The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 8 September 2020, 10:42 AM   #1
330ci
"TRF" Member

How to tell if a t19 is legit?

So I bought some old watchmakers stuff and found a few Rolex parts in here. An insert that’s fairly mangled and a crystal that was marked 5513 orig on the container but it wasn’t the Rolex container, just a plain envelope. The insert was in a 5513 Rolex package from I assume the replacement. I want to make sure what it is before I get rid of it. The guy stopped watchmaking in 1990, not sure if there were any fakes around then or not. And the part was likely older than that.

Any info about either would be appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A6056AF5-268B-413C-90AB-2AFCE26A22B3.jpeg (186.8 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpeg 87A18513-E509-45BC-A3E8-7955A4E46787.jpeg (100.8 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpeg 9F07F94E-3607-4529-9398-BCB17BA31272.jpeg (170.7 KB, 247 views)
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 07:10 PM   #2
roh123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gilt Rolex
Hard to tell from those pics. It could be an original superdome. Usually the easiest tell is from the side and seeing how it distorts the dial. The insert look like a standard mk3 from the 70’s.
Old 9 September 2020, 12:24 AM   #3
southtexas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Cool finds! That crystal could very well be real, impossible to tell from photos. What else did you get in the lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 12:49 AM   #4
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexas View Post
Cool finds! That crystal could very well be real, impossible to tell from photos. What else did you get in the lot?

still going through it really, but there's some patek parts in packages, a vintage calatrava dial that might be original? hundreds if not thousands of random watch movements. Mainly US brands, but found a few Omega movements, a Rolex 1400 movement, and some other random stuff. a Le Coultre Futurematic was in there, gave that to my dad.
I don't even know where to start with alot of the stuff. I have probably 100k brand new watch parts from various brands. random tools, timegraphers, polishing set up etc.
the weirdest one was 13 pounds of used watch batteries. turns out even those are worth a few bucks as silver scrap!
a few stainless vintage jb champion bands.
i'm sure there will be more cool little finds.

I'll never know what was in his safe, apparently they sold all the watch parts and watches in there to one guy. My guess is they probably got screwed out of 10's-100's of thousands. I paid $1,200 for my lot of goodies, but that included a suburban full of watchmakers equipment and random parts. I'm not sure how i'll end up liquidating it all, but there's profit to be had at some point in this project.
Might sound kind of dumb, but I wanted to get into watchmaking as a hobby, So I figured this would probably be the cheapest way to get me a complete set of watchmakers tools. The only problem is none of it is organized, so I have a million different tools in a million different areas. The timegraphers I got are outdated and that sort of thing, so I will likely need to buy a bunch of replacement stuff anyways. but at least I got the vari matic jewelry cleaner with all the dishes, a bunch of watch demagnetizers, plenty of hand pullers, mainspring winders, and a bunch of other stuff i'm going to learn it's function and purpose through googling my fingers off.
Old 9 September 2020, 12:51 AM   #5
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roh123 View Post
Hard to tell from those pics. It could be an original superdome. Usually the easiest tell is from the side and seeing how it distorts the dial. The insert look like a standard mk3 from the 70’s.
i'll have to see if there are any distortion test I can do without a dial, as I don't have a sub dial xD

I found a NOS Tropic 12 in there for my vintage oyster which i'm over the moon about.
Old 11 September 2020, 02:33 AM   #6
southtexas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci View Post
still going through it really, but there's some patek parts in packages, a vintage calatrava dial that might be original? hundreds if not thousands of random watch movements. Mainly US brands, but found a few Omega movements, a Rolex 1400 movement, and some other random stuff. a Le Coultre Futurematic was in there, gave that to my dad.
I don't even know where to start with alot of the stuff. I have probably 100k brand new watch parts from various brands. random tools, timegraphers, polishing set up etc.
the weirdest one was 13 pounds of used watch batteries. turns out even those are worth a few bucks as silver scrap!
a few stainless vintage jb champion bands.
i'm sure there will be more cool little finds.

I'll never know what was in his safe, apparently they sold all the watch parts and watches in there to one guy. My guess is they probably got screwed out of 10's-100's of thousands. I paid $1,200 for my lot of goodies, but that included a suburban full of watchmakers equipment and random parts. I'm not sure how i'll end up liquidating it all, but there's profit to be had at some point in this project.
Might sound kind of dumb, but I wanted to get into watchmaking as a hobby, So I figured this would probably be the cheapest way to get me a complete set of watchmakers tools. The only problem is none of it is organized, so I have a million different tools in a million different areas. The timegraphers I got are outdated and that sort of thing, so I will likely need to buy a bunch of replacement stuff anyways. but at least I got the vari matic jewelry cleaner with all the dishes, a bunch of watch demagnetizers, plenty of hand pullers, mainspring winders, and a bunch of other stuff i'm going to learn it's function and purpose through googling my fingers off.

Wow

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2020, 12:14 AM   #7
mabur
"TRF" Member

Do you sell those parts ?
mabur is offline   Reply With Quote