The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 March 2024, 01:28 PM   #1
Enzo954
"TRF" Member

Incoming Breguet Tradition 7037

Just purchased this Breguet Tradition 7037 in white gold. I've been looking to get a Tradition, but Breguet with the exception of few lady models no longer make the 37mm-38mm sizes. Only 40mm and up. Even though I typically wear 40mm watches, the long straight lugs on Breguet's just make the 40mm look too awkward on my just under 7 inch wrist. Therefore, I went on the hunt for the discontinued 7027 (37mm) or the rarer 7037 (38mm).

I find the 7037 more desirable because it has a retrograde second's hand that snaps back to 0 once it hits 60, over the 7027 which has a power reserve indicator. The 7037 also has an automatic movement with an amazing looking rotor which is visible through the case back. The 7027 has a mechanical winding movement.

The only issue that I have encountered is the strap. If I want to change straps, the Breguet has very small screw in spring bars. Not the end of the world, but there are also 2 even tinier set screws that must be removed first. You can view one of them on the bottom right of the case back pic below. Believe me when I tell you that in person, these screws are almost impossible to see without some type of magnification. The pictures make them look much larger than they actual are. This screw is so tiny that I couldn't even get my .80 mm screwdriver to grab it. The screw head might be slightly stripped from the previous owner and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get the screwdriver to fit/grip into the screw slot to loosen it. Any owners out there have any tips for me? Do you think any competent watch repair place can get these out with ease?

Anyway....I love the watch and I plan to keep it forever! Pictures never do watches like this justice. Especially with my crappy camera phone :)

Enzo954 is offline   Reply With Quote