The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 3 March 2020, 09:51 AM   #1
tchcxp
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC, Rolex and GS
Breguet Type XXII 3880 service interval and cost?

Hi guys,

Is there anyone had the experience of getting a Breguet type XXII 3880 serviced? I googled but didn’t get an answer - though there is a PDF of Breguet service price list indicating the 10hz Flyback movement cost is the same level of a tourbillon which costs close to 2000 USD. In the meantime, the PDF says the service needs to be back to Swiss.

http://www.sguscustomerservice.com/

Also, I didn't find any posts regarding the service interval of this piece - considering it has a 10hz movement, more than twice of normal 4hz - I’m assuming it’s kind of half interval of most of Rolex/omega - like every 3-4 years or even shorter?

I understand the service of flyback chronograph is expensive, but I think it's the main reason stop me buying this watch.

Thanks,
tchcxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2020, 11:09 AM   #2
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchcxp View Post
Hi guys,

Is there anyone had the experience of getting a Breguet type XXII 3880 serviced? I googled but didn’t get an answer - though there is a PDF of Breguet service price list indicating the 10hz Flyback movement cost is the same level of a tourbillon which costs close to 2000 USD. In the meantime, the PDF says the service needs to be back to Swiss.

http://www.sguscustomerservice.com/

Also, I didn't find any posts regarding the service interval of this piece - considering it has a 10hz movement, more than twice of normal 4hz - I’m assuming it’s kind of half interval of most of Rolex/omega - like every 3-4 years or even shorter?

I understand the service of flyback chronograph is expensive, but I think it's the main reason stop me buying this watch.

Thanks,
I owned this very watch for a while. It is remarkably cool. However it wore quite big on me so I flipped it. The movement is special as you mentioned so you will need to get it serviced every 3 to 5 years. I think I was quoted $1200 by the Breguet Boutique in NYC. Try calling them tomorrow and asking them. They should be able to get a number for you. If you have a big wrist and you love really cool watches this one is definitely special. I think Govberg has one too. Let us know what you do.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 01:35 PM   #3
tchcxp
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC, Rolex and GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I owned this very watch for a while. It is remarkably cool. However it wore quite big on me so I flipped it. The movement is special as you mentioned so you will need to get it serviced every 3 to 5 years. I think I was quoted $1200 by the Breguet Boutique in NYC. Try calling them tomorrow and asking them. They should be able to get a number for you. If you have a big wrist and you love really cool watches this one is definitely special. I think Govberg has one too. Let us know what you do.

Hey mate, many thanks for the photos, details and advice.

I tried the watch again, and yes, you are right, it's very large and thick one and I cannot hold it in my 15.5cm wrist.

Alao, regarding the service cost, I got confirmed that this piece needs to be sent back to swiss (I am in Australia), and the cost is very close to 3k AUD including shipping.

It's a great watch but considering the size and maintainance, I have to skip it.

Thanks again,
tchcxp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3880 , breguet , cost , interval , service