The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 September 2020, 09:03 AM   #31
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Undeclared incoming?

If it gets mentioned in this thread, it no longer counts as “undeclared”

kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 09:08 AM   #32
Johnny Crystal
"TRF" Member

I enjoy seeing watches in real life and not the Rolex website. I’m happy for others and since no one uses their real name it’s not bragging
Johnny Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 09:09 AM   #33
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Yes a 116518LN YG Daytona Oyster Flex w/black dial. You have to post a PM.
I agree! I tried to post congrats on every single incoming… Don’t know how I missed this one. Big congrats, love that one!
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 09:17 AM   #34
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I got a lot new stuff this year and really only post pictures when its of interest in a thread.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 09:26 AM   #35
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. Today I ordered an Apple Watch 6 cellular edition. Figured you guys wouldn’t care to here about an Apple Watch. I’m psyched though. I will wear it on one wrist and a mechanical watch on the other.
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 09:29 AM   #36
-dustin

I just grabbed a blue SkyD a couple weeks ago. We know what they look like, so no need to post it.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 09:42 AM   #37
mmalek1
"TRF" Member

Watch: This one.
I occasionally do because I want to share the excitement I have with others that have a similar appreciation for watch collecting.
♛16610LV, ♛116710BLNR, ♛214270, ♛116610LN, ♛216570, ♛116900, ♛16600, ♛116400GV, ΩSpeedmaster Silver Snoopy 45th and 50th, ΩSpeedmaster ST1, ΩCK859, Seiko Alpinist SPB089, Casio Oceanus S100, Ball DM1020
mmalek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 10:52 AM   #38
Tommy Smokeshow
"TRF" Member

me actually i was able to pick up a 126600 43 from an AD last tuesday but didnt bother to post just letting my mom enjoy the watch first then ill wear it after she gets bored this happens all the time when i get a new watch she likes expensive shinny things :)
Tommy Smokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 11:01 AM   #39
sunnygps
2024 Pledge Member

My last 2 watches bought in August and September, respectively were not posted by me. I usually do and for some reason, I never got to it.
sunnygps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 11:15 AM   #40
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
I just grabbed a blue SkyD a couple weeks ago. We know what they look like, so no need to post it.
Oh man you should post that. It’s exceptional.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 11:17 AM   #41
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Pictures of watches, any watches will never get boring to me. I’d love to see everyone’s. They always look different on different people.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 11:21 AM   #42
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
I like the incoming threads. Do I care that you bought a new watch? No not really. But I like looking at your photos.
Old 22 September 2020, 11:33 AM   #43
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Pics or it didnt happen.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 11:35 AM   #44
FHFinster
"TRF" Member

Got the new sub on Saturday, didn’t do an incoming post. I did post in a couple of threads, but as normal course not announcement.

I do however love seeing incoming posts. I feel genuine happiness for the new owners.

So you’re not alone brother.

Fin
FHFinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 12:12 PM   #45
Brian Page
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
Just curious, has anyone got a new watch and not bothered to post about it? I ask because I think it might just have happened to me.. and I don't feel the need to post pics or tell the internet about it. This is not meant to be sarcastic, so don't read it that way.. just curious if it's just me being weird or do you also keep or have you kept any incomings to yourself?
I don't post incomings anymore. It would have to be something really weird to warrant such a thing.
Brian Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 12:14 PM   #46
ROlesorusLEX
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 Digit
Since July, a new CHNR, a new Yachtmaster, a new Navy Tudor BB58.

But I would personally feel a bit awkward posting an incoming. I'd hate to seem showy, even if this is an enthusiast forum. . .

The CHNR was a double birthday incoming with my son, who received a Flik Flak in blue and green, so that was good fun.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
ROlesorusLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 12:15 PM   #47
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Crystal View Post
I enjoy seeing watches in real life and not the Rolex website. I’m happy for others and since no one uses their real name it’s not bragging
No one uses their real name?!
Old 22 September 2020, 12:27 PM   #48
SUPERDOC
"TRF" Member

I think you're suffering a bit of selection bias...

We're a forum for enthusiasts..

In our real life worlds, we are fully aware of the fact that nobody could possibly care less about our watches.. so this is a magical land of (mostly) like minded individuals who enjoy the camaraderie and can provide an understanding and encouraging response...

It's all in good fun - none of us (I hope) go around doing the same thing in our personal lives ..

to answer the question, the answer is yes.. many of us quietly obtain and don't post, but often we do... but, I sense an element of resentment in the question (possibly complete projection on my part), so I just want to say that I suspect that many of us do it not to show off, or elicit congratulations, but because we just want to share our passion, some very meaningful and deep friendships have been developed from this site..

A connection with someone who I consider one of my most dear friends in the world (although he lives a continent away) was developed from posting a watch that he also has in his collection, it started the initial DM, and almost 9 years later we connect weekly ..
Old 22 September 2020, 12:47 PM   #49
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Crystal View Post

So your name is not Johnny Crystal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
♛ Milgauss 116400GV ♛ Deepsea D-Blue 116660 ♛ Submariner 114060 ♛ Submariner 116613LN ♛ Exp. II black 216570 ♛ Exp. II white 226570 ♛ Sky Dweller white 326933 ♛ Sky Dweller Blue 326934 ♛ GMT II 116710 black ♛ GMT II 126710BLRO ♛ GMT II 126711CHNR ♛ GMT II 126710BLNR ♛ Daytona 116509 ♛ DD40 228238 H HUBLOT BIG BANG e ceramic C CHANEL J12 3125 AP 3120 MVT
BumbleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 01:17 PM   #50
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDOC View Post
I think you're suffering a bit of selection bias...

