The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 8 May 2018, 12:09 PM   #1
Son Volt
"TRF" Member

Thanks to Phillip Ridley!

Just wanted to take a moment to thank Phillip Ridley and Jana at Watchmakers International for absolutely outstanding work and communication in regard to my Dad's Air King which I've just started wearing some five years after his passing.

A local "Rolex dealer" really bungled the servicing and restoration, resulting in not only an erratic second hand movement but the knocking off of several minute indicators on the dial face. Phillip not only inspected the work and fixed the second hand tensioning, but then oversaw the reapplication of the minute indicators. The work is so flawless, I had to look at a "before" pic to determine which minute hands were actually new and which were original.

During the journey, my sister discovered in my Dad's old files the original paperwork from when he purchased this watch in June 1973 in Lucerne, Switzerland at a store called Bucherer while on vacation. When he returned home, he was so pleased, he sent them a letter and cashier's check for the same amount as he wanted to purchase an identical Air King for his brother, John. The store replied a couple weeks later that though currency exchange rates had changed and the watch was now more expensive (in US dollars), they were so happy he was pleased, they were sending an additional watch for exactly what he'd paid for his. You don't see customer service like this anymore, huh!

Phillip really saved the day on this, and rest assured any time this watch needs attention, off to Phillip and Jana it will go. Thanks to this forum for turning me onto him and his work. I couldn't be more pleased.

Regards,
DeWayne
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMG_3321.jpg.zip (537.5 KB, 72 views)
Son Volt is offline   Reply With Quote