The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 30 September 2005, 01:14 AM   #1
Mort
"TRF" Member

Tourneau Brand

What are some opinions on the Tourneau brand watches. I am looking at a 38mm Pink Gold dress watch with an ETA automatic movement. For the money the watch looks and feels nice. Anyone ever owned the house brand?
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2005, 01:53 AM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort
What are some opinions on the Tourneau brand watches. I am looking at a 38mm Pink Gold dress watch with an ETA automatic movement. For the money the watch looks and feels nice. Anyone ever owned the house brand?
Well Mort not owned any of the brand, but they seem to be quite heavily
discounted as much as 50% on some models. ETA movements in general are
very reliable and accurate, especially the 2824 or 2836 range.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2005, 03:54 AM   #3
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Hey Mort, welcome to TRF mate, great to see you over here!! Sorry I am unable to help you on your question, but hopefully someone will have some info for you.

Great to have you aboard.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2005, 04:47 AM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Hi Mort,

A B I G welcome to TRF. Honestly, I didn't even know that there was a watch by the name of Tourneau. I thought that was the name of an AD in Vegas.

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2005, 05:24 AM   #5
Mort
"TRF" Member

I have done some research and they have been doing their own house brand for some time. They are also a regular AD as well. When I went in, I was looking to buy a dress watch and do a trade. They offered me $2400 in trade for my TT GMT 16753 from the mid eighties. I do not think I am going to do it, as I know a 20 something year old Rolex will always be worth more than a a basic 18k Gold ETA movement watch, unless it has a well known name like Omega or other fine swiss names.
Old 30 September 2005, 05:36 AM   #6
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

From the few bits and pieces I can recall from another forum, I think Tourneau are NOT very nice people to deal with. I believe they don't offer discounts as they deal with only the richie rich from Vegas....and their salespeople can also be very rude.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 30 September 2005, 06:09 AM   #7
Mort
"TRF" Member

They treated me pretty nice, of course I was wearing my DD, so they most likley thought I was a money no object person. Plus they are across the hall from Mayors, a high end jeweler, and Bailey Banks and Biddle, so they have a good bit of competion.

Still they have the nicest selection in town, including JLC, Patek,AP,Pan, Lange amd every other high end brand. The only one they are not AD for is Rolex, because Mayors is the AD for Rolex in that mall.

But you are right, I have heard the same thing about Tourneau from others people that they can be rude. If they were, I would not consider dealing with them.
Old 30 September 2005, 06:13 AM   #8
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

BTW, Mort, I love your avatar. That solid gold DD with Romans is such a beautiful classic!!

Old 30 September 2005, 06:19 AM   #9
Mort
"TRF" Member

Thanks, I had the dial put on when I sent it in for service, it used to have an after market MOP with diamond dial, Hated it. It now matches my new TT DJ.
Old 30 September 2005, 06:26 AM   #10
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort
Thanks, I had the dial put on when I sent it in for service, it used to have an after market MOP with diamond dial, Hated it. It now matches my new TT DJ.
Good move....diamonds are for the other sex!!

Old 30 September 2005, 08:07 AM   #11
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Good move....diamonds are for the other sex!!
Now what the hell does your kinky old butt do with diamonds during sex??

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2005, 11:21 PM   #12
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Hello, Mort. Let me add my welcome to TRF. It's good to see you over here. Stick around and join the Fun Bunch here.

As for Tourneau, I would be somewhat hesitant with them. They don't have a great reputation in most places and I've heard some real (negative) stories about the sales people in their New York flagship store. I've browsed in their New York and Vegas stores and have been less than impressed by the lack of knowledge of their sales people. I was in their Vegas store a couple of months ago. They had a decent selection of Breitlings, but the sales people knew nothing about them and were not even aware of the Olympus model - whereas the jewelry store in the Mandalay Bay had several Olympus on display.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2005, 12:00 AM   #13
Alan From New York

Watch: And Learn
I know very little about the Tourneau brand and it's because Tourneau wants it that way.

They seem okay, but pale in comparison to the only other house brand I know, Carl F. Bucherer.
Alan From New York is offline   Reply With Quote