The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 March 2020, 06:29 PM   #1
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Miss the WIS...and a challenge...

I miss the WIS talk around here...one more stock avail, price and investment, and slam the grey thread and I am going to ....I don't know...something bad.

A challenge to the board...post something about our hobby and obsession not having any relation to the above...

Rant over. Out.

Ben
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 06:44 PM   #2
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizcut1 View Post
I miss the WIS talk around here...one more stock avail, price and investment, and slam the grey thread and I am going to ....I don't know...something bad.

A challenge to the board...post something about our hobby and obsession not having any relation to the above...

Rant over. Out.

Ben

What day and the exact time do you think the BLRO will drop to under MSRP on the grey market
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 08:35 PM   #3
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwatchcollector View Post
What day and the exact time do you think the BLRO will drop to under MSRP on the grey market
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 10:35 PM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I agree Ben. It will be nice to talk watches, with the focus on the watches.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 10:43 PM   #5
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
I know...I miss the days where guys complained endlessly about how dare Rolex change the lug size and bastardize the "tool" watch with a ceramic bezel.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 10:50 PM   #6
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Problem is more underlying. The threads get made and only a few responses because the interest level is not that of the majority here anymore. The old school guys are gone or fed up. The current birdbrains only care about those redundant non wis topics. I created two watch related topics yesterday, both gone from page 1 in less than 12 hours. That’s where TRF is now, don’t worry when the “investments” don’t pan out they will move on to pogs.
Old 30 March 2020, 11:17 PM   #7
*LexLover
"TRF" Member

Guys, we just have to realize things change and since this is a public forum, anyone can post a topic of their choosing within the limitations of the rules. As noted, you are free to post "your watch and your hula hoop collection" or "incoming BLRO" for the 1032nd time. Some folks will ignore those threads just as some folks will ignore the price and investment threads.
I think everyone can coexist here, but isn't it a bit self-centered to expect everything would abide by your wishes and desires? I ask as a serious question with no offense...
*LexLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 11:50 PM   #8
Setarip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:

Rant over. Out.

Ben

+1

I come here to escape all the covid 19 coverage. Like adults and kids turning to comics and B films by John Wayne during WWII. This is nothing close to that but please...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Setarip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2020, 02:06 AM   #9
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Rant over. Out.

Ben
What do you think my current collection will be worth in 2080?

But I see where you’re coming from OP.
Old 31 March 2020, 02:07 AM   #10
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LexLover View Post
Guys, we just have to realize things change and since this is a public forum, anyone can post a topic of their choosing within the limitations of the rules. As noted, you are free to post "your watch and your hula hoop collection" or "incoming BLRO" for the 1032nd time. Some folks will ignore those threads just as some folks will ignore the price and investment threads.
I think everyone can coexist here, but isn't it a bit self-centered to expect everything would abide by your wishes and desires? I ask as a serious question with no offense...
No offense taken. And not asking anyone to do anything uncomfortable.

Of course we can all co-exist. I wish everyone here to please stay home and healthy!
Old 31 March 2020, 02:18 AM   #11
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
I’m all in. I really wish Rolex would introduce an easy way to remove the bracelet. Would be cool to be able to just slip on and off a strap without having to risk destroying the watch case. Or taking it to my watch guy which is what I do. Even reintroducing lug wholes would be an improvement. At least on the Professional models. What do you think?
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2020, 02:26 AM   #12
Panos Cosmatos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarcus View Post
I’m all in. I really wish Rolex would introduce an easy way to remove the bracelet. Would be cool to be able to just slip on and off a strap without having to risk destroying the watch case. Or taking it to my watch guy which is what I do. Even reintroducing lug wholes would be an improvement. At least on the Professional models. What do you think?

Hmm, gotta say I’d be against it. I think Rolex views each piece as a cohesive design, and they may view easier customization as dilutive to the brand. And I’d have to agree with them: part of what is appealing about rolexes is the simplicity and cohesiveness of the design. A sub on oyster is perfect.

That said I’m all for reintroducing lug holes, I like the aesthetic.
Panos Cosmatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2020, 02:31 AM   #13
DonRickles
Banned

Watch: Your mouth
How about a lesson on "jewels"?
DonRickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2020, 02:32 AM   #14
DJ39
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panos Cosmatos View Post
Hmm, gotta say I’d be against it. I think Rolex views each piece as a cohesive design, and they may view easier customization as dilutive to the brand. And I’d have to agree with them: part of what is appealing about rolexes is the simplicity and cohesiveness of the design. A sub on oyster is perfect.

