The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9 September 2017, 04:28 PM   #1
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Pilot parallel calligraphy set incoming!

This is awesome! I put in for the set of 4 pens earlier this week from Goldspot and got them today. Each pen comes with a booklet giving instructions how to write in a few different styles of block lettering. I was constructing decent looking letters in minutes! The pens come with both a black and red refill along with a nib cleaner and a bulb to flush the pen. In the boxed set you get 1.5mm, 2.4mm, 3.8mm, and 6mm pens. The parallel nib is actually very smooth and will go from about an extra fine to XXmm as stated for the pen. Picked up the set for a hair under $25 and worth every penny! This is really fun! I've also seen instructions that if you touch the nibs of two pens together inked in different colors, you can write gradient letters until the opposing ink runs out of the parallel nib. The only oddity in my case is the 1.5mm pen box was open and had the refill installed. Also the whole refill was dried out. I've got an email out to Goldspot to find out what happened. Not a big deal as I plan to use a syringe to fill the refills back up but just really weird! I hope standard fountain pen inks will take advantage of the gradient effect as the pilot ink does. Seriously though, this is as much fun as I've had with pens in a long time! I would have to say my only complaint would be that the pen body is a very basic lightly metallic gray. It would be nice if the pens were more along the looks of a Lamy Joy. I suppose that would have driven up the cost though. Regardless, great pens these are for the job they're designed to do!

Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote