The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Gallery (Non-Rolex)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 June 2015, 03:16 PM   #1
CAL3135
"TRF" Member

What's Your Favorite Non-Rolex Watch?

Here's the first automatic watch I bought: the Tag Heuer Calibre 36, with TAG Heuer’s modified version of the famous Zenith El Primero.

Tag Heuer was my favorite watch until a few years ago, and I'd always stuck with quartz for accuracy and fewer maintenance requirements, but when this watch hit the market, and I held it and felt its movement working, I made the shift from pure accuracy to pure class.

I've had this watch for 7 years and it's still accurate to within +1.5-2 seconds per day. This watch has been all over the world, through all kinds of adventures, and it's never skipped a beat. The only negative thing I could say about it, if I had to say something, is it just hasn't held its value like a Rolex — $7000 new, and now easily had for $4000; however, that only matters if you want to sell. It's incredibly comfortable on the wrist and so easy to read — with an AR coating that produces a lovely, deep rich black hole effect.

Rolex has taken the number one position in my 'collection', but this is still, and will always be, a beautifully made piece.

CAL3135 is offline   Reply With Quote