The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 3 February 2016, 05:46 AM   #1
kdvu
"TRF" Member

16610t nos

Hi Guys and Gals

I found a new old stock 2006 sub from a pawn shop , the guy from pawn shop saids he's guaranteed the watch is authentic also came with Box and warranty card , the watch still in plastic bag . This watch does not have laser etching or engrave inside rehaul , early 2006 model.
He saids that it was sitting in bankcruptcy courthouse for almost 10yrs , he was fortunate enough to get a few from that court . Did not goes into any further info from there . He'sasking $ 5500.00 out the door for the watch.

What do your guys think about this deal ?

Any inputs / advise would be greatly appreciated.

KV
kdvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2016, 05:51 AM   #2
jbenjamin1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many
Woah that would be a great find! Can you send pics?

2006 should be a late Z serial model if it has the then new style green warranty card.
jbenjamin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2016, 05:51 AM   #3
ViperB
2024 Pledge Member

If it's fully sticker then it's an awesome deal.
ViperB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2016, 05:53 AM   #4
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Price is good. Would have to see pics of the boxes and papers.
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2016, 06:19 AM   #5
Speed
"TRF" Member

16610t nos

Not sure what you mean when you say "still in plastic bag"

Rolex watches don't come in a plastic bag.

The Pawn shop source makes me nervous.

Check the classified section here on TRF and see what a watch with that serial number in great shape is going for.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2016, 06:20 AM   #6
kdvu
"TRF" Member

I have not purchase the watch , since i am not a watch expert , how to tell if this baby is a real Rolex NOS or a real Chinese knock off claim to be a NOS since its in pawn shop , and if it's a true sub 16610 NOS , is it a good deal ?
Old 3 February 2016, 07:00 AM   #7
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Not sure what you mean when you say "still in plastic bag"

Rolex watches don't come in a plastic bag.

The Pawn shop source makes me nervous.

Check the classified section here on TRF and see what a watch with that serial number in great shape is going for.
This....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2016, 07:34 AM   #8
Speed
"TRF" Member

16610t nos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdvu View Post
I have not purchase the watch , since i am not a watch expert , how to tell if this baby is a real Rolex NOS or a real Chinese knock off claim to be a NOS since its in pawn shop , and if it's a true sub 16610 NOS , is it a good deal ?

The way to tell its real is to have a watch expert look at it. Perhaps a Rolex Service Center or an Authorized Dealer. However, these folks may not want to take that on.

A true new old stock 16610 could go for that price + a couple grand from what I've seen - I assume all stickers are on the watch and all tags, original warranty paper etc. come with it?

Something smells fishy here...
Old 3 February 2016, 07:53 AM   #9
occb2
Banned

Watch: Submariner 16610
I have to chime in here. At work I had to go to pawn shops all the time and check their logs and compare them to our known burglars list. They know exactly if it is real or not. They are not in business to loose money. Now they will sell it to you even knowing it is fake. They are slime. Do what the members here say. Go to a trusted dealer here. There is no such thing as a "GOOD" deal from a pawn shop.
occb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2016, 07:54 AM   #10
nick c
Banned

Let's see some pics please
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2016, 08:04 AM   #11
kdvu
"TRF" Member

just to clear things up, I called the guy at pawn shop again and asked a few more questions . He says that the watch did not comes with plastic bag , but when they shipped it to him they put the watch inside the plastic bag for protection. I asked him to check for box and warranty card and make sure that they're all there and maybe the No. on the watch would match the No. on the watch before I make a purchase , and he said that when they shipped the watch to him , the watch did not have box or card , but he has Rolex Box for the watch, and if I decide to purchase, I'll have 1 year written warranty from his store , and a written warranty that his Rolex is authentic . if it's not than he will pay a $ 1000.00 if someone prove it's not an authentic Rolex.
now I am kinda leery about this deal.........but the guy seems to be very confident that his Rolex is an authentic.
Old 3 February 2016, 08:07 AM   #12
occb2
Banned

Good luck collecting your money back let alone another $1000 after you buy it. Please buy from a trusted dealer here or go to a Auth Rolex dealer. Why won't he send you pics? Have his jeweler remove the rear of the watch and take a pic with todays date of the 3135 in it. They are slime and trust your gut.
Old 3 February 2016, 08:12 AM   #13
kdvu
"TRF" Member

This is his post on local paper .

NEW OLD STOCK! EXTREMELY RARE OPPORTUNITY! 2006 NO HOLE CASE Rolex submariners with date stainless steel model #16610T Watches are absolutely new! We Purchased 4 of these absolutely new never worn 2006 Z serial number submariner's from a jewelry store that has been in bankruptcy court for the last 10 years and have just now been able to release some of their watches. Sounds too good to be true you say? Don't take our word for it come by and see them before they are all gone! We guarantee them to be 100% new and 100% authentic or we will pay you $1000! YES $1000 dollars! Believe us now? This is no joke! Each watch comes with a 1 year warranty/guarantee! . $5500 out the door! That price includes tax!. Trades welcome! No shipping! No exceptions! Call or come by today at League City Gold and Diamond in league city. we have four NEW Z model submariners in stock! Thanks

He has some pics but I cannot copy and paste on here.
Old 3 February 2016, 08:13 AM   #14
Speed
"TRF" Member

16610t nos

How do the pics look?

Don't like the sound of that listing...
Old 3 February 2016, 08:20 AM   #15
occb2
Banned

I don't know if he will allow you to do this but I would do a pre purchase inspection. Of course you will have to pay for this. Have him send it to a authorized Rolex dealer and have their watch maker inspect it. They will charge you. Its not an inspection but more of an appraisal. I did that when I put my watches on my home insurance. They gave me a great letter on each watch with the retail value and so on.

I think that is to much work and money when again. Here we have trusted dealers that have impeccable records.
Old 3 February 2016, 08:27 AM   #16
Speed
"TRF" Member

16610t nos

Hmm.

"Don't take our word for it" that the deal is too good to be true??? But take their word for it that they will pay you $1,000 if they're not real?

Run - don't walk - away.
Old 3 February 2016, 09:05 AM   #17
kdvu
"TRF" Member

I asked him for a pre purchase inspection, and he declined . has to be pay in full and get inspection after transaction is completed .
pics attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00W0W_3fXl8GJxfeP_50x50c[1].jpg (1.3 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg 00a0a_clgBKlgMa7Q_600x450[1].jpg (15.8 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg 00c0c_aJsBOWHjQrA_600x450[1].jpg (14.7 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg 00C0C_axKNvJTSTGe_600x450[1].jpg (11.7 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg 00U0U_bPWx6Io2lar_50x50c[1].jpg (1.0 KB, 225 views)
Old 3 February 2016, 09:12 AM   #18
Speed
"TRF" Member

16610t nos

The pics are not very clear...why aren't the stickers still on the watch - if it's unworn?

Any with the caseback off?

At any rate...too many conditions placed by this guy.

If you have a lot of time-might be fun to take an expert with you to look at them...
Old 3 February 2016, 10:57 AM   #19
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Comparing that watch case to my 16613, those crown guards look suspect.
OP, try to post better pics of watch, bracelet, clasp before you pull the trigger.
Personally I see some red flags, but need better detailed pics.

OP, I don't like the listing. Sounds like a crooked used car salesman.
Pass on this watch and find one from a reputable seller here on the forum. You will be guaranteed the watch is genuine without doubts. Remember if it sounds too good to be true, well it is.
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2016, 01:50 PM   #20
gbcecil
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 118238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublover2166 View Post
Comparing that watch case to my 16613, those crown guards look suspect.
OP, try to post better pics of watch, bracelet, clasp before you pull the trigger.
Personally I see some red flags, but need better detailed pics.

OP, I don't like the listing. Sounds like a crooked used car salesman.
Pass on this watch and find one from a reputable seller here on the forum. You will be guaranteed the watch is genuine without doubts. Remember if it sounds too good to be true, well it is.
The crown itself looks off. This model is one of the more common fakes out there. I would certainly want to see the movement to verify it is a 3135, however you will need to water test afterwards especially if you plan on diving. Also see if it has the wet-suit extension under the clasp.

I'm not 100% sure Rolex put the green sticker on that model, maybe but none of my archived photos have it.
Old 3 February 2016, 01:57 PM   #21
Mosbrook
"TRF" Member

Magnification is low.
Mosbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2016, 02:55 PM   #22
dera
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbrook View Post
Magnification is low.
That unfortunately hasn't meant anything in years, apart from how Rolex's QC has gone downhill a lot...
dera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2016, 01:17 PM   #23
back
"TRF" Member

No expert on watches. But buy and sell a lot of merchandise. Run..don't walk away from this slimeball. Just the "reward" if fake tells so much. No chance of getting that if fake. And he says by this he will never accept it is fake. If it is fake,,,he will 100% tell you that since it left his possession,,,,he can not prove you did not change parts or tamper with it...ect. YUP...that is the line you will get! Now the 100% proof is that he will not let it be inspected. This is a big ticket item. Any reasonable person would be willing to meet at a AD if on your dime to complete this deal if he feels you are a serious buyer. He may even think it is real but not be 100% sure...it may even be real. But unless it can be proven genuine BEFORE you pay...NOPE. It is at best a $5k crap shoot. He will just wait for the right sucker to come in the door since he is selling a fake, or not 100% sure its real. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. I can not even believe the OP is even still considering this.
back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2016, 01:34 PM   #24
Dashimmy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Google "TC16610" and compare.
Dashimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2016, 03:58 PM   #25
Mnicolini300
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 LV
I know the seller of these watches. He runs a store in league city and offered these watches to me as well. I wholesale watches in the Texas area and can say none of them have papers just watch and I believe there are no plastic pieces on the watch. None the less he is a nice guy and I don't think you will have a problem. Quick field test is to take the crown and go clockwise on the crown and if the hands go clockwise that's a good start but if they go counter clockwise expect to find an ETA and email TC and let him know you found 4 of his subs haha. On a side note I have come across more frankens in Houston then anywhere else. Most my trips in Houston end up empty cause of the frankens so buyer be ware and be smart.
Mnicolini300 is offline   Reply With Quote