The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 24 March 2018, 08:41 AM   #31
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
That is &@@$in gorgeous!
Old 24 March 2018, 01:08 PM   #32
kneedeep
"TRF" Member

My only question is why they keep pushing that style of bracelet. Otherwise the watch is lovely IMO.
Old 24 March 2018, 02:21 PM   #33
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

This bracelet and the jubilee on the new Pepsi everyone is going nuts for both come off as very feminine to me.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 05:57 PM   #34
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Jaw-dropping piece. As soon as I stop staring at that dial I get lost in that bracelet. Amazing.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 05:25 AM   #35
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
This bracelet and the jubilee on the new Pepsi everyone is going nuts for both come off as very feminine to me.

Then it would be perfect for the girl on the left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 05:44 AM   #36
fbx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post

I bet you we’ll see one of these diamond encrusted a month after they’re released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 09:31 AM   #37
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Well, he’ll certainly know how it looks on his wrist long before you know how it looks on yours.
Old 25 March 2018, 09:37 AM   #38
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, he’ll certainly know how it looks on his wrist long before you know how it looks on yours.
The only thing certain about that is that you’re making an assumption based on nothing but ignorance.
Old 25 March 2018, 09:46 AM   #39
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The only thing certain about that is that you’re making an assumption based on nothing but ignorance.
I mean, you’re online calling someone more successful and influential feminine despite the fact I’m guessing he can outrun, outlift, out jump and out fight you, so I think it’s a safe assumption.

Keep mocking rappers though. You’re your granddad making fun of Elvis.
Old 25 March 2018, 10:02 AM   #40
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I mean, you’re online calling someone more successful and influential feminine despite the fact I’m guessing he can outrun, outlift, out jump and out fight you, so I think it’s a safe assumption.

Keep mocking rappers though. You’re your granddad making fun of Elvis.
I’m 63 years old. So he probably can outrun, out jump, etc. but like I said in response to another one of your posts, so what?

Why do you have such a stake in people agreeing with you about rappers and hip hop? I state my opinion, I don’t care if you agree or not, you previously posted some hip hop lyrics that I mocked and you’ve been following me around looking for payback ever since. Now you respond with a personal attack because I didn’t just go away.
Old 25 March 2018, 11:10 AM   #41
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
I don’t like the PP bracelet, it’s at 90% like the Breitling bracelet, not my style, I was really wanting, without much hope of success, a 5131P, but when I saw it was on bracelet it made me think again.
The openings in the bracelet for adjusting is interesting though, don’t remember seeing that on any other watch.
For me there are 2 great novelties, the Nautilus QP, and the 5270P, love the salmon dial, both are amazingly awesome, but really not a fan of this one.
But at least this thread made me know the meaning of cheeky :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 12:15 AM   #42
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
"cheeky" means brash or impertinent. I thought it meant pudgy until I looked it up.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 01:24 AM   #43
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
"cheeky" means brash or impertinent. I thought it meant pudgy until I looked it up.
I used it as a lighter way of saying sly.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 01:38 AM   #44
martinr
"TRF" Member

Definition of cheeky

cheekier; cheekiest
informal
: boldly rude, impudent, or disrespectful in usually a playful or appealing way a cheeky grin
… old-timers who still look like they could deck you if you get too cheeky. —Shaun Assael
— cheekily play \-kə-lē\ adverb
— cheekiness play \-kē-nəs\ noun

From Merriam-Webster
Old 26 March 2018, 01:42 AM   #45
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I used it as a lighter way of saying sly.
hence the term cheeky monkey...silly, impudent, or mischievous

7 years now and im fluent in British English... it takes that long.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 02:01 AM   #46
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

I checked out the PP website and could see where they say the bracelet cannot be taken off, although why would you want to anyway. My assumption is the correctors on the bracelet are simply extensions which reach the correctors on the watch. With the bracelet off, the watch could be set directly by the correctors on the watch. To do otherwise would mean PP changed the correctors on the watch itself and knowing PP they would not do that just to add a bracelet to the watch. The new design is in the bracelet not the watch is my take on it. So put your straps on.
Old 26 March 2018, 03:03 AM   #47
jopek
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, IWC , Rolex
Indeed it is an absolutely stunning looking piece. Im mesmerised at first glance. In my humble opinion it is way too classy to call Bling but I agree that you need a certain skin tone and dress sense to pull that off. Cant wait for the "Wrist Shots..... "
jopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 04:58 AM   #48
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m 63 years old. So he probably can outrun, out jump, etc. but like I said in response to another one of your posts, so what?

Why do you have such a stake in people agreeing with you about rappers and hip hop? I state my opinion, I don’t care if you agree or not, you previously posted some hip hop lyrics that I mocked and you’ve been following me around looking for payback ever since. Now you respond with a personal attack because I didn’t just go away.
Following you around? You and others keep bringing this point up about the rappers. And you started this by quoting my post in order to make a sexist comment. So who is following whom?

My real problem is the protectionism that people are displaying about this brand when it comes to rappers, and since you’re 63, let me be frank and say that it has racist overtones to people who might not know you. I’m not calling anyone racist, but you realize that the reason rappers like Migos rap about and wear modified Pateks is because it is a thumb in the eye to people who want to enforce oppressive socioeconomic norms on them. So, if it bothers you that much, ask yourself why. Either way, you’re displeasure is noted, please stop bringing it up.
Old 26 March 2018, 05:02 AM   #49
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

This went from not liking modern "hip hop" (hence not loving them flaunting our favorite watches in their lyrics) to racism/sexism claims...I think there comes a point when one should understand they're going too far. Let's get more pictures and get back on track.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 05:07 AM   #50
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
because it is a thumb in the eye to people who want to enforce oppressive socioeconomic norms on them.
you just described perfectly why i enjoy my non modified 5524G so much
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 05:15 AM   #51
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Following you around? You and others keep bringing this point up about the rappers. And you started this by quoting my post in order to make a sexist comment. So who is following whom?

My real problem is the protectionism that people are displaying about this brand when it comes to rappers, and since you’re 63, let me be frank and say that it has racist overtones to people who might not know you. I’m not calling anyone racist, but you realize that the reason rappers like Migos rap about and wear modified Pateks is because it is a thumb in the eye to people who want to enforce oppressive socioeconomic norms on them. So, if it bothers you that much, ask yourself why. Either way, you’re displeasure is noted, please stop bringing it up.
Find a post I made about being protectionist about Patek. You won’t be able to and I don’t care what people do with their watches, they can take a sledgehammer to them for all I care. You are so full of it Marciano490 it’s almost beyond comprehension. Accusations of racism, I’m an oppressor etc. all based on nothing but your own insecurities because I have some reasons for not liking hip hop. Funny thing is that picture of Migos was a picture I took of my TV when I was watching Migos perform on SNL and the song which was partly in Spanish was one I actually liked. And for your information I’m a saxophone player, used to play in Cecil Taylor’s Black Music Ensemble back in the seventies. Been listening to and playing blues and jazz for fifty years. The problem with guys like you is that while you may have a valid point to make you use such a broad brush and speak from ignorance so you usually aren’t taken seriously unless you’re preaching to the choir. Have a nice day.
Old 26 March 2018, 08:11 AM   #52
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
I don’t have problems with rappers wearing Pateks, but must say when you see Kardashians and the likes, and social media junkies, wearing them, then yes I do tend to be annoyed by that, oh the good old days when these types of people knew only Rolex when it came to showing off, at the same time if my Nautiluses cost so much on the grey market it is also in a big part because, or thanks, to them, even if I am not selling it is always nice to know that something you got for 25 can be sold for almost double...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 09:56 AM   #53
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
I don’t have problems with rappers wearing Pateks, but must say when you see Kardashians and the likes, and social media junkies, wearing them, then yes I do tend to be annoyed by that, oh the good old days when these types of people knew only Rolex when it came to showing off, at the same time if my Nautiluses cost so much on the grey market it is also in a big part because, or thanks, to them, even if I am not selling it is always nice to know that something you got for 25 can be sold for almost double...
No need for offense, its all about selling watches and the people who can afford them will buy them. For the most part, people in the know, have moved on to wearable devices a long time ago.