The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 24 March 2018, 03:41 AM   #151
HAL330
Banned

Watch: xyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
I always enjoy when people who know nothing about hip hop discuss its merits or its reflection of the culture. If only some group would write a hit song about being boujee.
All I need to to know is the musical aspect sucks... I can see the lyrical part working for some, but it doesn't do anything for me.. Moreover, I don't mind the heightened attention they bring to PP, so long as they quit abusing the watches with powdered sugar.
HAL330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 06:21 AM   #152
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL330 View Post
All I need to to know is the musical aspect sucks... I can see the lyrical part working for some, but it doesn't do anything for me.. Moreover, I don't mind the heightened attention they bring to PP, so long as they quit abusing the watches with powdered sugar.
Which rappers specifically do you think of when you say the musical aspect sucks? What genres of popular music do you find interesting or well done at the moment?
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 06:27 AM   #153
soundserious
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRolexKingofLV View Post
The clubs here in Vegas in the last year are filled with iced out Pateks...
What percentage would you guess are real?
Old 24 March 2018, 06:34 AM   #154
HAL330
Banned

Quote:
Which rappers specifically do you think of when you say the musical aspect sucks? What genres of popular music do you find interesting or well done at the moment?
I like everything from Bach to Rush.. Favorite bands are The Who, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd.... newer bands like STP, Foo Fighters, etc.. Also love the 70's Soul music like Earth Wind and Fire, Chic, etc.. Motown.. just about all types of music played thru normal acoustic based instruments.. whether amplified or not. Most modern music, and Rap especially are all loops, synth, computer generated and completely low talent for my taste..
Old 24 March 2018, 06:42 AM   #155
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL330 View Post
I like everything from Bach to Rush.. Favorite bands are The Who, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd.... newer bands like STP, Foo Fighters, etc.. Also love the 70's Soul music like Earth Wind and Fire, Chic, etc.. Motown.. just about all types of music played thru normal acoustic based instruments.. whether amplified or not. Most modern music, and Rap especially are all loops, synth, computer generated and completely low talent for my taste..
Yeah there’s admittedly a lot of bad rap, as there is in any genre. But, with such varied musical taste, I think you might be overlooking some really interesting, creative artists.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 11:15 AM   #156
HAL330
Banned

Quote:
Yeah there’s admittedly a lot of bad rap, as there is in any genre. But, with such varied musical taste, I think you might be overlooking some really interesting, creative artists.
PM me a recommendation... always open to changing my mind.. btw, I respect that it's an art and that its got a lot of fans.. it's just the destruction of PP watches that has me up in arms! ;)