The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 10 October 2020, 08:51 PM   #61
alllexandru
2024 Pledge Member

The new one with 3861 mvt will be around 7-7.5k
Probably won’t be also available in the same qty’s like 1861 / 1863 Don’t ask :)
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alllexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2020, 10:01 PM   #62
Arcticsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alllexandru View Post
The new one with 3861 mvt will be around 7-7.5k
Probably won’t be also available in the same qty’s like 1861 / 1863 Don’t ask :)
Good luck

Has anyone heard any update about when this new 3861 movement will become the new standard?
Arcticsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 03:16 AM   #63
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Not to worry, the speedy pro with cal. 1861 was a limited edition of a few million pieces.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 01:07 PM   #64
BradSomrak
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticsub View Post
Has anyone heard any update about when this new 3861 movement will become the new standard?

I have not, but am similarly interested to see when this becomes official. I will probably go back and forth between an 1861 Hesalite and the 3861 (presumptively) Sapphire about 1,000 times between now and Spring.
BradSomrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 01:13 PM   #65
MrJKLFoams
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexOmegaJLC
Its the movement not the glass. Since it is for hard core moonwatch fans like me...
MrJKLFoams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2020, 06:38 PM   #66
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
Any idea when Omega will announce the new 3861 Speedy pro?
The AD can not tell me. What are the latest rumours?
Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 07:31 PM   #67
enkrypt
"TRF" Member

The Hesalite Speedy Pro will not be discontinued and will just go on, with the same movement. Stop spreading nonsense.
enkrypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2020, 06:56 AM   #68
Muzikman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub (116610LN)
Speedmaster professional Hesalite discontinued??!

If they do upgrade the watch, they meed to justify the upgrade and also the price increase. Now since they have the sapphire crystal in heritage moonwatch with 321 movement also, I think maybe the new one will have the same. The hesalite might get discontinued and apparently go at a premium in grey and make it stupid to buy a cheaper hesalite model at more premium than the newer model! But we know the craze it’ll generate if that happens. Also if they do discontinue the hesalite and only come with sapphire crystal, the shape might be changed a little and make the white ring less obvious I guess. The second change might be the ceramic bezel as the 321 heritage model also sports the same! The third change has to be the movement which everyone is anticipating. And the final change I hope is the slight change in the bracelet and make it adjustable like the rolex easy link or glidelock. The latter is a wishful thinking I know. Also I think the price increase might not be even 20%. It should be less than 15%. Omega’s advantage over the Rolex is the price and they don’t want to take a chance with their hot selling models am sure. So even after a few good upgrades, I think they might not increase the price by a big margin unlike the rumour. I too hope to buy a speedy soon but would certainly like to wait for the upgrade and prefer the newer one ceramic bezel, better movement and better bracelet.

Muzikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2020, 03:36 PM   #69
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
Omega’s advantage over the Rolex is the price and they don’t want to take a chance with their hot selling models am sure.

I think that used to be the case, but when you look at the prices of some of the special releases that is definitely no longer the case.

The fact that the No Time to Die is as expensive (in fact more expensive) than the no date Sub is insane.

In my opinion, Omega might use the new speedmaster release to elevate this line of watch.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2020, 04:33 PM   #70
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpit View Post
I think that used to be the case, but when you look at the prices of some of the special releases that is definitely no longer the case.

The fact that the No Time to Die is as expensive (in fact more expensive) than the no date Sub is insane.

In my opinion, Omega might use the new speedmaster release to elevate this line of watch.
NTD is a beautiful piece, but the mesh bracelet is hideous.

With that said, it’s not surprising that a special release like NTD is the same price as a standard no date sub. You have to compare a standard seamaster to the no date sub. And it’s 60% more expensive.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2020, 04:56 PM   #71
G3Z
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega, Rolex etc..
I went into an Omega Boutique and they said there’s no 1816 hesalites coming from Omega to them currently. None on site. So something is happening.
G3Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2020, 07:21 PM   #72
Toproll85
"TRF" Member

No she will not be discontinued. It is the 1861 movement that is.

Omega wants to equip all its watches with a Master Chronometer caliber...

Grönefeld 1941 RCF ¦ H. Moser Heritage Dual Time ¦ JLC Q1308470 ¦ L&S 1815 Up/Down ¦ L&S Zeitwerk Date ¦ UN Freak X carbonium
Toproll85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2020, 10:35 PM   #73
MCMartiny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toproll85 View Post
No she will not be discontinued. It is the 1861 movement that is.

Omega wants to equip all its watches with a Master Chronometer caliber...
It would make sense for Omega to:

- Update the sapphire sandwich with the new movement and possibly ceramic bezel, as their main moon watch offering (for non WIS collectors)
- Keep the hesalite version as is but make "limited production" (like Snoopy 50th) using remaining stock of 1861 movements, as an option for those who care about things being historically correct and NASA certification

Raise prices on both models by 20%
MCMartiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2020, 02:23 AM   #74
Muzikman
"TRF" Member

Quote:

A select models might be equally priced to rolex and some limited editions maybe more.. like the silver snoopy commands way more premium than the Panda Daytona. Which is I think ridiculous. It’s going for 10x the price! But overall their regular models are easily gettable and reasonably priced compared to Rolex. Actually I would say priced properly. Because the quality difference is also apparent compared to Rolex. But if Omega is going to follow Rolex and increase it’s prices to rolex level and make it less available, which I highly doubt they will, it might be a really bad move. People are already fed up of Rolex! It’s kinda frustrating and insulting when you have cash in your hands and go to buy a luxury product but you don’t get what you want and it’s a never ending waiting game or you have to develop a “relationship” with the AD first buy buying things you would not buy otherwise etc.
Old 23 November 2020, 11:20 PM   #75
enkrypt
"TRF" Member

Quoted from WUS:

Since Omega is my customer (Swatch) lemme have a quick look and see how many Speedy Pros have been coming in in our shipments from Switzerland to Swatch US in the last few weeks. I’ll report back.

(During Summer months it varied between roughly 50 to 100 units any given week)
Ok check done. Last weekend (11/15) shows 140+ Hesalite Speedy Pros coming in. This weekend (11/22) shows 150+ Hesalite Speedy Pros and 70+ Sapphire Speedy Pros coming in.

Hardly proof of an end to supply. Things may change but right now I see no evidence that this model is no longer being produced.
Old 24 November 2020, 12:00 AM   #76
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
A select models might be equally priced to rolex and some limited editions maybe more.. like the silver snoopy commands way more premium than the Panda Daytona. Which is I think ridiculous. It’s going for 10x the price! But overall their regular models are easily gettable and reasonably priced compared to Rolex. Actually I would say priced properly. Because the quality difference is also apparent compared to Rolex. But if Omega is going to follow Rolex and increase it’s prices to rolex level and make it less available, which I highly doubt they will, it might be a really bad move. People are already fed up of Rolex! It’s kinda frustrating and insulting when you have cash in your hands and go to buy a luxury product but you don’t get what you want and it’s a never ending waiting game or you have to develop a “relationship” with the AD first buy buying things you would not buy otherwise etc.
I didn’t say anything about them bringing prices in line with Rolex or tightening supply. I’m not even going there with the supply issue with Rolex.

I’m just making the the point that (in my opinion) the speedmaster professional is actually extremely well priced for what you get. Maybe even underpriced. I’m not saying it should be Daytona money, but I could see it being increased for sure.

Omega has evidently spent a decent amount of money on the 3861 movement. A movement that has only been put in two watches so far, both of which are not mainline production watches.

I think it’s safe to assume that the 3861 is going to replace the 1861 (I can’t see why they would keep both indefinitely when all omega movements are becoming Metas certified) and I think they’re going to make a new speedmaster professional and milk it for every last cent. And rightly so.

With a few certain upgrades such as ceramic bezel, revised movement and maybe enhance bracelet, a new standard speedie pro is going to be an incredible watch. But it isn’t going to be priced at the current price. Not a chance. I would think at minimum 15 to 20% uplift.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2020, 12:18 AM   #77
Muzikman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I didn’t say anything about them bringing prices in line with Rolex or tightening supply. I’m not even going there with the supply issue with Rolex.

I’m just making the the point that (in my opinion) the speedmaster professional is actually extremely well priced for what you get. Maybe even underpriced. I’m not saying it should be Daytona money, but I could see it being increased for sure.

Omega has evidently spent a decent amount of money on the 3861 movement. A movement that has only been put in two watches so far, both of which are not mainline production watches.

I think it’s safe to assume that the 3861 is going to replace the 1861 (I can’t see why they would keep both indefinitely when all omega movements are becoming Metas certified) and I think they’re going to make a new speedmaster professional and milk it for every last cent. And rightly so.

With a few certain upgrades such as ceramic bezel, revised movement and maybe enhance bracelet, a new standard speedie pro is going to be an incredible watch. But it isn’t going to be priced at the current price. Not a chance. I would think at minimum 15 to 20% uplift.

I don’t think it’s underpriced but priced just right. You get what you pay for. And I think they have just recently increased the prices already. I don’t remember the exact price earlier so can’t say percentage wise but their website shows increased prices already. So the new speedy with it’s upgrades will be 15-20% than their current new price so effectively that can be 25-30% more than the price a week/month back before the increase! Wow!

But am sure the new speedy will be better in many ways.

Old 24 November 2020, 11:12 AM   #78
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBM View Post
Not to worry, the speedy pro with cal. 1861 was a limited edition of a few million pieces.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 11:18 PM   #79
Craigdwh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet Type XXI
Both current hesalite and sapphire models have been discontinued as is and soon to be re released with upgrades.

"Where's the nearest bridge"?
Craigdwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2020, 12:58 AM   #80
Nicolamilton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdwh View Post
Both current hesalite and sapphire models have been discontinued as is and soon to be re released with upgrades.
Still available at their website. Nothing's changed apparently.
Nicolamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2020, 01:14 AM   #81
Craigdwh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet Type XXI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolamilton View Post
Still available at their website. Nothing's changed apparently.
Just because its still listed on their website does not mean its discontinued.

Its discontinued, to be re released with upgrades.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

"Where's the nearest bridge"?
Craigdwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2020, 05:32 AM   #82
enkrypt
"TRF" Member

Sigh. Sure, it's discontinued, we get it. Who told you that? Your AD right? Pushing you to buy one, quickly, because it's "discontinued". Wink wink.
Old 29 November 2020, 05:22 PM   #83
whiteibex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkrypt View Post
Sigh. Sure, it's discontinued, we get it. Who told you that? Your AD right? Pushing you to buy one, quickly, because it's "discontinued". Wink wink.
It appears it is no longer a rumour. Christmas is coming, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMartiny View Post
It would make sense for Omega to:
- Update the sapphire sandwich with the new movement and possibly ceramic bezel, as their main moon watch offering (for non WIS collectors)
- Keep the hesalite version as is but make "limited production" (like Snoopy 50th) using remaining stock of 1861 movements, as an option for those who care about things being historically correct and NASA certification
You forgot one piece of the puzzle: they just re-introduced Calibre 321, which is your "limited production for those who care about historically correct". Think about it, this was all part of the plan. They knew that upgrading to 3861 would irritate WIS collectors, so they brought their most iconic movement back from the dead. Very smart move from Omega.
whiteibex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2020, 10:44 PM   #84
H25B
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, SD43, OP31
Or, next, they actually do a Hesalite true 321 stainless Moonwatch priced about $8,000... Current 1861 gone..

Who knows, but I bet they’d do well going that route.
H25B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 12:48 AM   #85
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Speedmaster professional Hesalite discontinued??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteibex View Post
It appears it is no longer a rumour. Christmas is coming, isn't it?

You forgot one piece of the puzzle: they just re-introduced Calibre 321, which is your "limited production for those who care about historically correct". Think about it, this was all part of the plan. They knew that upgrading to 3861 would irritate WIS collectors, so they brought their most iconic movement back from the dead. Very smart move from Omega.

But they haven’t placed the 321 in a “historically correct” case (yet), right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 01:01 AM   #86
H25B
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, SD43, OP31
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post

Exactly what I was thinking, it would be a helluva way to justify a hefty price increase with enough demand to support it.
H25B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 01:40 AM   #87
whiteibex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
They have. This is what the new SS Calibre 321 "Ed White" is (ref 311.30.40.30.01.001). Same case as the original 105.003, 39.7mm straight and non-bevelled lugs. In other words, all models get upgraded with 3861, and this 321 SS becomes the "heritage" model.
whiteibex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 01:43 AM   #88
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteibex View Post
They have. This is what the new SS Calibre 321 "Ed White" is (ref 311.30.40.30.01.001). Same case as the original 105.003, 39.7mm straight and non-bevelled lugs. In other words, all models get upgraded with 3861, and this 321 SS becomes the "heritage" model.

I don’t consider the New ed white a historically accurate rendition given the sapphire crystal and case back and ceramic bezel.... many omega die-hards would agree w me I think.

JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 09:03 AM   #89
Arcticsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdwh View Post
Just because its still listed on their website does not mean its discontinued.

Its discontinued, to be re released with upgrades.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Is this one of those stupid "the more you learn the less you know" riddles?

Like everyone else says, it's still on the Omega website. Most likely the 1861 movement GOING to be replaced with the 3861. Most of the rumors pointing towards a January 2021 release. As of right now, all the proof points towards the movement not -at this very moment- being discontinued.
Old 30 November 2020, 09:07 AM   #90
Arcticsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkrypt View Post
I think he got it off a thread on Omega Forums.