That said I’m all for reintroducing lug holes, I like the aesthetic.

I d not like lug holes it destroys the asthetic of the watch, I also like thick lugs it extends the watches life past our lifetimes

Also love the super jubilee and can’t wait to get one at an AD, I am on waiting list and should get one several years from now

DJ39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2020, 03:25 AM   #15
johnorpheus
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Totally agree. TRF is pretty much the only site I visit these days to decompress from the insanity.
johnorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2020, 05:32 AM   #16
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona BLNR SubLV
Quote:

Rant over. Out.

Ben

The unfortunate reality is that “back when the posts were all WIS” were the days when one could go to an AD, pick a watch (other than Daytona), enjoy said watch, and comment on it/other topics.

Now, there is (for most) a struggle to obtain the watch they want. And, they may have to pay a huge premium to get it. Obviously, some are drawn to watches for the flipping, but I think most are enthusiasts.

What they write about is what is facing them ... the struggle. Versus, in the past, what was facing them was ... an actual, physical, in their hand watch that they can comment about.

Dougiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2020, 06:43 AM   #17
watchspike
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Rant over. Out.

Ben
Challenge accepted;

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=734209
watchspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2020, 11:17 AM   #18
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougiebaby View Post
The unfortunate reality is that “back when the posts were all WIS” were the days when one could go to an AD, pick a watch (other than Daytona), enjoy said watch, and comment on it/other topics.

Now, there is (for most) a struggle to obtain the watch they want. And, they may have to pay a huge premium to get it. Obviously, some are drawn to watches for the flipping, but I think most are enthusiasts.

What they write about is what is facing them ... the struggle. Versus, in the past, what was facing them was ... an actual, physical, in their hand watch that they can comment about.

Well said.
Old 31 March 2020, 11:19 AM   #19
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchspike View Post
Just read your post. Fantastic and inspiring. Will shortly compose mine.

Restoring some faith!

Ben
Old 31 March 2020, 04:29 PM   #20
horseShu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Aqua Terra
What did you expect from people who call their watches Batgirl, Kermit or Smurf??
horseShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2020, 04:37 PM   #21
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Go over to the Seiko forum. We still talk about watches over there... of course, that’s probably because a person can still actually go buy any Seiko that they want.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 09:42 AM   #22
upsidedownbelt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116618LB
I think this topic is just about as bad as any of the other topics the OP mentioned. Saying you wish things go back to the way they used to be is almost alway a losing proposition.
upsidedownbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 09:51 AM   #23
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseShu View Post
What did you expect from people who call their watches Batgirl, Kermit or Smurf??
people have been calling the 16610LV a Kermit since it was released almost 17 years ago. Do your expectations from these "people" (TRF Members) account for the decade or more, prior to the watch shortage?

Irrelevant and non-sensical comment IMO. But you did succeed at re-intorducing the previous number 1 most annoying topics of conversations, prior to the shortage/investment Era... Nicknames. Bravo.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 10:27 AM   #24
upsidedownbelt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116618LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
people have been calling the 16610LV a Kermit since it was released almost 17 years ago. Do your expectations from these "people" (TRF Members) account for the decade or more, prior to the watch shortage?

Irrelevant and non-sensical comment IMO. But you did succeed at re-intorducing the previous number 1 most annoying topics of conversations, prior to the shortage/investment Era... Nicknames. Bravo.

Yes, x2. I would add the “let’s go back to the old days of this forum” as equally annoying.
upsidedownbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 10:47 AM   #25
Theoffice
"TRF" Member

Watch: Chnr, hulk, sub d
I think Rolex needs more diamond options in the midpoint if the lineup , A sub or gmt with diamond dial markers ? :)
Theoffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 12:18 PM   #26
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchspike View Post
Thank you!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 12:34 PM   #27
johnliley
2024 Pledge Member

I remember the days "when do you think they upgrade the clasp"?
Old 1 April 2020, 12:37 PM   #28
Scapegoat
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Pro
An open and diverse forum like TRF will no doubt generate lots of topics.

We should be thankful that we have a chance to air such views and if one is not keen to partake in a say "investment" thread, they can choose to ignore it and perhaps even start their own about the topic of their choice.

Hope my message does not come across as inflammatory, but just sharing the other side of the coin.
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote