The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 2 November 2019, 09:18 PM   #1
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

1675 blueberry resources - help

Guys

Can you point me in the direction where I can learn in depth about the so called ‘blueberry’ please?
Old 3 November 2019, 12:18 AM   #2
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
It’s a watch made up of Rolex parts was never sold by Rolex

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
greekbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2019, 12:28 AM   #3
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekbum View Post
This. Look no further.
Old 3 November 2019, 03:03 AM   #4
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

One of the riskiest value propositions in vintage Rolex IMO.
Old 3 November 2019, 04:22 AM   #5
southtexas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Is the blueberry still a craze?

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2019, 05:31 AM   #6
1675-David
"TRF" Member

If it doesn’t have Tiffany on the dial and an all red hand I’m not interested..
1675-David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2019, 12:04 PM   #7
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was reading that it was a special order in the 70s direct from Rolex

Military such as the UAE forces special ordered them with the blue insert

From the little I managed to find out there were only very few fully original versions such as the above, but mostly they are made of a 1675 with a blue insert added separately

I wondered if there was anything published considered to be the definitive guide
Old 3 November 2019, 12:35 PM   #8
BigBlue1

Watch: it pal !
Im not sure how much is out there on them as I have never really researched them myself. I am sure if you reach out to either Lee Fowler or Springer , they would have some great knowledge in regards.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2019, 12:37 PM   #9
Gmt21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by In-Cog-Neeto View Post

From the little I managed to find out there were only very few fully original versions such as the above, but mostly they are made of a 1675 with a blue insert added separately

I wondered if there was anything published considered to be the definitive guide
You can go down a thousand rabbit holes researching this. My take away is that the blue insert was a service insert not made by rolex but available for a time. The GMT 1675 with all red hand and blueberry is a made up watch never available from Rolex per se.
Gmt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2019, 02:31 PM   #10
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexas View Post
Yes,The Asians love them along with a T38,Arabic Date Wheel and all Red GMT Hand.They pimp out their GMT’s big Time.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2019, 01:50 AM   #11
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

Hats off to Greekbum for saying it as it it

Quote:

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2019, 01:51 AM   #12
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

Or a radial dial.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1675-David View Post

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2019, 02:08 AM   #13
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:

I wondered if there was anything published considered to be the definitive
guide
What you read is pure fabrication. Pure fiction and the result of someone's imagination. Further, the "blueberry's" have been discussed many times here on TRF so if anyone is really interested, utilize the search function and you'll find previous threads on the fictional "blueberry."

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2019, 02:15 AM   #14
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
Im not sure how much is out there on them as I have never really researched them myself. I am sure if you reach out to either Lee Fowler or Springer , they would have some great knowledge in regards.

My opinion hasn't changed since the last "blueberry" thread. The watch is a fictional, cobbled-together GMT.

Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 4 November 2019, 03:31 AM   #15
1675-David
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swearengen View Post
Or a radial dial.........
1675-David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2019, 06:19 AM   #16
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexas View Post
Only on Blueberry Hill!!!

Old 4 November 2019, 06:53 AM   #17
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Unicorn
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2019, 12:02 PM   #18
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
What you read is pure fabrication. Pure fiction and the result of someone's imagination. Further, the "blueberry's" have been discussed many times here on TRF so if anyone is really interested, utilize the search function and you'll find previous threads on the fictional "blueberry."
Well, that is good to know. Such disinformation out there.

I know it’s been discussed before and did search but sometime discussion is as misleading so was looking for more reliable history

So reading the old threads, and some of the same folk who posted here also posted then, the blue insert is referred to as a ‘service’ insert. If Rolex did not sell these then why did they produce them?

Thank you
Old 4 November 2019, 01:14 PM   #19
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Well, that is good to know. Such disinformation out there.

I know it’s been discussed before and did search but sometime discussion is as misleading so was looking for more reliable history

So reading the old threads, and some of the same folk who posted here also posted then, the blue insert is referred to as a ‘service’ insert. If Rolex did not sell these then why did they produce them?

Thank you
Threads like these are funny ... I see them on all the forums. Someone wants to rehash old speculations about a particular variation. "Is this an original configuration?" "Was this a military issued watch?" "Is this a rare prototype?" Then when they don't get the answer they are looking for, they attempt to shift the burden of proof to the people who are rightfully skeptical.

The bottom line in my view is that without documentation/provenance, there is no difference between a put-together watch and a correct-but-undocumented watch, so questions like the above are moot. If you like the watch, and you are willing to take the risk of buying into a bubble that many experts are actively trying to pop, then go ahead. You don't need anyone's permission to spend $15k on a thin blue annulus of aluminum.
Old 4 November 2019, 02:42 PM   #20
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
...$15k on a thin blue annulus of aluminum.
Hilariously accurate.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2019, 02:53 PM   #21
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Threads like these are funny ... I see them on all the forums. Someone wants to rehash old speculations about a particular variation. "Is this an original configuration?" "Was this a military issued watch?" "Is this a rare prototype?" Then when they don't get the answer they are looking for, they attempt to shift the burden of proof to the people who are rightfully skeptical.

The bottom line in my view is that without documentation/provenance, there is no difference between a put-together watch and a correct-but-undocumented watch, so questions like the above are moot. If you like the watch, and you are willing to take the risk of buying into a bubble that many experts are actively trying to pop, then go ahead. You don't need anyone's permission to spend $15k on a thin blue annulus of aluminum.
You seem to have missed the point

I am trying to learn about them thus asking for input from more experience folk as I read an article and would like to ascertain it’s accuracy - perhaps other people on this thread would like to learn also

Nothing being rehashed, nobody trying to decide to purchase based on a forum discussion here, nobody looking for a specific answer

Read the posts before making inane - or rather moot - comments

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=513068

I guess it remains a mystery with no end in sight........
Old 4 November 2019, 09:18 PM   #22
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You seem to have missed the point

I am trying to learn about them thus asking for input from more experience folk as I read an article and would like to ascertain it’s accuracy - perhaps other people on this thread would like to learn also

Nothing being rehashed, nobody trying to decide to purchase based on a forum discussion here, nobody looking for a specific answer

Read the posts before making inane - or rather moot - comments

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=513068

I guess it remains a mystery with no end in sight........
No, I didn't miss the point. This post of yours confirms it and calling my comments "inane" doesn't help your argument. It's not a mystery, you just don't want to accept the answer you've been given. And yes, you are re-hashing a topic that has been beaten to death, as demonstrated by the thread you linked.
Old 4 November 2019, 09:24 PM   #23
BigBlue1

Watch: it pal !
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=633501

Here is another for Ya. The very rare Green Insert. LOL

Since Dan wants to re-hash up old threads.

Ill have eggs with the hash.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 01:34 AM   #24
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, I didn't miss the point. This post of yours confirms it and calling my comments "inane" doesn't help your argument. It's not a mystery, you just don't want to accept the answer you've been given. And yes, you are re-hashing a topic that has been beaten to death, as demonstrated by the thread you linked.
Yeah good on ya Dan

No one was having an argument until you showed up. Accepting an answer before understanding why is the sign of an idiot. If that’s how you go about things that’s up to you

What you need to realise is that something to one person can be new i.e, just came across it, while to others it’s old hat. That’s the definition of ‘experience’ and which is why I asked for advice from some more experienced people. For example, I just saw a pic of the blueberry posted by Lee, having never seen one before and found a little reading, I wanted to check the accuracy of what I read.

And on the thread I linked to, no one provided reason one way or the other as to why all blue service inserts were produced in the first place if they were never issued as a standard option. With your wisdom, can you answer that?

What a joker you are
Old 5 November 2019, 02:35 AM   #25
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Quote:
Yeah good on ya Dan

No one was having an argument until you showed up. Accepting an answer before understanding why is the sign of an idiot. If that’s how you go about things that’s up to you

What you need to realise is that something to one person can be new i.e, just came across it, while to others it’s old hat. That’s the definition of ‘experience’ and which is why I asked for advice from some more experienced people. For example, I just saw a pic of the blueberry posted by Lee, having never seen one before and found a little reading, I wanted to check the accuracy of what I read.

And on the thread I linked to, no one provided reason one way or the other as to why all blue service inserts were produced in the first place if they were never issued as a standard option. With your wisdom, can you answer that?

What a joker you are
Come on, now, let's not make it personal. We're taking about watches here. It ain't that big a deal.

So, getting back to the point ... it's generally accepted by folks who have been doing this for decades, that no GMTs originally left the Rolex factory with an all-blue bezel insert. There are many threads here and over on VRF about this.

Why Rolex might have later produced an all-blue service insert for GMTs is open to debate and speculation. As we all know, Rolex is quite secretive about why they do things.

That's pretty much all there is to this issue/question.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 06:00 AM   #26
uncleluck
"TRF" Member

Does anyone really know for sure?

I mean, let’s say I had info here from Rolex, official documents which could show the truth...

How many who say they were never a watch would bet their house on it?

Does the fact the inserts are Rolex parts not hint more to the fact there was a watch at some point? I can’t think of any manufacturer that sold different colour bezel inserts (that were never on watches) let alone Rolex, they’re the last manufacturer I’d imagine doing so.

I have no financial interest either way but the odd fact for me is people say they’re genuine inserts.

It’s more likely they’re fake inserts than genuine inserts never destined for a watch surely?
uncleluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 06:38 AM   #27
Paulie 50
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
My opinion hasn't changed since the last "blueberry" thread. The watch is a fictional, cobbled-together GMT.
I agree John; and I'll say now what I said then, there has never, ever been a photo of a " Blueberry " in any Rolex catalogue.
Paulie 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 12:54 PM   #28
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie 50 View Post
I agree John; and I'll say now what I said then, there has never, ever been a photo of a " Blueberry " in any Rolex catalogue.
Just to fuel this fire more then, and definitely not in an argumentative way in case there are any sensitive people out there

Has every single iteration of every single Rolex reference been in an official Rolex publication? All the various dial anomalies, colour configurations, logo dials, military orders and so on?
Old 8 November 2019, 10:43 PM   #29
tekno
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Snowflake
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1675-David View Post
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2019, 10:45 PM   #30
tekno
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Snowflake
Quote:

Remember, everything you read on the Internet isn’t always true. Especially if it’s off a guys site that is trying to sell very expensive rare watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tekno is offline   Reply With Quote