the year this movie came out!

I still break out in a smile when I see it on TV. A nice YOUNG Meg Ryan starred in this movie (smiling).
OMG have you seen her now on Hawaii 5-0. Holy cow horrible plastic surgery.
Rolex33020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2014, 06:26 PM   #75
The_Walrus
"TRF" Member

Great thread guys
The_Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2014, 06:46 PM   #76
Thunderball57
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dad's YG Longines
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrigm View Post
I was on the USS CARL VINSON (CVN-70). Was also stationed on shore duty in Pearl Harbor, and with the Marines at MCAS El Toro, CA. Got see alot of great places and work with some awesome people.
My best friend retired a CPO. He served on the Roosevelt and Vinson.
Thunderball57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2014, 04:01 PM   #77
safeword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numismatist View Post
You mean Tom Cruise wasn't really flying those planes? I'm shocked!
Tom Cruise would need a booster seat to see over the control panel.
safeword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2014, 12:49 AM   #78
b06tmm
"TRF" Member

I did 2 Westpac's on "Top Gun".

b06tmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 04:44 PM   #79
Nycturbovr6
"TRF" Member

Great thread!
Nycturbovr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2014, 11:08 PM   #80
mikkolopez
"TRF" Member

I liked this movie a whole lot. Out of HS during the time but the dogfights was cool, made me wanna be a fighter pilot ..... errrr, naval aviator :)
I have even DONE everything,
I just don't REMEMBER everything.
mikkolopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2014, 12:20 PM   #81
gwozhog
"TRF" Member

You my friend have done a longer report on top gun than my Thesis in College.

Quote:
Don't bother.

Read below.

* Continuity: Stinger's ribbons on his chest.

* Continuity: The shot of the inverted F-14 cockpit (close to the cockpit of the MiG-28) is flipped, (lettering is reversed).

* Factual errors: In the final dogfight scene, when Iceman's plane is hit, they claim they are hit in the right engine; however, when they show the closeup of the bullet holes the "Rescue" point arrow is clearly visible. There is no rescue point on the engine nacelle of an F-14. Why would there be? These points are located on the front fuselage close to the cockpit.

* Revealing mistakes: The F-14 crews were filmed in a discarded Navy cockpit that was not attached to the rest of the plane. This is why you can never see the wings or vertical stabilizers in the background when they show the actors "flying" in this cockpit.

* Factual errors: There is no plane called the MiG-28 - all Mikoyan-Gurevich aircraft have odd-number designations. The planes used in the film to simulate the MiGs are Northrop F-5E Tiger IIs.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Navy rules state on tactical jets, oxygen shall be worn from takeoff until landing, a rule broken throughout the movie. Real Navy/Marine Corps pilots break this rule all the time as well.

* Continuity: In the elevator, Charlie's ear alternates between being tucked under her cap and being untucked between shots.

* Continuity: The distance between the aircraft after Goose takes the picture.

* Factual errors: During most flight sequences, safety pins and star wheels on left top head box of MBU GRU-8 ejection seat are installed. Thus the seat is not armed and in any inverted maneuvers, seats would slide off ejection gun rails.

* Continuity: The squadron markings on both Iceman and Maverick's Tomcats change a few times. Both of the original markings are not real Tomcats squadron markings.

* Continuity: Maverick's wristwatch changes several times during the training flight.

* Revealing mistakes: Several times you can see missiles that are supposed to be live for combat hanging from aircraft wings. The missiles have a blue band around them indicating they are inert training missiles. Live missiles would have a yellow band as a warning of the live high explosive warhead.

* Revealing mistakes: During some of the training hops, you can clearly see that Merlin, not Goose, is Maverick's RIO.

* Continuity: Throughout the film in various dogfight scenes, the wrong pilot can be seen in the RIO seat of the F-14. For instance, in the initial carrier scenes, Sundown can be seen briefly as Maverick's RIO. In the training Hops, both Merlin and a blue-helmeted pilot can be seen in Maverick's RIO seat.

* Continuity: In close-up facial footage of Sundown, he has the word "SUNDOWN" on the front of his helmet. When you see him in the background of Maverick footage, and on the ground, he is wearing the same helmet, but without the writing on it.

* Boom mic visible: In Viper's office (visible in the top right as Jester and Viper converse following Maverick leaving the room.)

* Continuity: In the mission when Maverick has Sundown as his RIO, Jester's plane alternates between a plain gray paint job, and a camoflauge one.

* Continuity: The plane in the background of the hangar during the briefing for the first Hop changes between shots. In some frames it's an A4, in some it's an F14.

* Continuity: In the elevator scene, Charlie's hair is noticably darker than in other scenes. This is because this scene was shot after principal photography, and Kelly McGillis had already dyed her hair for another film role. The filmmakers tried to hide her darkened hair with the cap, but it's still noticable.

* Continuity: During the final dogfight, we several shot of Goose in the co-pilot seat when obviously he is dead and Merlin is Maverick's "RIO".

* Continuity: The champagne bottle during Maverick and Charlie's dinner at her house.

* Factual errors: When Maverick destroys the first enemy fighter in the final battle, it plummets straight down. A fighter jet traveling at close to the speed of sound would not fall straight down when struck, it would continue on its previous course and then begin to fall downward.

* Audio/visual unsynchronized: When the command deck officer informs Stinger that the catapults are broken and that they can't launch aircraft, the officer's lip movements don't match what he says.

* Factual errors: During both the training missions and dogfight scenes, the sound effects for the targeting system and the radar/missile warning are nearly identical. In reality, those two sounds would be completely different so as to give the pilot no doubt as to what's going on (as evidenced when Maverick appears confused when he hears a "lock on" tone when Jester "kills" him while Maverick's chasing Viper).

* Continuity: In hop 19, Hollywood and Maverick are chasing Jester while Viper gets away. Hollywood's plane is in front of Maverick's but when Maverick breaks away to go after Viper, it is the F-14 in front that pulls away.

* Continuity: Maverick's watch before and after the training flight.

* Continuity: Maverick's tailhook retracts too quickly when he decides to rescue Cougar. Additionally, it is visible in a later shot.

* Continuity: Charlie gains her folder when she exits the ladies room.

* Continuity: Iceman suddenly appears next to Wolfman in the locker.

* Continuity: Maverick's hair during the elevator scene.

* Factual errors: During the briefing prior to the final battle scene, the Commander informs the aviators that the fictional MIG-28 carries the 'Exocet' anti-ship missile and can fire that missile from 100 miles away. The 'Exocet' (AM.39) has a maximum range of 70 km (about 43 miles), which is a far cry from 100 miles.

* Continuity: In the scene on the carrier after the last dogfight, Ice gets in Maverick's face and they discuss being each others wingman. When the discussion starts Maverick takes off his sunglasses. At the end of the discussion, others lift Maverick up in the air on their shoulders. His sunglasses are already on.

* Continuity: When Maverick is cruising on his motorcycle right after arriving at Miramar, it is high noon. In the very next shot, the sun is setting.

* Continuity: In the elevator scene, Maverick walks through a "closed" elevator door.

* Continuity: Maverick's arms alternate between on his cheek, in his lap and folded between shots during Viper's lecture at the beginning of the picture.

* Continuity: First date between Charlie and Maverick, level of wine in bottle goes down then up and down then up and then some before the first drop is poured.

* Continuity: During the initial flight scenes with the MiG-28's, when Maverick is visible on the screen, Sundown's helmet (orange and white stripes) is reflected on the cockpit canopy. This is noticeable above and behind Maverick on the upper left side of the canopy.

* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): After Iceman says the alternate trophy for the runners-up is in the ladies room, Goose starts to laugh. In one shot, his hand isn't on Maverick's shoulder, but when he finishes laughing, it is.

* Continuity: Numerous positional inconsistencies during the volleyball game.

* Continuity: Through most of the first class at Top Gun, Slider has his arm behind Iceman, but right before he says, "The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room," Slider suddenly disappears.

* Continuity: Maverick Leaves the volleyball game with no belt on. He arrives at Charlie's house with one on

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: While all Navy pilots must have NOMEX flight gloves with them, they are not required to (and in fact, do not always) wear them.

* Continuity: Amount of ice in Maverick's glass in the airport bar.

* Continuity: Viper's sunglasses after Maverick's first landing after the accident.

* Revealing mistakes: When Maverick is riding his motorcycle along the runway, you can see the tie-down straps that hold him onto the trailer, visible on his front fender.

* Continuity: Supposedly the final dogfight happens over water, yet a mountain is visible in the corner of one shot.

* Continuity: The lettering on the front of Sundown's helmet disappears once he and Maverick are back on the ground after their first flight together.

* Revealing mistakes: The signal that Maverick is given before he takes off for the final fight scene is not the launch signal, but rather the "remove power" signal. This signal is given early in F-14 launch procedures, not right before launch.

* Continuity: Maverick's sunglasses are (not) on when Slider picks him up after they return to the carrier.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: "Ladies Room" sign on the window of the toilets isn't inverted when Maverick goes inside. That's because we're looking in a mirror.

* Revealing mistakes: In the bar scene when Goose is playing "Great Balls of Fire, " the movement of his hands does not match the music.

* Continuity: Position of the wine bottle at Charlie's place.

* Continuity: Toward the end of the movie, when Maverick is waiting on "Alert Five, " the camera cuts between Maverick in the cockpit and outside, where carrier crew are working on "his" plane. The plane they are working on is actually an A-6 Intruder, not an F-14.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Goose is depicted as a Lt (jg) and wears the proper insignia: on a white uniform, shoulder boards with one thick gold bar and one thin, and in khakis, a single silver bar (a full lieutenant wears double silver bars). (Some thought he was wearing full lieutenant insignia; they are similar.)

* Continuity: In stairwell Iceman puts on watch twice.

* Continuity: When Maverick is riding his motorcycle alongside the runway, after the F-14 takes off and turns to the left the shot changes and shows Maverick riding past lighting standards heading toward the runway as indicated by the strobe lights.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: The insignia for a Navy Lieutenant happen to be the same as for Army and Air Force Captains. Thus, Maverick and Iceman are correctly wearing Lieutenant insignia.

* Crew or equipment visible: When Maverick is driving his motorcycle along the runway with the planes taking off, you can see the bed of the truck he's atop at the bottom of the screen.

* Continuity: When the F-14 engines flame out before the flat spin, Goose says, "Engine one is out," and the next shot shows the number two (right) engine "flaming out". When Goose says, "Engine two is out," we see the number one (left) engine "flaming out". (The flame outs are actually the engines being normally brought out of afterburner.)

* Continuity: After diner at Charlie's, Maverick and Charlie have a talk and in the background there's a parrot eating a peanut (sitting on one leg). The peanut disappears and reappears between shots.

* Continuity: Navy pilots fly with the oxygen mask designated MBU-14/p, which in the movie is correctly depicted. But, after Goose ejects and is shown dead and bleeding in the water, he is wearing an MS220001 oxygen mask which was used in the '50s, '60s and very early '70s. It is not in use today.

* Factual errors: The term "bogey" is misused throughout the movie. A bogey is an unidentified aircraft. Once identified, it is referred to as a "friendly" (for friendly aircraft), "bandit" (for non-friendly aircraft) or "hostile" (for non-friendly aircraft that may be fired at). In USN terminology, a non-friendly surface radar contact is a "skunk".

* Continuity: When Maverick leaves Charlie's house after he has dinner with her, there is a For Rent sign in her yard (as there is when he drives by her house later in the movie), but there wasn't one when he arrived.

* Factual errors: Many errors are made when describing maneuvers that various aircraft have made. This is especially noticeable during the briefing before the first hop.

* Continuity: When Charlie gives Maverick a dinner invitation, she clearly writes it on a form, but on close up of the invitation, it is written on a blank sheet of paper.

* Revealing mistakes: When Maverick is launching from the carrier before the final battle, he goes directly into a roll when leaving ship. An F-14 taking off with full tanks of fuel wouldn't have gained enough speed to do this so soon. You can see while filming this (rear mounted camera), the plane that does the roll comes from a low-level flyby over side of the carrier. Also, the catapult Maverick supposedly launched from is "stacked" with parked aircraft.

* Factual errors: When Charlie chases down Maverick on his motorcycle her car has a blue DOD decal on its windshield. Blue decals are used for officers, red decals, for enlisted. As a civilian employee she would have had a green DOD decal for her car.

* Continuity: After Charlie hands out the dinner invitation to Maverick, Slider tells him "Crash and burn, huh, Mav?" while holding a plane model in front of his face. In the very next shot the plane disappears.

* Continuity: Maverick and Iceman seem to change planes during the final fight scene. Maverick launches in an F-14 bearing a 104 on the nose. Once he lands he exits an F-14 with 114 on the nose while Iceman exits an F-14 with 114 on the nose.

* Continuity: During the first hop, the sky is clear with minimal cloud cover most of the time, but in the shot near the end of the hop where we see the F-14 chasing the A-4 from above, the sky is extremely cloudy.

* Continuity: On hop 31, the planes clearly take off early in the morning, but once they're off the ground, it's high noon.

* Factual errors: In the opening scene when all planes take off, it is sunrise. As they intercept the "bogeys" it is high noon. Towards the end of flying time it is nighttime.

* Continuity: In the opening sequence, where Maverick and Cougar engage the two MiGs, there's a mountain range in the background of some shots, but the action is set in the middle of the ocean.

* Factual errors: During the final dogfight, the F-14's are shown launching AIM-9 Sidewinders as well as AIM-7 Sparrow missiles at the "Migs". The AIM-7's would have been worthless at the close ranges shown as the targeting aircraft has to maintain constant radar "lock" on its target. In addition, both the AIM-9 and the AIM-7 have minimum ranges of nearly a mile, making the likelihood of a kill in a close range dogfight very slim. The F-14 is armed with a 20mm cannon for this very reason and a Top Gun-trained pilot would probably have used it when battling more maneuverable aircraft at short range.

* Continuity: The F-14 #114 which crashes during practice is still used after the incident.

* Continuity: In the final battle scene, Iceman's jet is hit by machine gun fire and he say's he is shutting down engine 1. Later in the sequence, they are hit again by machine gun fire. Slider says they've been hit again to which the reply is that everything is ok, both engines are functioning normally. It would be really hard for that to be considering he already shut down one engine.

* Revealing mistakes: The enemy Mig 28/F-5E Tiger II aircraft seen at at the end of the movie are supposed to be carrying Exocet anti-ship missiles. They are not. They are armed with Aim-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles and fuel tanks. The Exocet missile is large enough to be visible if it were carried.

* Continuity: The bird cage at Charlie's place disappears from behind her when ‘Dock of the Bay’ starts playing.

* Continuity: When Cougar is freaking out, he looks twice at his family photo. The altimeter reads 31,500 ft the first time, and *9,300 ft (the first number obscured) a second later. But he is flying straight and level.

* Factual errors: Viper says "I flew with your old man. VF-51, the Oriskany... His F-4 was hit". USS Oriskany was an Essex class carrier, of which the USN operated several off Vietnam in 1965, but the class never operated F-4s.

* Factual errors: In the final engagement when Maverick says he is "supersonic", the next shot shows his F14 with the wings in the extended position. For an F-14 to be traveling at supersonic speeds, the wings would have to in the swept back position. He could not have forgotten to sweep his wings back because the wing geometry of the F-14 is not pilot-controlled; it is controlled automatically by the flight computer.

* Factual errors: Iceman and Slider wear patches and insignia from then Attack Squadron 25 (VA-25) now Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA-25) the "Fist of the Fleet." VA-25 never operated F-14s. At the time that the movie was filmed VA-25 flew A-7 Corsairs. Currently VFA-25 Flies the F/A-18C Hornet

* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Charlie wears Naval Aviator wings, and a Chief Petty Officer's rank insignia on her leather jacket, although she is a Government Civilian, and would not have earned either badge. It is against federal law to wear unearned badges and insignia on a military installation.

* Factual errors: In the movie Maverick, (the pilot), selects targets, selects the weapon and fires the weapons. In reality, the RIO, (Radar Intercept Officer, Goose in this case), performs these tasks. The pilot just flies the plane and will only operate the weapons if the RIO is either dead, incapacitated or has weapon system failures.

* Continuity: When flying with Maverick, Sundown's helmet reads 'Sundown', while on the aircraft carrier, it is blank.

* Factual errors: The entire premise of the dogfights is totally misrepresented: The F-14 Tomcat is capable (at the time the movie was made) of simultaneously tracking and attacking six targets at once; hence, the idea of moving into to very close range and picking off targets one by one is World War II era tactics. The AIM9 Sidewinder, depicted in the movie, has a range of up to 11 miles; the AIM7 Sparrow is a medium range air intercept missile that can be fired up to 30 miles away from the target and still register a kill--all this, being able to distinguish between friendly and hostile targets. Thus, when Maverick was launched on Alert 5 to help Iceman, he could have had all five hostile targets identified, targeted and attacked miles from up to 30 miles away, since Iceman had not identified the bogeys as hostiles until later.

* Factual errors: The entire defensive capabilities of the F-14 are misrepresented. The F-14 is equipped with chaff dispensers to deceive radar-guided missiles, and flare dispensers to fool heat-seeking missiles, none of which were used in the film, presumably to disguise the real capabilities of the aircraft; yet, even at the time (1986) video games were already depicting these capabilities. Neither real world combat nor video games force the pilots to rely solely on evasive maneuvering to outrun or outsmart a missile, which, once locked on by an enemy, without active countermeasures would be all but impossible to out-maneuver.

* Factual errors: The role of the wingman is reversed in the movie. The wingman supports the lead pilot and aircraft, not the other way around. The lead calls the shots; the wingman is there for an 'element of mutual support'. Hence, Maverick's declaration of , 'I'm not leaving my wingman' is backwards. The wingman stays glued to the lead; the lead does not stay glued to the wingman since, after all, that's why the lead aircraft is called the lead.

* Anachronisms: When Maverick and Charlie are having dinner, Otis Redding's "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" comes on and Maverick remembers his "folks loved it", then states his father "disappeared in an F-4 November 5th, 1965". However, this song was not written until November 1967.

* Continuity: During the "choice of assignments scene", after the final dogfight, the "late" Goose's name is clearly visible on the red locker door. The padlock on Goose's locker is also unlocked.

* Factual errors: In one scene, Viper mentions that he flew with Mavick's old in VF-51, aboard the Oriskany. In another scene, Maverick tells Charlie that his dad disappeared November 5, 1965 in an F-4 (Phantom). The fact is that Capt. Harland P. Chapman, USMC was shot down and became a POW while flying an F-8E Crusader from the Oriskany 11-5-65. His unit was marine fighter squadron, VMF(AW)-212.

* Continuity: The first time Maverick pulls up to Charlie's house, there is no sign in the front yard. When Maverick departs, a "For Rent" sign is now visible.

* Continuity: Before and during the "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" scene at the bar where Maverick and Goose (et al) serenade Charlie, Maverick's nametag clearly reads "Peter Mitchell," with an "r." Afterwards, when he follows Charlie into the women's room, you can now clearly see his nametag reads "Pete Mitchell," sans the "r."

* Revealing mistakes: Maverick fires the same missile from the same wing station at least three times. This is because only two live missile launches were authorized by the military and so the footage is repeated many times throughout the film along with model shots.

* Factual errors: When the crew sings You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling, they omit the second verse. Additionally, the second verse is missing when Charlie plays the song on the jukebox at the end of the film.

* Factual errors: When singing You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling, the crew sings the (incorrect) line "But baby, believe me I know it." The line is actually "But baby, baby I know it." It seems highly unlikely that every man in the room would make the same mistake like that.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Maverick launches for the final dogfight scene, he shortly announces, "Maverick's supersonic. I'll be there in 30 seconds." The viewer may incorrectly think the air battle is taking place 150 miles away, which would mean it would take him almost 12 minutes to arrive (traveling at Mach one (at sea level, 761.2 mph, faster than it is at altitude), but the battle is 150 miles away from the disabled communication ship SS Layton which is being rescued, not 150 miles from the carrier from which the Tomcats were launched.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: At the end of the movie, Maverick and the rescued crew meet up on the fight deck. The viewer may incorrectly think the engagement has taken place 120 miles away (making it impossible for the rescued crew to arrive so quickly), but it in fact takes place 120 miles from the SS Layton, not the carrier (the viewer is not told how far from the carrier the battle occurs, though indications are that it is within 30 miles).

* Factual errors: There is no trophy for Top Gun: what Iceman is holding at the ceremony is completely fictional.

* Continuity: Though the final battle scene supposedly occurs in the open ocean, the carrier is clearly docked in port during the celebration scene. The water around the carrier is calm and reflections of buildings can be seen in the water.

* Continuity: After the final live dog fight with the MIGS, the Commander of the carrier comes into the pilots' locker room with a lit stub of a cigar to tell Maverick that he (Maverick) can choose his next assignment. During the scene the cigar becomes significantly larger than the first stub. When the Commander departs, the stub cigar reappears.

* Continuity: During Charlie's first briefing, Chipper Adrian Pasdar's sunglasses alternate between being on and off.

* Plot holes: Maverick buzzes the same ATC tower both while stationed on the carrier in the end of the movie and while at Top Gun.

* Revealing mistakes: After the final dogfight, when the flight deck crew celebrates Maverick and Merlin's return, civilian clothing (a collared shirt, or golf shirt) can be seen under Tim Robbins' flight suit. In reality, depending on the weather, flight crew wear either a t-shirt or turtle-necked, long sleeved shirt under the flight suit. Tim Robbins' looks like he simply put on his flight suit over his street clothes prior to shooting the scene.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (13.4 KB, 222 views)
Old 3 August 2014, 12:20 PM   #82
gwozhog
"TRF" Member

You my friend have done a longer report on top gun than my Thesis in College.

Quote:
Don't bother.

Read below.

* Continuity: Stinger's ribbons on his chest.

* Continuity: The shot of the inverted F-14 cockpit (close to the cockpit of the MiG-28) is flipped, (lettering is reversed).

* Factual errors: In the final dogfight scene, when Iceman's plane is hit, they claim they are hit in the right engine; however, when they show the closeup of the bullet holes the "Rescue" point arrow is clearly visible. There is no rescue point on the engine nacelle of an F-14. Why would there be? These points are located on the front fuselage close to the cockpit.

* Revealing mistakes: The F-14 crews were filmed in a discarded Navy cockpit that was not attached to the rest of the plane. This is why you can never see the wings or vertical stabilizers in the background when they show the actors "flying" in this cockpit.

* Factual errors: There is no plane called the MiG-28 - all Mikoyan-Gurevich aircraft have odd-number designations. The planes used in the film to simulate the MiGs are Northrop F-5E Tiger IIs.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Navy rules state on tactical jets, oxygen shall be worn from takeoff until landing, a rule broken throughout the movie. Real Navy/Marine Corps pilots break this rule all the time as well.

* Continuity: In the elevator, Charlie's ear alternates between being tucked under her cap and being untucked between shots.

* Continuity: The distance between the aircraft after Goose takes the picture.

* Factual errors: During most flight sequences, safety pins and star wheels on left top head box of MBU GRU-8 ejection seat are installed. Thus the seat is not armed and in any inverted maneuvers, seats would slide off ejection gun rails.

* Continuity: The squadron markings on both Iceman and Maverick's Tomcats change a few times. Both of the original markings are not real Tomcats squadron markings.

* Revealing mistakes: Several times you can see missiles that are supposed to be live for combat hanging from aircraft wings. The missiles have a blue band around them indicating they are inert training missiles. Live missiles would have a yellow band as a warning of the live high explosive warhead.

* Revealing mistakes: During some of the training hops, you can clearly see that Merlin, not Goose, is Maverick's RIO.

* Continuity: Throughout the film in various dogfight scenes, the wrong pilot can be seen in the RIO seat of the F-14. For instance, in the initial carrier scenes, Sundown can be seen briefly as Maverick's RIO. In the training Hops, both Merlin and a blue-helmeted pilot can be seen in Maverick's RIO seat.

* Continuity: In close-up facial footage of Sundown, he has the word "SUNDOWN" on the front of his helmet. When you see him in the background of Maverick footage, and on the ground, he is wearing the same helmet, but without the writing on it.

* Boom mic visible: In Viper's office (visible in the top right as Jester and Viper converse following Maverick leaving the room.)

* Continuity: In the mission when Maverick has Sundown as his RIO, Jester's plane alternates between a plain gray paint job, and a camoflauge one.

* Continuity: The plane in the background of the hangar during the briefing for the first Hop changes between shots. In some frames it's an A4, in some it's an F14.

* Continuity: In the elevator scene, Charlie's hair is noticably darker than in other scenes. This is because this scene was shot after principal photography, and Kelly McGillis had already dyed her hair for another film role. The filmmakers tried to hide her darkened hair with the cap, but it's still noticable.

* Continuity: During the final dogfight, we several shot of Goose in the co-pilot seat when obviously he is dead and Merlin is Maverick's "RIO".

* Continuity: The champagne bottle during Maverick and Charlie's dinner at her house.

* Factual errors: When Maverick destroys the first enemy fighter in the final battle, it plummets straight down. A fighter jet traveling at close to the speed of sound would not fall straight down when struck, it would continue on its previous course and then begin to fall downward.

* Audio/visual unsynchronized: When the command deck officer informs Stinger that the catapults are broken and that they can't launch aircraft, the officer's lip movements don't match what he says.

* Factual errors: During both the training missions and dogfight scenes, the sound effects for the targeting system and the radar/missile warning are nearly identical. In reality, those two sounds would be completely different so as to give the pilot no doubt as to what's going on (as evidenced when Maverick appears confused when he hears a "lock on" tone when Jester "kills" him while Maverick's chasing Viper).

* Continuity: In hop 19, Hollywood and Maverick are chasing Jester while Viper gets away. Hollywood's plane is in front of Maverick's but when Maverick breaks away to go after Viper, it is the F-14 in front that pulls away.

* Continuity: Maverick's watch before and after the training flight.

* Continuity: Maverick's tailhook retracts too quickly when he decides to rescue Cougar. Additionally, it is visible in a later shot.

* Continuity: Charlie gains her folder when she exits the ladies room.

* Continuity: Iceman suddenly appears next to Wolfman in the locker.

* Continuity: Maverick's hair during the elevator scene.

* Factual errors: During the briefing prior to the final battle scene, the Commander informs the aviators that the fictional MIG-28 carries the 'Exocet' anti-ship missile and can fire that missile from 100 miles away. The 'Exocet' (AM.39) has a maximum range of 70 km (about 43 miles), which is a far cry from 100 miles.

* Continuity: In the scene on the carrier after the last dogfight, Ice gets in Maverick's face and they discuss being each others wingman. When the discussion starts Maverick takes off his sunglasses. At the end of the discussion, others lift Maverick up in the air on their shoulders. His sunglasses are already on.

* Continuity: When Maverick is cruising on his motorcycle right after arriving at Miramar, it is high noon. In the very next shot, the sun is setting.

* Continuity: In the elevator scene, Maverick walks through a "closed" elevator door.

* Continuity: Maverick's arms alternate between on his cheek, in his lap and folded between shots during Viper's lecture at the beginning of the picture.

* Continuity: First date between Charlie and Maverick, level of wine in bottle goes down then up and down then up and then some before the first drop is poured.

* Continuity: During the initial flight scenes with the MiG-28's, when Maverick is visible on the screen, Sundown's helmet (orange and white stripes) is reflected on the cockpit canopy. This is noticeable above and behind Maverick on the upper left side of the canopy.

* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): After Iceman says the alternate trophy for the runners-up is in the ladies room, Goose starts to laugh. In one shot, his hand isn't on Maverick's shoulder, but when he finishes laughing, it is.

* Continuity: Numerous positional inconsistencies during the volleyball game.

* Continuity: Through most of the first class at Top Gun, Slider has his arm behind Iceman, but right before he says, "The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room," Slider suddenly disappears.

* Continuity: Maverick Leaves the volleyball game with no belt on. He arrives at Charlie's house with one on

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: While all Navy pilots must have NOMEX flight gloves with them, they are not required to (and in fact, do not always) wear them.

* Continuity: Amount of ice in Maverick's glass in the airport bar.

* Continuity: Viper's sunglasses after Maverick's first landing after the accident.

* Revealing mistakes: When Maverick is riding his motorcycle along the runway, you can see the tie-down straps that hold him onto the trailer, visible on his front fender.

* Continuity: Supposedly the final dogfight happens over water, yet a mountain is visible in the corner of one shot.

* Continuity: The lettering on the front of Sundown's helmet disappears once he and Maverick are back on the ground after their first flight together.

* Revealing mistakes: The signal that Maverick is given before he takes off for the final fight scene is not the launch signal, but rather the "remove power" signal. This signal is given early in F-14 launch procedures, not right before launch.

* Continuity: Maverick's sunglasses are (not) on when Slider picks him up after they return to the carrier.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: "Ladies Room" sign on the window of the toilets isn't inverted when Maverick goes inside. That's because we're looking in a mirror.

* Revealing mistakes: In the bar scene when Goose is playing "Great Balls of Fire, " the movement of his hands does not match the music.

* Continuity: Position of the wine bottle at Charlie's place.

* Continuity: Toward the end of the movie, when Maverick is waiting on "Alert Five, " the camera cuts between Maverick in the cockpit and outside, where carrier crew are working on "his" plane. The plane they are working on is actually an A-6 Intruder, not an F-14.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Goose is depicted as a Lt (jg) and wears the proper insignia: on a white uniform, shoulder boards with one thick gold bar and one thin, and in khakis, a single silver bar (a full lieutenant wears double silver bars). (Some thought he was wearing full lieutenant insignia; they are similar.)

* Continuity: In stairwell Iceman puts on watch twice.

* Continuity: When Maverick is riding his motorcycle alongside the runway, after the F-14 takes off and turns to the left the shot changes and shows Maverick riding past lighting standards heading toward the runway as indicated by the strobe lights.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: The insignia for a Navy Lieutenant happen to be the same as for Army and Air Force Captains. Thus, Maverick and Iceman are correctly wearing Lieutenant insignia.

* Crew or equipment visible: When Maverick is driving his motorcycle along the runway with the planes taking off, you can see the bed of the truck he's atop at the bottom of the screen.

* Continuity: When the F-14 engines flame out before the flat spin, Goose says, "Engine one is out," and the next shot shows the number two (right) engine "flaming out". When Goose says, "Engine two is out," we see the number one (left) engine "flaming out". (The flame outs are actually the engines being normally brought out of afterburner.)

* Continuity: After diner at Charlie's, Maverick and Charlie have a talk and in the background there's a parrot eating a peanut (sitting on one leg). The peanut disappears and reappears between shots.

* Continuity: Navy pilots fly with the oxygen mask designated MBU-14/p, which in the movie is correctly depicted. But, after Goose ejects and is shown dead and bleeding in the water, he is wearing an MS220001 oxygen mask which was used in the '50s, '60s and very early '70s. It is not in use today.

* Factual errors: The term "bogey" is misused throughout the movie. A bogey is an unidentified aircraft. Once identified, it is referred to as a "friendly" (for friendly aircraft), "bandit" (for non-friendly aircraft) or "hostile" (for non-friendly aircraft that may be fired at). In USN terminology, a non-friendly surface radar contact is a "skunk".

* Continuity: When Maverick leaves Charlie's house after he has dinner with her, there is a For Rent sign in her yard (as there is when he drives by her house later in the movie), but there wasn't one when he arrived.

* Factual errors: Many errors are made when describing maneuvers that various aircraft have made. This is especially noticeable during the briefing before the first hop.

* Continuity: When Charlie gives Maverick a dinner invitation, she clearly writes it on a form, but on close up of the invitation, it is written on a blank sheet of paper.

* Revealing mistakes: When Maverick is launching from the carrier before the final battle, he goes directly into a roll when leaving ship. An F-14 taking off with full tanks of fuel wouldn't have gained enough speed to do this so soon. You can see while filming this (rear mounted camera), the plane that does the roll comes from a low-level flyby over side of the carrier. Also, the catapult Maverick supposedly launched from is "stacked" with parked aircraft.

* Factual errors: When Charlie chases down Maverick on his motorcycle her car has a blue DOD decal on its windshield. Blue decals are used for officers, red decals, for enlisted. As a civilian employee she would have had a green DOD decal for her car.

* Continuity: After Charlie hands out the dinner invitation to Maverick, Slider tells him "Crash and burn, huh, Mav?" while holding a plane model in front of his face. In the very next shot the plane disappears.

* Continuity: Maverick and Iceman seem to change planes during the final fight scene. Maverick launches in an F-14 bearing a 104 on the nose. Once he lands he exits an F-14 with 114 on the nose while Iceman exits an F-14 with 114 on the nose.

* Continuity: During the first hop, the sky is clear with minimal cloud cover most of the time, but in the shot near the end of the hop where we see the F-14 chasing the A-4 from above, the sky is extremely cloudy.

* Continuity: On hop 31, the planes clearly take off early in the morning, but once they're off the ground, it's high noon.

* Factual errors: In the opening scene when all planes take off, it is sunrise. As they intercept the "bogeys" it is high noon. Towards the end of flying time it is nighttime.

* Continuity: In the opening sequence, where Maverick and Cougar engage the two MiGs, there's a mountain range in the background of some shots, but the action is set in the middle of the ocean.

* Factual errors: During the final dogfight, the F-14's are shown launching AIM-9 Sidewinders as well as AIM-7 Sparrow missiles at the "Migs". The AIM-7's would have been worthless at the close ranges shown as the targeting aircraft has to maintain constant radar "lock" on its target. In addition, both the AIM-9 and the AIM-7 have minimum ranges of nearly a mile, making the likelihood of a kill in a close range dogfight very slim. The F-14 is armed with a 20mm cannon for this very reason and a Top Gun-trained pilot would probably have used it when battling more maneuverable aircraft at short range.

* Continuity: The F-14 #114 which crashes during practice is still used after the incident.

* Continuity: In the final battle scene, Iceman's jet is hit by machine gun fire and he say's he is shutting down engine 1. Later in the sequence, they are hit again by machine gun fire. Slider says they've been hit again to which the reply is that everything is ok, both engines are functioning normally. It would be really hard for that to be considering he already shut down one engine.

* Revealing mistakes: The enemy Mig 28/F-5E Tiger II aircraft seen at at the end of the movie are supposed to be carrying Exocet anti-ship missiles. They are not. They are armed with Aim-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles and fuel tanks. The Exocet missile is large enough to be visible if it were carried.

* Continuity: The bird cage at Charlie's place disappears from behind her when ‘Dock of the Bay’ starts playing.

* Continuity: When Cougar is freaking out, he looks twice at his family photo. The altimeter reads 31,500 ft the first time, and *9,300 ft (the first number obscured) a second later. But he is flying straight and level.

* Factual errors: Viper says "I flew with your old man. VF-51, the Oriskany... His F-4 was hit". USS Oriskany was an Essex class carrier, of which the USN operated several off Vietnam in 1965, but the class never operated F-4s.

* Factual errors: In the final engagement when Maverick says he is "supersonic", the next shot shows his F14 with the wings in the extended position. For an F-14 to be traveling at supersonic speeds, the wings would have to in the swept back position. He could not have forgotten to sweep his wings back because the wing geometry of the F-14 is not pilot-controlled; it is controlled automatically by the flight computer.

* Factual errors: Iceman and Slider wear patches and insignia from then Attack Squadron 25 (VA-25) now Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA-25) the "Fist of the Fleet." VA-25 never operated F-14s. At the time that the movie was filmed VA-25 flew A-7 Corsairs. Currently VFA-25 Flies the F/A-18C Hornet

* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Charlie wears Naval Aviator wings, and a Chief Petty Officer's rank insignia on her leather jacket, although she is a Government Civilian, and would not have earned either badge. It is against federal law to wear unearned badges and insignia on a military installation.

* Factual errors: In the movie Maverick, (the pilot), selects targets, selects the weapon and fires the weapons. In reality, the RIO, (Radar Intercept Officer, Goose in this case), performs these tasks. The pilot just flies the plane and will only operate the weapons if the RIO is either dead, incapacitated or has weapon system failures.

* Continuity: When flying with Maverick, Sundown's helmet reads 'Sundown', while on the aircraft carrier, it is blank.

* Factual errors: The entire premise of the dogfights is totally misrepresented: The F-14 Tomcat is capable (at the time the movie was made) of simultaneously tracking and attacking six targets at once; hence, the idea of moving into to very close range and picking off targets one by one is World War II era tactics. The AIM9 Sidewinder, depicted in the movie, has a range of up to 11 miles; the AIM7 Sparrow is a medium range air intercept missile that can be fired up to 30 miles away from the target and still register a kill--all this, being able to distinguish between friendly and hostile targets. Thus, when Maverick was launched on Alert 5 to help Iceman, he could have had all five hostile targets identified, targeted and attacked miles from up to 30 miles away, since Iceman had not identified the bogeys as hostiles until later.

* Factual errors: The entire defensive capabilities of the F-14 are misrepresented. The F-14 is equipped with chaff dispensers to deceive radar-guided missiles, and flare dispensers to fool heat-seeking missiles, none of which were used in the film, presumably to disguise the real capabilities of the aircraft; yet, even at the time (1986) video games were already depicting these capabilities. Neither real world combat nor video games force the pilots to rely solely on evasive maneuvering to outrun or outsmart a missile, which, once locked on by an enemy, without active countermeasures would be all but impossible to out-maneuver.

* Factual errors: The role of the wingman is reversed in the movie. The wingman supports the lead pilot and aircraft, not the other way around. The lead calls the shots; the wingman is there for an 'element of mutual support'. Hence, Maverick's declaration of , 'I'm not leaving my wingman' is backwards. The wingman stays glued to the lead; the lead does not stay glued to the wingman since, after all, that's why the lead aircraft is called the lead.

* Anachronisms: When Maverick and Charlie are having dinner, Otis Redding's "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" comes on and Maverick remembers his "folks loved it", then states his father "disappeared in an F-4 November 5th, 1965". However, this song was not written until November 1967.

* Continuity: During the "choice of assignments scene", after the final dogfight, the "late" Goose's name is clearly visible on the red locker door. The padlock on Goose's locker is also unlocked.

* Factual errors: In one scene, Viper mentions that he flew with Mavick's old in VF-51, aboard the Oriskany. In another scene, Maverick tells Charlie that his dad disappeared November 5, 1965 in an F-4 (Phantom). The fact is that Capt. Harland P. Chapman, USMC was shot down and became a POW while flying an F-8E Crusader from the Oriskany 11-5-65. His unit was marine fighter squadron, VMF(AW)-212.

* Continuity: The first time Maverick pulls up to Charlie's house, there is no sign in the front yard. When Maverick departs, a "For Rent" sign is now visible.

* Continuity: Before and during the "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" scene at the bar where Maverick and Goose (et al) serenade Charlie, Maverick's nametag clearly reads "Peter Mitchell," with an "r." Afterwards, when he follows Charlie into the women's room, you can now clearly see his nametag reads "Pete Mitchell," sans the "r."

* Revealing mistakes: Maverick fires the same missile from the same wing station at least three times. This is because only two live missile launches were authorized by the military and so the footage is repeated many times throughout the film along with model shots.

* Factual errors: When the crew sings You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling, they omit the second verse. Additionally, the second verse is missing when Charlie plays the song on the jukebox at the end of the film.

* Factual errors: When singing You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling, the crew sings the (incorrect) line "But baby, believe me I know it." The line is actually "But baby, baby I know it." It seems highly unlikely that every man in the room would make the same mistake like that.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Maverick launches for the final dogfight scene, he shortly announces, "Maverick's supersonic. I'll be there in 30 seconds." The viewer may incorrectly think the air battle is taking place 150 miles away, which would mean it would take him almost 12 minutes to arrive (traveling at Mach one (at sea level, 761.2 mph, faster than it is at altitude), but the battle is 150 miles away from the disabled communication ship SS Layton which is being rescued, not 150 miles from the carrier from which the Tomcats were launched.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: At the end of the movie, Maverick and the rescued crew meet up on the fight deck. The viewer may incorrectly think the engagement has taken place 120 miles away (making it impossible for the rescued crew to arrive so quickly), but it in fact takes place 120 miles from the SS Layton, not the carrier (the viewer is not told how far from the carrier the battle occurs, though indications are that it is within 30 miles).

* Factual errors: There is no trophy for Top Gun: what Iceman is holding at the ceremony is completely fictional.

* Continuity: Though the final battle scene supposedly occurs in the open ocean, the carrier is clearly docked in port during the celebration scene. The water around the carrier is calm and reflections of buildings can be seen in the water.

* Continuity: After the final live dog fight with the MIGS, the Commander of the carrier comes into the pilots' locker room with a lit stub of a cigar to tell Maverick that he (Maverick) can choose his next assignment. During the scene the cigar becomes significantly larger than the first stub. When the Commander departs, the stub cigar reappears.

* Continuity: During Charlie's first briefing, Chipper Adrian Pasdar's sunglasses alternate between being on and off.

* Plot holes: Maverick buzzes the same ATC tower both while stationed on the carrier in the end of the movie and while at Top Gun.

* Revealing mistakes: After the final dogfight, when the flight deck crew celebrates Maverick and Merlin's return, civilian clothing (a collared shirt, or golf shirt) can be seen under Tim Robbins' flight suit. In reality, depending on the weather, flight crew wear either a t-shirt or turtle-necked, long sleeved shirt under the flight suit. Tim Robbins' looks like he simply put on his flight suit over his street clothes prior to shooting the scene.
Old 4 August 2014, 03:32 PM   #83
yjfang
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 1680
I didn't notice any of these errors…I was too busy trying to remember every single line!
yjfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2014, 01:13 AM   #84
Roller07
"TRF" Member

Watch: HulkPepsiCoke
That's right Iceman, I AM dangerous.
Old 5 August 2014, 01:33 AM   #85
yjfang
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex33020 View Post
OMG have you seen her now on Hawaii 5-0. Holy cow horrible plastic surgery.
That's not Meg Ryan. She is Melanie Griffith, married to Antonio Banderas.
yjfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2014, 01:17 AM   #86
shadowcaster

"Talk to me Goose"

!966 T-38 pilot training.......a long, long time ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg usaf_1.jpg (277.0 KB, 165 views)
shadowcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2014, 02:40 PM   #87
MitchSteel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Rolex
Resurrecting a mouldy old thread, I see.......I like it.

I'm no high speed jet jock.....I prefer straight and level,no loopty loops.
But I do love me some PD PVD watches.
Here's mine......been looking for one in this shape for a lo long time.http://http://

Probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival---Capt. Rage

Don't believe anything in aviation, 'till V1---Mitch Danger Steel
MitchSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2014, 09:49 PM   #88
james1787
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060
I was 12 when the movie came out... it was great to us!
james1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2014, 05:26 AM   #89
vitix
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSteel View Post
Resurrecting a mouldy old thread, I see.......I like it.

I'm no high speed jet jock.....I prefer straight and level,no loopty loops.

But I do love me some PD PVD watches.

Here's mine......been looking for one in this shape for a lo long time.http://[IMG]http://i1277.photobucket....jpg[/IMG]http://[IMG]http://i1277.photobucket....jpg[/IMG]

Nice!!!!!! Wao!! Very good shape!

Rolex Submariner Date 16610 Z series / DSSD / GMT MII BNLR / Daytona 116500LN
Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 / Formula 1 Orange dial

Panerai Luminor Power Reserve / PAM49
vitix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2014, 05:41 AM   #90
ErikSzper
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM326
Omg, that is an impressive list of shortcomings, thankfully my life isnt under that type of scrutiny :)
ErikSzper is offline   Reply With Quote