The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 12 January 2019, 01:15 AM   #1
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Help with custom end links for Tudor Oyster Prince Day Date 94613

Hello ladies and germs. Long time lurker, first time posting. Hopefully when time allows I’ll introduce myself and share my watch collection with pics.

In the interim, I’ve a question about custom 20mm end links for my Tudor Oyster Prince Day-Date 94613. It’s from 1984. I need a two tone pair of end links since my case is stainless and the bezel is fluted gold to put on my alligator strap. I'd like to clean it up a bit and I think it'll look snazzy.

I’ve been looking at them online including ones from a vendor you guys buy from here (not certain if I’m allowed to mention names). I’ve e-mailed a few of vendors I’ve found online and none knows which end links to recommend for that Tudor 94613. I know it shared the case from Rolex.

I was thinking the ones for a two tone DateJust 16233 might work as the case looks identical. Ones are made for the DayDate 1803 but they’re solid gold color, not two tone.

Can anyone make a suggestion which one to purchase or recommend a link (if allowed)? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!
SunTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2019, 05:50 AM   #2
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

I attached a rather unflattering picture before it was cleaned and serviced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (108.3 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 1014612652_tp.jpg (18.3 KB, 123 views)
Old 12 January 2019, 11:06 AM   #3
zapokee
"TRF" Member

Lug width is 20 mm and case size is 39 mm, which is the same as a modern Explorer. Datejust is 36 mm, so the circumference is different - the curve of a Datejust end link wouldn't match the curve of the Tudor case.

I got some nice Explorer links from Smarty Jones of this parish. He might be able to advise you on this. I think he can do two-tone, too
zapokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2019, 01:17 PM   #4
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the feedback. I contacted him and he was unable to help, sadly. All my research has failed to yield any Tudor links.
Old 12 January 2019, 02:21 PM   #5
Richard Carver
"TRF" Member

Mr Jones, Mr Jones, Mr Jones.....he's got a thiiiing gion' on. :)

Richard Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2019, 05:15 PM   #6
zapokee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I contacted him and he was unable to help, sadly. All my research has failed to yield any Tudor links.
You might be looking for the wrong thing. There's no such thing as a "Tudor end link" for a strap. They're all aftermarket. You just need a generic 20 mm end link designed for a 39 mm case. Any end-link maker should be able to do this for you.
zapokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2019, 10:56 PM   #7
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapokee View Post
There's no such thing as a "Tudor end link" for a strap.
Thanks again. I realize that even though Smarty indicates "custom make perfect strap end links for most Rolex and Tudor watch models."

I attached a couple pics of the case measurements. I had to balance the ruler while taking the shot so it may be off by a mm or so. It's not a 39mm case. I believe those were the older "jumbo" day-dates.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn_IMG_6715.jpg (112.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg tn_IMG_6712.jpg (131.0 KB, 82 views)
Old 12 January 2019, 11:21 PM   #8
Richard Carver
"TRF" Member

The links for a two tone sub should fit just fine. I put the links for my 40mm 16570 on my 38mm Tudor 7020 with no problems.

Richard Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 03:45 AM   #9
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Carver View Post
The links for a two tone sub should fit just fine. I put the links for my 40mm 16570 on my 38mm Tudor 7020 with no problems.
Thanks, but I have a 94613, not a 7020. Mine's a smaller case. I provided the picture with the measurements. So that's my dilemma. Which Rolex model do I select for the end links in two tone that will work? I know (believe?) Tudor shared cases with Rolex back then.
Old 14 January 2019, 03:56 AM   #10
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapokee View Post
Lug width is 20 mm and case size is 39 mm, which is the same as a modern Explorer. Datejust is 36 mm, so the circumference is different - the curve of a Datejust end link wouldn't match the curve of the Tudor case.
I believe the case is smaller, nominally 35mm. I would think that DJ endlinks would probably be close in terms of curvature. However, fitting endlinks properly involves other factors, such as the position of the spring-bar holes, so unless they have actually been tested on that specific reference, you will be taking some risk.
Old 14 January 2019, 05:09 AM   #11
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
I believe the case is smaller, nominally 35mm. I would think that DJ endlinks would probably be close in terms of curvature. However, fitting endlinks properly involves other factors, such as the position of the spring-bar holes, so unless they have actually been tested on that specific reference, you will be taking some risk.
I figured as much. Found a seller on eBay that said I can try and always return for a refund and the only thing I'd lose is the nominal return mailing cost.

I was considering the DJ, but which reference? Or are all the same size case? Smarty has the DJ 16233 two tone and a "Date tu tone" both showing the image of the same watch.

Thanks for the help to everyone so far. Hopefully if I'm successful it'll help anyone else looking for these too.
Old 14 January 2019, 07:09 AM   #12
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
I was considering the DJ, but which reference? Or are all the same size case? Smarty has the DJ 16233 two tone and a "Date tu tone" both showing the image of the same watch.
The DateJust and Date are two different references, 36mm and 34mm respectively. Instead of asking strangers on the internet to measure your case by posting photos with a ruler, I suggest you measure it accurately with calipers.
Old 14 January 2019, 09:11 AM   #13
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
Instead of asking strangers on the internet to measure your case by posting photos with a ruler, I suggest you measure it accurately with calipers.
My apologies. I assumed posting that the watch is a reference 94613 along with a quick ruler measuring for a decent perspective; would indicate that it's not 39mm or reference 7020. I guess don't assume.

If the battery worked in my calipers, I'd post that measurement.