The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 30 January 2016, 01:22 PM   #61
goldfixer21
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I'm surprised the OP didn't contact David with concerns about the cyclops before starting this thread. With his reputation, I have no doubt this could have been rectified privately.
goldfixer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2016, 02:48 AM   #62
twoweeled
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjca View Post
I know David is legit and seems to always provide excellent customer service but I feel he should have contacted to purchaser to let him know and should have verified the watch prior to sending it out. Shocked to hear Rolex is having these QC issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I feel I've learned something very important. Even questioning the the legitimacy of some of the Trusted sellers, is akin to questioning Ronald Reagan at a televised GOP convention.
People tripping over themselves to defend the seller while conversely attacking the buyer, is very telling. Does anyone dare, even bring up the possibility certain trusted sellers may have been wrong? I think it's now obvious, virtually everything the buyer stated was true. I'm not sure how many of those who obviously doubted the buyer (who will probably rationalize it) would like to purchase a watch, which was not the one actually viewed in the picture. I'm thinking close to ZERO?
What some of us may not realize, is when we attack people who question the practice of certain dealers. It only serves to keep useful information hidden, for fear of attack. No doubt, we only know this because David came forth and confirmed what the buyer was trying to tell us all. Kudos to David.
But nevertheless, we only cut our own throats, when we cause others to stay quiet about possible problems.
twoweeled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2016, 08:03 AM   #63
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 1601,
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoweeled View Post
I feel I've learned something very important. Even questioning the the legitimacy of some of the Trusted sellers, is akin to questioning Ronald Reagan at a televised GOP convention.
People tripping over themselves to defend the seller while conversely attacking the buyer, is very telling. Does anyone dare, even bring up the possibility certain trusted sellers may have been wrong? I think it's now obvious, virtually everything the buyer stated was true. I'm not sure how many of those who obviously doubted the buyer (who will probably rationalize it) would like to purchase a watch, which was not the one actually viewed in the picture. I'm thinking close to ZERO?
What some of us may not realize, is when we attack people who question the practice of certain dealers. It only serves to keep useful information hidden, for fear of attack. No doubt, we only know this because David came forth and confirmed what the buyer was trying to tell us all. Kudos to David.
But nevertheless, we only cut our own throats, when we cause others to stay quiet about possible problems.
Disclaimer: love TRF and purchased 2 watches from here

Agreed with you, as a fairly new member here this forum serves as a online store/livelihood for many members and the family protects them at some points to a fault. I've read quite a number of posts in my time here that you get lambasted if you do not agree with a trusted seller or someone with +8,000 posts. In this case it worked out and the OP was made right by David, and mistakes happen, but I think we need to always give posters with less than accredited status the benefit of the doubt rather than presumption of guilt. We are all fine watch enthusiasts with varying levels of expertise, and should respect everyone's right to post, whether it to question a trusted seller or a newbie questioning the legitimacy of a craigslist canal street special that grandpa had in his bottom drawer for 40 years.

Ok ready to get blasted...
Fjweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2016, 04:56 PM   #64
mcjca
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub, BB GMT
Quote:

Very well said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mcjca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2016, 07:03 PM   #65
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
errāre hūmānum est.
artschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2016, 01:07 AM   #66
UncleSwiss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjweld View Post
Disclaimer: love TRF and purchased 2 watches from here

Agreed with you, as a fairly new member here this forum serves as a online store/livelihood for many members and the family protects them at some points to a fault. I've read quite a number of posts in my time here that you get lambasted if you do not agree with a trusted seller or someone with +8,000 posts. In this case it worked out and the OP was made right by David, and mistakes happen, but I think we need to always give posters with less than accredited status the benefit of the doubt rather than presumption of guilt. We are all fine watch enthusiasts with varying levels of expertise, and should respect everyone's right to post, whether it to question a trusted seller or a newbie questioning the legitimacy of a craigslist canal street special that grandpa had in his bottom drawer for 40 years.

Ok ready to get blasted...
No one agrees? No surprise here
UncleSwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2016, 11:41 AM   #67
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Unfortunately, that's the nature of Internet forums and communities. The herd mentality often prevails. The important thing is that this issue was fully examined and discussed by moderators, and the issue was settled to the buyer's satisfaction.

No seller is above questioning, and more than one trusted seller has gone bad in the past. Members may jump on the overly enthusiastic defense bandwagon, but no member, however new or however low their post count, will ever get a hard time from TRF admin or moderators for questioning any seller if they feel that they have a genuine issue or grievance.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2016, 03:14 PM   #68
dera
"TRF" Member

People often forget, that the greatness of this forum comes from its members new and old, and the moderators. Not the grey market dealers this forum turned into millionaires.
dera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2016, 01:33 PM   #69
Puffin
"TRF" Member

[IMG][/IMG]

No idea if this will actually pop up as a picture, but the magnification looks great and David quickly rectified the problem. I have received the warranty card and everything appears to be in order. Thank you to the mods for your assistance and to everyone else for taking your time to look over this with me. David has truly shown professionalism in rectifying the problem, and I think it stands testament to his character as a seller. I never meant this to be a slight of any kind to anyone, rather it being my first purchase online I was just looking for a reference point on something that seemed out of the ordinary. Cheers to David as someone who stands behind his products.
Puffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2016, 05:31 PM   #70
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Great to hear it all is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 February 2016, 07:43 PM   #71
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Watch looks great. Glad it all got sorted and you're happy with it.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2016, 07:43 AM   #72
Daryl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

cheers to you and also to David.

Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2016, 11:07 AM   #73
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Watch: AKA: ANDERL712000
Quick and painless solving of the problem, what we all like to see!

Hans Wilsdorf, Rolex founder
AbsolutelyROLEX! is offline   Reply With Quote