The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 September 2006, 08:27 PM   #1
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Panerai On Antiques Road Show.

I have been told that there is a rather special Panerai coming up on Antiques Roadshow this Sunday,So tune in folks,suppose its mainly a UK thing.The Lawrence of Arabia Omega Pilots chrono was on again last week and no matter how often I see it, I'm amazed at the story.Found in a market in south wales and sold on for a fortune.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2006, 11:32 PM   #2
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
I could never be so lucky
Old 25 September 2006, 05:17 AM   #3
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
I have been told that there is a rather special Panerai coming up on Antiques Roadshow this Sunday,So tune in folks,suppose its mainly a UK thing.The Lawrence of Arabia Omega Pilots chrono was on again last week and no matter how often I see it, I'm amazed at the story.Found in a market in south wales and sold on for a fortune.
Should be interesting. Thanks for the heads up, Padi!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2006, 05:54 AM   #4
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Did you watch the show Peter? What Panerai was it? We have the same show here, it is called ‘Between Art & Kitch’.

It usually goes like this. Elderly gentleman sits at the table with the presenter and the resident expert. “Well sir, what have you brought with you?“. Gentleman opens an old cigar box and takes out an old and little scruffy watch. “This is an old Italian watch I picked up at a garage sale but I don’t know what it is”. Expert: “Well, this is very interesting. This actually is a prototype for the dive watch that was constructed for the Italian Navy. I’ve never seen one in the flesh, very interesting indeed”. (Goes on explaining about the watch and it’s origin). “Now you probably want to know it’s value?” Gentleman: “Well, eh, yes”. Expert: “This is an extremely rare piece, very sought after with collectors. Even in this state I would recommend to have it insured for at least 100,000 Pounds!”. (Cries of disbelief from the audience). Presenter: “May I ask sir, what did you pay for it?”. Gentleman, with huge grin on face: “I think it was 50 p”.

It's never me, never
Old 25 September 2006, 08:14 AM   #5
mamas
"TRF" Member

here's the link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/antiques/antiqu...ects/905.shtml
mamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2006, 07:49 PM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Must say when the appraiser told him the value of the watch,the look on his face was a classic,but think if it was me would have been the same.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote