The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 13 April 2022, 12:20 PM   #61
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
I’m getting a 5205G on Saturday from Kerns and I know they just got a shipment - buddy bought an ellipse.

Owner says obviously that they are keeping PP for now but who knows?!?!?

Haven’t talked to CH Premier in a while since they blew me off lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats! That 5205G is a beauty.

Hopefully both will be able to retain their AD status but shocked about Shreve. If Shreve isn't safe, then I'd imagine CH & Kern are both walking on pins and needles to retain...
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2022, 12:39 PM   #62
Coolcamden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m getting a 5205G on Saturday from Kerns and I know they just got a shipment - buddy bought an ellipse.

Wow! I’ve been on the hunt for the 5205. Congrats.
Coolcamden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2022, 01:32 PM   #63
newonos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fxyik View Post
If this can happen to Shreve, this can happen to any AD. Building AD relationship seems meaningless now, especially if you just started. I definitely won’t do it anymore, not anytime soon anyway.

Gotta think critically about this. In CA? There was Shreve, but then CH at xyz locations, then a slew of other Santa [insert here] AD's... so in that case, where PP is ubiquitous, yeah, shedding an AD or two is NBD. But that isn't reason to think the probability is high elsewhere. Seattle has one AD, and the other ADs are in YVR and no AD in PDX. Then nary an AD til MN to the east and SF to the south. I'd think about any AD's history, # of other nearby ADs, and geographic location, and the locality's socia-econ makeup before judging it's longterm viability as an AD.
newonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2022, 01:36 PM   #64
newonos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ1925 View Post
Congrats! That 5205G is a beauty.

Hopefully both will be able to retain their AD status but shocked about Shreve. If Shreve isn't safe, then I'd imagine CH & Kern are both walking on pins and needles to retain...
...or feeling better with one more competitor gone.
newonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2022, 10:29 AM   #65
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newonos View Post
...or feeling better with one more competitor gone.
If they're making a boutique right there no way they're feeling better....
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2022, 10:31 AM   #66
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
Quote:

very nice ! congrats
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2022, 07:23 PM   #67
MrMoFoMeLLy
"TRF" Member

Wow! I had just established a relationship with Shreve and hoped to work my way towards at Patek. Very bummed!
MrMoFoMeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 02:23 AM   #68
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoFoMeLLy View Post
Wow! I had just established a relationship with Shreve and hoped to work my way towards at Patek. Very bummed!

Sorry man. I feel you. Thankfully I only bought watches I really liked anyway and didn’t buy anything strategic …

I did get the sense that since I’m only really interested in Rolex now at Shreve I’m no longer going to get much love. My sense is that they will continue to use Rolex as a reward system for customers that purchase other stuff that I have no interest in tbh.

dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 02:29 AM   #69
MrMoFoMeLLy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry man. I feel you. Thankfully I only bought watches I really liked anyway and didn’t buy anything strategic …

I did get the sense that since I’m only really interested in Rolex now at Shreve I’m no longer going to get much love. My sense is that they will continue to use Rolex as a reward system for customers that purchase other stuff that I have no interest in tbh.

Yeah, I bought an ALS 1815 Annual Calendar. It was a watch I really wanted so not a big deal.

I also recently stopped by Fourtane in Carmel and felt the SA was very helpful and kind. Hopefully that pays off in the future.
MrMoFoMeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 09:48 AM   #70
SBC1986
"TRF" Member

Patek has to go direct soon. This AD game is getting silly. The good ADs seems to get the boot and the bad ones seem to expand!

Also Patek and Rolex should know their customers. if you walk into a shop with a serious collection you might be a good Rolex customer but you are not a good customer of that shop and get treated as such.
SBC1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 09:52 AM   #71
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC1986 View Post
Patek has to go direct soon. This AD game is getting silly. The good ADs seems to get the boot and the bad ones seem to expand!

Also Patek and Rolex should know their customers. if you walk into a shop with a serious collection you might be a good Rolex customer but you are not a good customer of that shop and get treated as such.

If Patek or Rolex go direct, expect zero watches for the average joe, and for secondary prices to double where they are now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 10:51 AM   #72
rawrence
"TRF" Member

Am I missing something? I still see Patek on the Shreve website. https://shreve.com/timepieces/patek-philippe
rawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 12:25 PM   #73
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrence View Post
Am I missing something? I still see Patek on the Shreve website. https://shreve.com/timepieces/patek-philippe

Maybe it’s all a big scam so nobody calls them anymore ;) maybe it will take a while until it’s official. Patek website doesn’t show them anymore though …

Old 15 April 2022, 01:22 PM   #74
Qngo516
Banned

Shreve in San Francisco/ Palo Alto lost Patek status

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrence View Post

Shreve is Kanye
Patek is Kim

Lemme introduce y’all to MY wife.
Kim??? you here?
Qngo516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 01:41 PM   #75
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

If Patek wants to go the AP route, then all ADs will eventually be converted to Salon.

But that seems unlikely, and I doubt Kern will be on the chopping block since it is the only authorized service center for Patek in the US outside of New York.

If Patek wants to “move” ADs to different regions across the country by cutting the number of ADs in the Bay Area from 4 to say 3, Sheeve might actually makes more sense than others since it’s a Bay Area centric store. CH is part of the Chong Hing group in SoCal, so they might get to keep their AD status because of its broader affiliation.

Anyhow, who knows what Patek wants to do.
Old 15 April 2022, 02:02 PM   #76
OpenSix
"TRF" Member

I also wonder how much having 2 of Patek’s direct competitors in the same store played in the decision. The SF store has VC and Lange and I can’t imagine Patek would be happy letting those two other brands share the same space
OpenSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 02:16 PM   #77
justcruisin
"TRF" Member

CH has Lange in their SJ store and VC in their PA store. No separate Patek salon…

Fourtane is the only one with the separate Patek salon
justcruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 05:25 PM   #78
IBDOC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcruisin View Post
CH has Lange in their SJ store and VC in their PA store. No separate Patek salon…

Fourtane is the only one with the separate Patek salon
Monobrand 3rd party PP stores are not Salons. Tiffany NYC and the two China Mainland ”Maisons” could be regarded as something akin to Salons but otherwise it’s just Geneva, London and Paris.
IBDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 11:54 PM   #79
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

It would be hard to believe Patek will open their own Salon in SF. Patek only has 3 Salons in Geneva, London and Paris that are Patek owned. As someone mentioned, the other Patek monobrand stores are owned and managed by a local watch/jewelry store.

TS has said repeatedly he doesn't want to cut off the ADs as they know their local clients and market the best. Some ADs lose their Patek license and others are added. We as outsiders do not know why, although people can speculate as to why. I am sure Patek insiders know the reason if anyone has connections to Patek NYC (aka HSWA).
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 12:48 AM   #80
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Patek will stick with ADs. And won't go solely boutique/salon model.
Thierry Stern is committed to ADs..
Old 18 April 2022, 12:45 AM   #81
Todd Turbo S
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP, Rolex, PAM
Just read this thread, I am very surprised. Such a long history with Patek. Shreve is one of my ADs I have a long and solid relationship with.
Todd Turbo S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2022, 07:00 AM   #82
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

Shreve in San Francisco/ Palo Alto lost Patek status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Turbo S View Post
Just read this thread, I am very surprised. Such a long history with Patek. Shreve is one of my ADs I have a long and solid relationship with.

I believe second longest history to Tiffany…

Apheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2022, 07:25 AM   #83
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSix View Post
I also wonder how much having 2 of Patek’s direct competitors in the same store played in the decision. The SF store has VC and Lange and I can’t imagine Patek would be happy letting those two other brands share the same space

Wonder how long VC and Lange ADs can last too. My Lange AD is expecting to lose their dealership in 2023. As for VC, ADs don’t have access to desirable pieces like 222 or the TSO. Even blue dial Overseas are boutique only. I cannot see how and why anyone would go to a Lange or VC AD nowadays. Unless buying a few fifty six can get you a Daytona. Even Datograph is now a rare sight at ADs after it switched to the pre-sell model.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2022, 06:52 AM   #84
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble michael View Post
Finally after years , I was able to buy a 5711R and a 5990 from my AD which I was very thankful for. Then PP pulled the rug out from under them and ALL their loyal customers. PP apparently could care less . Very sad. Now I have tried for over 2 years to get on any Ad’s list with Patek but not a chance and I own 8 Pateks. Love the timepiece but very disappointed in the company. Sad indeed ! Humble Michael in San Antonio Tx
I do wonder how this consolidation improves the brand. I just lost my Rolex AD a 40 plus year old AD, they had lost PP AD a year earlier. How do you go about establishing a new AD relationship. I went to another AD and got the “you will need to buy some jewelry to start”. My wife probably has $100k in diamonds and gold bracelets, but in our early sixties she is probably full up. I wonder how many clients they are alienating by this strategy.
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2022, 09:40 AM   #85
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
I do wonder how this consolidation improves the brand. I just lost my Rolex AD a 40 plus year old AD, they had lost PP AD a year earlier. How do you go about establishing a new AD relationship. I went to another AD and got the “you will need to buy some jewelry to start”. My wife probably has $100k in diamonds and gold bracelets, but in our early sixties she is probably full up. I wonder how many clients they are alienating by this strategy.

Is there really nothing that can be done by contacting Geneva directly ? Hard to believe that they don’t care about long term customers with substantial purchase history - maybe they don’t idk but hard to believe …

Old 19 April 2022, 09:48 AM   #86
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
One thing is for sure, long term customers are being tossed aside for the new generation.
Interesting strategy considering mechanical watches fell out of favor some time ago, and only saw a resurgence recently. I would say they are being very shortsighted
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2022, 01:45 PM   #87
Coolcamden
"TRF" Member

In 2018, 1/8 of ALL Rap songs had a mention of Patek Philippe in them. A Whole New World of Playa’s.����*♂️��
Coolcamden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2022, 02:57 PM   #88
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolcamden View Post
In 2018, 1/8 of ALL Rap songs had a mention of Patek Philippe in them. A Whole New World of Playa’s.����*♂️��
for that, now let me go and get my hammer.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2022, 11:45 PM   #89
puckybadger
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO/Rolex Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
Time to go Grey. The good ones will roll out the red carpet for you, make you feel appreciated, and you will have what you want w/o playing games.
puckybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2022, 01:54 AM   #90
llngoc
"TRF" Member

I was at Shreve SF yesterday. They now have a huge “hole” at where the Patek display area was. The display cases and all the related decor are all removed.

In fact, there is nothing much in the store for most of the more interesting brands like Rolex (actually a few sports models with exhibit only sign), VC and Lange. Their display case is practically empty.

If I am a new customer looking for a piece, I would feel really put off and wonder if I should just buy online.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote