The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 25 October 2020, 06:01 PM   #31
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEG View Post
No probs in the UK, deposit of £4K placed a week or two back with no previous history with my local Omega AD.
That’s the largest UK deposit I’ve heard of to date - congrats on getting the allocation.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2020, 08:26 PM   #32
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

I'll stick my neck out and say that for those that are patient, Omega will make enough for many to take delivery. The challenge will be managing the professional flippers / vultures looking to make a few bucks.

I think the non-committal "limited production" just means they're not a main line piece and they'll churn them out for a few years.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2020, 11:31 PM   #33
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
It will be interesting to see how Omega manages this.

The Snoopy Speedy has done wonders for Speedmaster line. There is an increased focus on the reference and it as essentially floated all the boats...

Now, does Omega show production restraint with this new reference and keep the supply below the demand or do they crank them out like CRAZY and they end up @ Jomashop for 30% off?
Indeed interesting. Feels like a turning point for me opportunity wise they can hold back production and come closer to the Rolex 'unobtainable' model which is something they've always strived I feel in terms of playing field position.
As someone else mentioned by making it non LE it means people are constantly walking in asking for the snoopy, adding to a 'list' and possibly checking out other pieces while there
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 12:05 AM   #34
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
Indeed interesting. Feels like a turning point for me opportunity wise they can hold back production and come closer to the Rolex 'unobtainable' model which is something they've always strived I feel in terms of playing field position.

As someone else mentioned by making it non LE it means people are constantly walking in asking for the snoopy, adding to a 'list' and possibly checking out other pieces while there
Bang on

That's what happened with Rolex. People would walk-in and can't get a Daytona then buy a GMT. People would walk in try and buy a GMT, can't and get a Submariner.....this trickled down all the way down to Explorers, Air Kings, DJ41s and now OPs.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 01:30 AM   #35
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The Snoopy Speedy has done wonders for Speedmaster line. There is an increased focus on the reference and it as essentially floated all the boats...

Now, does Omega show production restraint with this new reference and keep the supply below the demand or do they crank them out like CRAZY and they end up @ Jomashop for 30% off?
Consider that the waiting list for the reference is now 4-5 years in different countries.
The production is so limited that the highest allocation expected is max 20 watches for big OB in the first year.
Other OB will receive less, and large AD chains have very limited supply as well.
It’s very unlikely that this will go on Joma with a discount.
That can be only caused by poor Omega HQ strategy in production and distribution, or if a huge amount of the early buyers are actually flippers.
It might be... but it doesn’t look we are going in this direction.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 03:30 AM   #36
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
Consider that the waiting list for the reference is now 4-5 years in different countries.
The production is so limited that the highest allocation expected is max 20 watches for big OB in the first year.
Other OB will receive less, and large AD chains have very limited supply as well.
It’s very unlikely that this will go on Joma with a discount.
That can be only caused by poor Omega HQ strategy in production and distribution, or if a huge amount of the early buyers are actually flippers.
It might be... but it doesn’t look we are going in this direction.
The dreaded...."people really like these, let's make more"!!!

We shall see if Omega has their wits about them in regards to the market.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 03:32 AM   #37
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

There’s 0% chance Omega will mess it up where this ends up on Jomashop for 30% off. A standard moonwatch goes for 15% off on Jomashop, you think there’s even a remote possibility that Omegas hottest watch in the last decade is going to show up there for 30% off?

I completely agree that the snoopy floats all Speedmaster boats, and this is exactly what Omega will do.

The absolute worst Omega will do with Snoopy is they produce just a little more than demand and a very small handful starts to sit at the OBs or ADs, and I doubt even this will happen. And in the small chance it does, I don’t think they will even discount as they know their allocations will be limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 04:38 AM   #38
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
There’s 0% chance Omega will mess it up where this ends up on Jomashop for 30% off. A standard moonwatch goes for 15% off on Jomashop, you think there’s even a remote possibility that Omegas hottest watch in the last decade is going to show up there for 30% off?

I completely agree that the snoopy floats all Speedmaster boats, and this is exactly what Omega will do.

The absolute worst Omega will do with Snoopy is they produce just a little more than demand and a very small handful starts to sit at the OBs or ADs, and I doubt even this will happen. And in the small chance it does, I don’t think they will even discount as they know their allocations will be limited.

Except for the Speedmaster Apollo 17 40th. Those can still be found BNIB at OB’s. Nothing is lifting that boat.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 04:42 AM   #39
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Except for the Speedmaster Apollo 17 40th. Those can still be found BNIB at OB’s. Nothing is lifting that boat.
That was a pretty ugly boat :)

The Snoopy 50th is actually a pretty nice piece and visually appealing.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 05:20 AM   #40
CEG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
That’s the largest UK deposit I’ve heard of to date - congrats on getting the allocation.
Fingers crossed it turns up

CEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 06:01 AM   #41
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post

Lol yea. That is easily the ugliest watch omega has ever made.

Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 11:46 AM   #42
dnpina
Banned

Watch: 126610 LV
I like the caseback
dnpina is offline   Reply With Quote