The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 20 February 2020, 02:24 AM   #121
starflyerotr
"TRF" Member

321 stainless wait time

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
“Double” seems ambitious?

I placed an order and it is confirmed with an eta of up to 1 year...

Also told locally by boutique order list has been since closed?

The local AD estimated sometime in the summer. The AD here says they sell more than the local OBoutique - if you can believe that. they have received more 50th anniversary and platinum 321 than the OBoutique. Hopefully the ADs estimate delivery are on point...
starflyerotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2020, 05:14 PM   #122
AntonL
"TRF" Member

I registered interest in the new Ed White but decided not to proceed due to Omega's terms.

They required a deposit of several thousand dollars with no guarantee of delivery or indication of time frames. If the watch could not be delivered (within an unspecified, open ended time frame) then I would receive my funds back.

If however, I chose to not to proceed with the purchase, then there would be a monetary penalty. It's one thing to put your name down on a list but it's unacceptable to me for them to hold my cash with no guarantee of delivery and take a chunk out if you change your mind.
AntonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2020, 05:37 PM   #123
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonL View Post
I registered interest in the new Ed White but decided not to proceed due to Omega's terms.

They required a deposit of several thousand dollars with no guarantee of delivery or indication of time frames. If the watch could not be delivered (within an unspecified, open ended time frame) then I would receive my funds back.

If however, I chose to not to proceed with the purchase, then there would be a monetary penalty. It's one thing to put your name down on a list but it's unacceptable to me for them to hold my cash with no guarantee of delivery and take a chunk out if you change your mind.
Agree, That would be a deal breaker.

The terms I ordered under was a full refund at the customers choosing.

Old 21 February 2020, 05:58 PM   #124
AntonL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agree, That would be a deal breaker.

The terms I ordered under was a full refund at the customers choosing.

Lucky you! I'm surprised their policy isn't consistent. Please enjoy when you receive your new Ed White.
Old 21 February 2020, 06:00 PM   #125
AntonL
"TRF" Member

I think comparisons of aesthetics and movements are a moot point. The new Ed White is a faithful recreation of a watch produced in the mid 1960's. The Daytona is a modern reference with decades of evolution both inside and out. If you want to compare design aesthetics, then pit the Speedy against a 6239 from the same era.

Comparing movements is a fun but fruitless exercise - (manual wind vs automatic), (lateral vs vertical clutch), (55hrs power reserve vs 72hrs), (18,000vph vs 28,800vph) etc. etc.

The pricing of the Speedy really puzzles me because it's a watch produced almost exclusively for a WIS. As many have pointed out, most people wouldn't know the difference between a moonwatch with a 321 vs a 861/1861 etc. It's almost as if they priced it at a forecasted frenzied grey market price. The Daytona on the other hand is not only for the WIS community, but also attracts those cashed up insta-guys/gals that have to have the status symbol that is Rolex. The demand from this market segment has been supporting the crazy prices we now see. I doubt such a niche Omega moonwatch will appeal to such a large proportion of the population.
Old 22 February 2020, 08:17 AM   #126
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonL View Post

Personally I like this process and would hope Rolex would do as such or similar. I’d like them to take a100% deposit and deliver in 12 months or so.

Im very high up on the aus market but I have it in writing if not delivered in 12 months it’s a full refund. They way they’re talking to be though it’s a near certainty I’ll have one in that time frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2020, 08:37 AM   #127
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Daytona great case and water resistance.

Omega everything else.

These are very fair competitors and should be priced the same. Imho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink3027 View Post
Purely based on aesthetics here, I prefer the Speedmaster to the Daytona. Seeing this side-by-side comparison really drives home the point that the Daytona dial has too many shiny, glossy surfaces -- it all starts to run together. The Speedmaster is much more legible and well laid out, IMO.
dial of speedy in the case, bezel and bracelet of daytona for me.
Dream on....
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2020, 09:13 AM   #128
redtigers
"TRF" Member

Long term plan was always a Daytona until this watch came around. I think it's a great way to fulfill the chronograph itch in any collection and will be happy to purchase when my turn comes up. Did anybody get a similar email from omega? I'm having a hard time understanding what it means:

Thank you for signing the request form for the Calibre 321 Stainless Steel.
You’ll find the product information attached - and on our website:
https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-o...31130403001001

The Speedmaster Calibre 321 Stainless Steel will be available early 2020.
Could you please confirm that you are interested in receiving the watch?
If so, kindly let us know where you wish to pick it up?
https://www.omegawatches.com/store/
With our warm regards,
redtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 02:57 AM   #129
redtigers
"TRF" Member

Any TRF members heard anything further on the 321 in steel?
redtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 04:23 AM   #130
jcoltrane
"TRF" Member

Is the 321 bracelet the same as the one on the 50th anniversary? That's my only complaint with the watch. For some reason the clasp doesn't open wide enough to get around my hand easily, even though it's a little loose when it's around my wrist.
jcoltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 04:53 AM   #131
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
I think the 321 has 19mm lug width while the 50th has 20mm.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 11:08 AM   #132
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Is the 321 bracelet the same as the one on the 50th anniversary? That's my only complaint with the watch. For some reason the clasp doesn't open wide enough to get around my hand easily, even though it's a little loose when it's around my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
I think the 321 has 19mm lug width while the 50th has 20mm.
The bracelet is different 19mm vs 20.
the clasp had not been finalized when I preordered a few months ago.
Old 20 December 2022, 04:22 AM   #133
bart12
"TRF" Member

Reviving this old thread as I took delivery of the 321 earlier this month and because reading through these comments really made me identify a pattern that most "321 ignorants" will only have become a member of this forum post 2016 aka once the insta/easy money/crypto watch mania started.

Just to make things clear, the Daytona is my all-time favourite watch and I own a few of them. Having said that, I can't find one thing Omega has done wrong with the 321. Yes the pricing is steep at first sight, but you get a lot of value for it, it almost feels like a bit of haute horlogerie and reminds me more of an AP 15202 than a current production Daytona.

Of course you can't compare Rolex with Omega as they follow a completely different approach. Rolex would never reissue a 6263, instead they almost behave like a girl that knows exactly how to tease and who gives you just enough to get your d*** hard but won't finish "the job" knowing damn well what should be done (e.g. all black subdials? sure but only on the 18k Daytona and no it won't look like a Lemon PN). And yes, this is exactly what keeps us (me included) coming back for more.

Omega really put a lot of effort in making the 321 like a time capsule catapulting you into the 60s but with today's production standards. Scratch-proof ceramic bezel that looks exactly like the original, sapphire crystal that can't be compared to the one of the "regular" Speedy pro, 1:1 reproduction of the 321 movement (which has existed since the 1940s, went to the moon, is accurate enough for daily use and even offers 60hrs PR [remind me, since when does Rolex offer 70/72h PR again?], a beautifully executed flat-link bracelet with solid center links and finally, NO fauxtina (as many have clarified before and which would be a no-go for me as well), all done in a dedicated workshop.

All of this really makes it hard for me to say that the 116500LN is the better offering at MSRP (let alone at grey market pricing), especially since the recent price hikes. A better everyday watch or one and done, yes. But better bang-per-buck? No.

It's going to be interesting to see whether Omega will really release a 105.012 or 145.012 with a 321 on January 3 and if so, if they would already discontinue the Ed White (which I don't think so) and what all of that would do to grey market prices of the Ed White post the MoonSwatch crazyness.
bart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2022, 04:31 AM   #134
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart12 View Post
It's going to be interesting to see whether Omega will really release a 105.012 or 145.012 with a 321 on January 3 and if so, if they would already discontinue the Ed White (which I don't think so) and what all of that would do to grey market prices of the Ed White post the MoonSwatch crazyness.
My guess, no 145.012 - this case style is already done in platinum with the 321.

Platinum 321 = 145.012
WG 321 = CK2915
SS 321 = 105.003

My bet is on a sedna gold 321 for CK2998
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2022, 05:59 AM   #135
Daytonaboy1977
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I have a 321 landing Tomorrow "Forgive the Pun" would be glad to do some comparisons alongside my white dial ceramic Daytona and the Snoopy 50th Anniversary Silver Snoopy edition. All very cool watches and IMO I would struggle to choose between the three.
Daytonaboy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2022, 06:02 AM   #136
Daytonaboy1977
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart12 View Post
Reviving this old thread as I took delivery of the 321 earlier this month and because reading through these comments really made me identify a pattern that most "321 ignorants" will only have become a member of this forum post 2016 aka once the insta/easy money/crypto watch mania started.

Just to make things clear, the Daytona is my all-time favourite watch and I own a few of them. Having said that, I can't find one thing Omega has done wrong with the 321. Yes the pricing is steep at first sight, but you get a lot of value for it, it almost feels like a bit of haute horlogerie and reminds me more of an AP 15202 than a current production Daytona.

Of course you can't compare Rolex with Omega as they follow a completely different approach. Rolex would never reissue a 6263, instead they almost behave like a girl that knows exactly how to tease and who gives you just enough to get your d*** hard but won't finish "the job" knowing damn well what should be done (e.g. all black subdials? sure but only on the 18k Daytona and no it won't look like a Lemon PN). And yes, this is exactly what keeps us (me included) coming back for more.

Omega really put a lot of effort in making the 321 like a time capsule catapulting you into the 60s but with today's production standards. Scratch-proof ceramic bezel that looks exactly like the original, sapphire crystal that can't be compared to the one of the "regular" Speedy pro, 1:1 reproduction of the 321 movement (which has existed since the 1940s, went to the moon, is accurate enough for daily use and even offers 60hrs PR [remind me, since when does Rolex offer 70/72h PR again?], a beautifully executed flat-link bracelet with solid center links and finally, NO fauxtina (as many have clarified before and which would be a no-go for me as well), all done in a dedicated workshop.

All of this really makes it hard for me to say that the 116500LN is the better offering at MSRP (let alone at grey market pricing), especially since the recent price hikes. A better everyday watch or one and done, yes. But better bang-per-buck? No.

Very nicely presented and I agree with the majority of your post. Looking forward to my 321 when it comes in the post Tomorrow.
Old 22 December 2022, 06:47 AM   #137
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonaboy1977 View Post
I have a 321 landing Tomorrow "Forgive the Pun" would be glad to do some comparisons alongside my white dial ceramic Daytona and the Snoopy 50th Anniversary Silver Snoopy edition. All very cool watches and IMO I would struggle to choose between the three.
The white 116500 is a great watch no doubt. I do not own one, but have handled several Daytonas via friends.

Preference is really going to come down to what you prioritize in a watch. The 321 is the ultimate in stealth horology and “if you know, you know.” You’d pay $50,000 for essentially the same movement in a Patek 5070. The Daytona photographs very well, but of course is much less legible in person with almost useless pushers due to the screw down nature, though it also has a great automatic movement and obviously is a very good looking time piece with good wrist comfort. Better WR with the Daytona, but I still wear my 321 in water. In contrast, the snoopy has a very cool caseback and apart from that I feel like it’s mostly a dial change vs the regular 3861, like comparing a sub LV to an LN. No right or wrong, just preference. Me personally, I find the 321 Speedmaster outpaces every single Rolex I’ve seen in terms of precision crafting and attention to detail. Plus the fact it’s based on Gene Cernan’s own watch and how limited the 321 is, well you can probably tell my bias lol.
Old 22 December 2022, 11:08 PM   #138
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I finally tried one on in person the other day over at a pre owned watch store named Collector’s. They had a 2021 full set. I was very impressed on how well it wore & was very light, reminded me of my current 3592. The fit & finish was superb & very legible dial. My name has been on the list for almost 2 years now too. Will see what the future brings.
Old 22 December 2022, 11:36 PM   #139
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Very nicely presented and I agree with the majority of your post. Looking forward to my 321 when it comes in the post Tomorrow.
Tomorrow is now today …

Looking forward to the incoming
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2022, 01:07 AM   #140
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
The Speedy looks better to my eyes and I love the bracelet. It also has a more interesting movement and certainly a nicer-looking one, not that you could see the heart of the Rolex even if it didn’t look industrial. All things being equal I would choose it over an SS Daytona.

All things are not equal though. To the untrained eye, the watch basically looks the same as one you can get for a third of the price and it’s not like you have the compensation of it being in PM (unless you spend absurd money on the platinum version). At MSRP it’d be extremely difficult to justify buying the Omega over the Rolex. Then again, the point is moot since hardly any bugger can get the Cosmograph at MSRP.

I have never bought a used watch, but this Speedy might really interest me if its value does what most non-limited Speedys eventually do.
I am on this train as well!
Nodzex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2022, 07:09 AM   #141
Daytonaboy1977
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Tomorrow is now today …

Looking forward to the incoming

Here we go! Not had chance to photograph properly. First impressions of the 321 were better than expected. It’s absolutely stunning in every way, taken me a few hours to get used to the non hacking movement thanks to a friend off the forum here. Honestly, it really is hard to choose, however, considering the history, build quality and damn good looks, I would argue the 321 slightly pips the Daytona. Some will argue the price, but in my eyes, the 321 is hand built by 1 master watchmaker, something you would generally pay 3 or 4 time more for from another brand. Add to the fact that super comfy tapered flat link bracelet and the stunning work of art when you flip it over to see the movement, it's a hard watch to beat. IMO - Worth every damn penny. PS forgive the quick pics and the cat trying to snaffle the Daytona in the background.

IMG_3082.jpg
IMG_3083.jpg
IMG_3085.jpg
IMG_3086.jpg
IMG_3087.jpg
IMG_3088.jpg
IMG_3089.jpg

Old 23 December 2022, 07:21 AM   #142
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here we go! Not had chance to photograph properly. First impressions of the 321 were better than expected. It’s absolutely stunning in every way, taken me a few hours to get used to the non hacking movement thanks to a friend off the forum here. Honestly, it really is hard to choose, however, considering the history, build quality and damn good looks, I would argue the 321 slightly pips the Daytona. Some will argue the price, but in my eyes, the 321 is hand built by 1 master watchmaker, something you would generally pay 3 or 4 time more for from another brand. Add to the fact that super comfy tapered flat link bracelet and the stunning work of art when you flip it over to see the movement, it's a hard watch to beat. IMO - Worth every damn penny. PS forgive the quick pics and the cat trying to snaffle the Daytona in the background.

Attachment 1338925
Attachment 1338926
Attachment 1338927
Attachment 1338928
Attachment 1338929
Attachment 1338930
Attachment 1338931

Congrats! The 321 is the ultimate “look closer” watch. Unexpected surprises at every angle, all culminating in something truly amazing.
Old 23 December 2022, 07:25 AM   #143
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
BIG congratulations and just in time for Christmas!!

You certainly have your chronographs covered very nicely

Now the only issue may be your user name

Enjoy the 321 and your others. Spectacular trio
Old 23 December 2022, 10:50 AM   #144
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:

Awesome!

Can you post a picture comparing the thickness of the Snoopy vs 321?
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2022, 04:34 PM   #145
OneOmegaMan
Banned

Just received my 321 as well! It's absolutely beautiful and i really love it. Second Omega I own now, right after the green Seamaster 300m a few weeks ago.

But i've run into a little problem. I pressed the top pusher button for the first time to try out the Chronograph function right? And after using it, i realized that the top pusher was jutting out and uneven as compared to the bottom pusher!

I immediately brought it down to the Omega Boutique and they said it was better to send it in for servicing immediately, and would most probably have to send it back to Switzerland, because only they would know how to work on a 321.

Waited so long to receive it and now I have to part with it for months again.

How does this even happen? I don't think i did anything wrong. I just pressed the top pusher normally. Why would it come loose?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg as.jpg (253.7 KB, 126 views)
OneOmegaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2022, 10:59 PM   #146
FrankNYC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SubC & Red;JLC RDM
2 different watches--I wouldn't mind a 321 and a white face Daytona. If forced to pick between the two, however, the Daytona at retail would be it for me.
FrankNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2022, 11:06 PM   #147
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOmegaMan View Post
Just received my 321 as well! It's absolutely beautiful and i really love it. Second Omega I own now, right after the green Seamaster 300m a few weeks ago.

But i've run into a little problem. I pressed the top pusher button for the first time to try out the Chronograph function right? And after using it, i realized that the top pusher was jutting out and uneven as compared to the bottom pusher!

I immediately brought it down to the Omega Boutique and they said it was better to send it in for servicing immediately, and would most probably have to send it back to Switzerland, because only they would know how to work on a 321.

How does this even happen? I don't think i did anything wrong. I just pressed the top pusher normally. Why would it come loose?
Congratulations!

I'm a bit çonfused by your picture. The top pusher appears to have "knurling" on the pusher stem.

Not the best, but here is a picture of mine, the stem is smooth.

I guess someone in the know here can comment. Perhaps the knurling only becomes visible when the pusher is out of place?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 24 December 2022, 01:19 AM   #148
Goose 104
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622
Quote:

The pushers look odd in this picture - the inner part should be smooth not knurled. Also the bottom pusher looks stuck in (there should be more of a gap). Did you try and twist them/screw down at all?
Old 24 December 2022, 02:12 AM   #149
OneOmegaMan
Banned

I didn’t twist or screw the top pusher at all. Only tapped it once to start the timer and once more to stop it. Then tapped the bottom pusher to reset. Only after that did I realize the top pusher was loose and jutting out.

It’s just not such a good angle to view the pushers. The bottom one is perfectly fine but the top one was loose. I sent it in to the service center today and the technician could literally pull the top pusher out!

She initially thought it was a regular speedmaster and said they had the parts to fix it. I told her she was mistaken, this is a 321 and only a handful of people in the world could work on it. She took it to the back to let the senior technician take a look and came back saying they would send it to Switzerland immediately! So it’s gone for at least 3 months I guess. Really sucks
OneOmegaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2022, 03:46 AM   #150
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I didn’t twist or screw the top pusher at all. Only tapped it once to start the timer and once more to stop it. Then tapped the bottom pusher to reset. Only after that did I realize the top pusher was loose and jutting out.

It’s just not such a good angle to view the pushers. The bottom one is perfectly fine but the top one was loose. I sent it in to the service center today and the technician could literally pull the top pusher out!

She initially thought it was a regular speedmaster and said they had the parts to fix it. I told her she was mistaken, this is a 321 and only a handful of people in the world could work on it. She took it to the back to let the senior technician take a look and came back saying they would send it to Switzerland immediately! So it’s gone for at least 3 months I guess. Really sucks
Wow that’s really too bad.

Please up date us with the outcome.