We're a forum for enthusiasts..

In our real life worlds, we are fully aware of the fact that nobody could possibly care less about our watches.. so this is a magical land of (mostly) like minded individuals who enjoy the camaraderie and can provide an understanding and encouraging response...

It's all in good fun - none of us (I hope) go around doing the same thing in our personal lives ..

to answer the question, the answer is yes.. many of us quietly obtain and don't post, but often we do... but, I sense an element of resentment in the question (possibly complete projection on my part), so I just want to say that I suspect that many of us do it not to show off, or elicit congratulations, but because we just want to share our passion, some very meaningful and deep friendships have been developed from this site..

A connection with someone who I consider one of my most dear friends in the world (although he lives a continent away) was developed from posting a watch that he also has in his collection, it started the initial DM, and almost 9 years later we connect weekly ..

I agree.

I’m not going to call my friends or extended family to announce everytime I get a new watch, only one or two friends who are collectors themselves i will i form if I get something I think they might appreciate.

So the forum is a perfect place to share our excitement and enthusiasm about a new addition to the collection with fellow enthusiasts from around the world, without bothering people that don’t share our excitement...

♛ Milgauss 116400GV ♛ Deepsea D-Blue 116660 ♛ Submariner 114060 ♛ Submariner 116613LN ♛ Exp. II black 216570 ♛ Exp. II white 226570 ♛ Sky Dweller white 326933 ♛ Sky Dweller Blue 326934 ♛ GMT II 116710 black ♛ GMT II 126710BLRO ♛ GMT II 126711CHNR ♛ GMT II 126710BLNR ♛ Daytona 116509 ♛ DD40 228238 H HUBLOT BIG BANG e ceramic C CHANEL J12 3125 AP 3120 MVT
BumbleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 08:49 PM   #51
walds11
"TRF" Member

I agree. I am not one to flaunt stuff. There are many TRF members (and people all over the internet) that love to do this. To each is own.
Old 22 September 2020, 08:52 PM   #52
Taylorgold
Banned

Quote:
Just curious, has anyone got a new watch and not bothered to post about it? I ask because I think it might just have happened to me.. and I don't feel the need to post pics or tell the internet about it. This is not meant to be sarcastic, so don't read it that way.. just curious if it's just me being weird or do you also keep or have you kept any incomings to yourself?
Yes a lot of people buy watches without posting, this year i have bought some new watches but didn't post, but i feel it's also cool to share when you have something new.
Taylorgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 09:25 PM   #53
JParm

Watch: Yes!
Posts like this are funny to me.

You're on a watch forum, so why create a post about not posting an incoming?

Either share the fruits or your labor...or don't and just read along. Personally, I like to think of this as a forum of friends - thus why I share watches, vacation pics and other interests.
Old 22 September 2020, 10:20 PM   #54
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
I would never post a picture of a new car or new watch on Facebook (the only social media account I even have) as I think it would be obnoxious and braggy. But I did post my only new watch of the last 35 years on here, albeit anonymously except for the three or four folks who know who I really am.

If I bought a watch every month, I doubt I would post them all.
If you’re finally in a position to buy a Platona (or any watch at that $ range or above), you deserve to post it. As in my opinion, it’s almost somewhat of a life accomplishment type purchase IMO. Let people celebrate with you
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 11:16 PM   #55
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
But you just did...
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2020, 01:07 AM   #56
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

I never post my new acquisitions, because I don't want the cops at my door.
Old 23 September 2020, 01:40 AM   #57
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
But you just did...
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2020, 01:52 AM   #58
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richris1 View Post
I agree! I tried to post congrats on every single incoming… Don’t know how I missed this one. Big congrats, love that one!
Ah! So this is how you get to 15000 posts in 5 years. I enjoy looking at incomings of course, but I don’t usually reply..

Last time I posted an incoming was a couple years ago.

I posted a pic of one of my watches recently and got a shock: I received a PM from a guy saying ‘nice house’ and ‘some free advice buddy, turn your gps coordinates (geotags?) off on your iPhone, just as well I’m not a burglar’.
This experience also contributed to my not posting pics as much as I may like too anymore. You just don’t know who is looking at them ?
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2020, 01:59 AM   #59
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
Posts like this are funny to me.

You're on a watch forum, so why create a post about not posting an incoming?

Either share the fruits or your labor...or don't and just read along. Personally, I like to think of this as a forum of friends - thus why I share watches, vacation pics and other interests.
Couldn’t have said it may better my friend

Incomings are one of my favourite topics on this forum. Often, the OP has an interesting story about why the watch is significant to them or what have you. I’m genuinely excited when I see a someone finally land a reference they’ve been after.

To each their own I guess
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2020, 02:04 AM   #60
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
Ah! So this is how you get to 15000 posts in 5 years. I enjoy looking at incomings of course, but I don’t usually reply..

Last time I posted an incoming was a couple years ago.

I posted a pic of one of my watches recently and got a shock: I received a PM from a guy saying ‘nice house’ and ‘some free advice buddy, turn your gps coordinates (geotags?) off on your iPhone, just as well I’m not a burglar’.
This experience also contributed to my not posting pics as much as I may like too anymore. You just don’t know who is looking at them ?

Wow that’s interesting! Yeah… I usually don’t post an incoming here unless it’s something rare or special. (Look for one soon though )
I just like to post a congratulations on the incomings as I know they’re excited, and I think it’s pretty cool for them

rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote