The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 5 April 2008, 02:03 PM   #1
applebook
"TRF" Member

Allam Hemery: Conned me out of $4,000 (PLEASE READ)

I know that this is not the correct forum for this, but I'm hoping for an exception because I have serious reason to suspect that this person, "Allam Hemery," is in the process of conning a lot more people, especially those who buy and sell on TZ.

This is the message that I've sent to TZ's sales corner moderator:

"Hello, Joel,

a few days ago, I was conned by this thief:

allamhemery@yahoo.com
> > > > > > Name: ALLAM L. HEMERY
> > > > > > Address: RUA PANDIA CALOGERAS, 272
> > > > > > City: PORTO ALEGRE
> > > > > > State: RS
> > > > > > Zipcode: 89010450
> > > > > > Country: BRAZIL
> > > > > > Amount: 3688 usd

He responded to my WTB ad for a Rolex GMT and provided half a dozen seemingly sound references, which I checked out. I then sent him $4,000. Last night I encountered several of names that he gave to me as references and discovered that those individuals had never heard of him. "Allam Hemery" faked all of the replies. His IP is 201.62.217.102 --which traces his ISP to Montevideo in Mexico.

The main reason why I'm reporting this to you is because I believe strongly that he intends to con Timezone members again and may be in the process of doing so right now. He is offering to sell more watches to me.

He is very quick in his replies and knows watches. In fact, when I posted a second WTB ad because the transaction with him was not going smoothly, he even threatened to report me to Timezone. The strangest thing about this thief is that he has not disappeared after receiving my money. He is likely trying to rip me off again. We had agreed to UPS 2nd day shipping, but he claims that there would be high taxes, so he used 8-9 day Priority shipping from the Brazilian post office. Of course, the tracking number that he finally gave to me is invalid. Because he is still replying to my e-mails and does not know that I am certain that I have been conned, he is probably trying to rip off other Timezone posters.

Best regards - Derek"

----

I will provide a full e-mail transcript to anyone who is interested in reading it. Never again will I trust an unknown seller who does not provide references with phone numbers and. In fact, this experience has turned me off buying online ever again.
Old 5 April 2008, 02:05 PM   #2
applebook
"TRF" Member

His IP address is static: 201.62.217.102
Old 5 April 2008, 02:07 PM   #3
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
Thanks for the heads-up! It is people like you that allows us to be aware of the one's to avoid.
Old 5 April 2008, 02:15 PM   #4
jasonbellevue
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear that applebook, all the best to you. Thanks for the heads up. I think Roadcarver had a similar bad experience when he thought he was dealing with an honest fellow WIS.
Old 5 April 2008, 02:28 PM   #5
Attila

Watch: GMT/Explorer/Sptfr
Forgive me if I have misinterpreted your original post, but wouldn't you check the references before committing to the sale?
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2008, 02:30 PM   #6
applebook
"TRF" Member

Yes, I did check the references. He had set up fake addresses and had replied to them himself. On one of the e-mails, the reply included a phone number. Last night, I called up the real person from Italy, and he has never heard of him.
Old 5 April 2008, 02:32 PM   #7
hienpham04
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex President
That's terrible, sorry dude.
hienpham04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2008, 02:36 PM   #8
Attila

Watch: GMT/Explorer/Sptfr
Quote:
Originally Posted by applebook View Post
Yes, I did check the references. He had set up fake addresses and had replied to them himself. On one of the e-mails, the reply included a phone number. Last night, I called up the real person from Italy, and he has never heard of him.
Thanks, I thought I may have misinterpreted it.

Sorry to hear and I hope you can resolve this quickly.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2008, 02:47 PM   #9
applebook
"TRF" Member

Attila, you read correctly. I did a poor job of explaining. The original e-mail post isn't very clear.
Old 5 April 2008, 02:52 PM   #10
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
You mean he setup several email addresses of alleged references and he mis-represented himself as those references in those emails? I presume those "references" are members of TZ whom you would only know from their handles in TZ (and not their email addresses). So when you actually contacted those "references" in TZ through TZ's mechanism these "references" didn't know what you're talking about?

BTW, his ip of 201.62.217.121 resolves to bhe201062217102.res-com.wayinternet.com.br, this is a Brazil address, not Mexico.
2careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2008, 03:15 PM   #11
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Call the cops in his country.
astcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2008, 03:17 PM   #12
timetravel125
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Derek, sorry to hear about your being ripped off by internet thugs. I did see your WTB first here in Rolex Forum and then in TZ. I haven't logged on in TZ for a while but saw your WTB. You were looking a GMT II, wasn't it?

Words to live by: "For every loss there is gain; and, for every gain, there is loss."

Thanks for the heads up.

Louie
timetravel125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2008, 03:35 PM   #13
Wolfgang427
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2careless View Post
You mean he setup several email addresses of alleged references and he mis-represented himself as those references in those emails? I presume those "references" are members of TZ whom you would only know from their handles in TZ (and not their email addresses). So when you actually contacted those "references" in TZ through TZ's mechanism these "references" didn't know what you're talking about?

BTW, his ip of 201.62.217.121 resolves to bhe201062217102.res-com.wayinternet.com.br, this is a Brazil address, not Mexico.
What he and most con-artist do is give references with a good posters email, but they always add a different number or letter to the original good reference to divert the emails to them(the con-artist). Always double check references to avoid these thiefs. Sorry for your lose.
Wolfgang427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2008, 03:49 PM   #14
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
Sorry to hear that you've been a victim of a scam. I would do the following:

1. File recol.ca report
2. Register at watchnet.com and go to dealwatch and post your dealings there
3. Report to your local Vancouver PD

Be wary of scam artists who also do legit trades as they can use their dealings as references. Don't fall victim to references that are using webmails such as yahoo, gmail etc. I know that emotions gets the best of us with this sick hobby of ours, but we must try to be logical. After my scam incident, I've been much careful to the point of dealing only with TZ users that I've dealt with before.

Sometimes even having the phone number of the seller (I've spoken with low life Steve Francouer, the ass that I've conned me) and I thought that was enough.

Be careful out there.
Old 5 April 2008, 03:57 PM   #15
Atlas
"TRF" Member

Watch: My future Cermit
I can't believe I got banned from TZ and this looser is still on there trying to rip off people. TZ kinda sucks!
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2008, 04:44 PM   #16
Orchi
Banned

Quote:
Err buddy Applebook...sorry to hear of your misfortune...

If Orchi may ask...which GMT were you intending to buy from him?
Did you see the pics of the watch?

Perhaps you would want to consider posting a pic of the watch here...so as to warn others of the GMT that he uses as his "Tool of Trade"...so to speak...
Orchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2008, 05:23 PM   #17
applebook
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

These are the pics that he sent to me:

I do not actually know the references that he gave to me --rather, I've heard of those names. Emilio Bertolini is an Italian dealer I was looking to buy a watch from some months ago, and he was listed as a reference. Of course, the reply was fake. I got suspicious only the next day when he claimed that he couldn't use UPS. Then I called Emilio and found out the devastating truth.

I'm usually more careful than this. This time I was careless and got burned.

One of my first courses of action is to try and obtain a subpoena to force his country's authorities, as well as his ISP to cooperate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (36.8 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (48.5 KB, 304 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (51.1 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (42.4 KB, 301 views)
Old 6 April 2008, 03:54 AM   #18
Orchi
Banned

Err buddy Applebook...TQ for sharing those pics of the "Tool of Trade" of that...err...ahem...@#$&^$%*&$(%)+&^###@@%^[O++K]
Orchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2008, 06:31 AM   #19
stevemulholland3
Banned

Watch: 1680 18k sub
there are scumbags everywhere just looking to rip someone off.I wouldnt give up on internet trading all-together,you just need to be more careful.you said yourself that you just got careless.
hope you ca at least get the authorities involved.let us know what they say.
cheers
stevemulholland3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2008, 06:44 AM   #20
Markg
"TRF" Member

Watch: R
Quote:

One of my first courses of action is to try and obtain a subpoena to force his country's authorities, as well as his ISP to cooperate.
get the police involved, and let THEM subpoena the records. they do this all the time, and the isp's are used to dealing with them. depending on where you live, they may have a high tech crime unit; if so deal with them.

make sure you file a report both in your country and his, but initially let your country's police get the subpoena, find out who he is, where he lives etc., so you can then file a police report with all the data in his country. then they can issue a warrant and charge him (hopefully) with grand theft or equivalent.

depending on where the isp is etc. you may need to do more; most countries need a local subpoaena, but again, your police have likely done this before and can help you.

good luck.
Markg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2008, 02:42 PM   #21
sherwin
"TRF" Member

nice watch in the pics, no idea if you will ever see it tho. sad to hear. give him the maximum s**t you can from your side, and maybe just maybe he may do something about it
sherwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 07:23 AM   #22
applebook
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the info, Mark. Just for amusement a bit of a laugh, this loser actually kept replying to my e-mails even after cashing out. Here's what transpired after I had paid him:

"Hi Derek

The watch is on it's way to Canada =) I went to UPS and they've mentioned that i couldn't avoid VAT extra charges for it through worldwide express 2 days delivery service using the same way i've suggested in the previous email. So i sent it through Priority Airmail, and declared as we both agreed, also added the 2nd receipt. They said the estimate date to Canada is 8-9 business days!!

Please keep me posted once you received and let me know everything's ok. And after this deal i want to ask you if it's possible to use your name, email and phone # as a new reference in Canada?! If you don't want i can use only name and email!

Thanks alot for the deal and the smooth transaction!! if you need any reference for your next deals you can suggest me as one!! =)

By the way, are you looking for any other watch? Let me know i have some great Audemars (ROO Arnold Sw., ROO Theme), Patek (nautilus), Rolex (4 diff. models), Omega (Speedmaster Broad Arrow, Seamaster) and Breitlings right here.

Regards,

Allam Hemery"

Notice that the jerk didn't leave a tracking number? This was when I was 90% sure he was a fraud. After I confirmed that he was a loser, I e-mailed him this:

"I'm very interested in buying a Speedmaster Broad Arrow. I want the white dial model, but the black is fine if it's all you have. Please let me know the price, but I want to have it shipped faster this time, using UPS 2nd day. I can pay the duties.

Best regards - Derek"

The moron then told me that the Speedmaster was on hold. That he kept replying and playing his sociopathic game really made me suspect that he was conning other people. He sent me the following scans of the Speedmaster:

"Hi Derek, I called the post office and they said that package will leave the town on monday, when will travel from Sao Paulo to Canada. I'll call the post office everyday to check it's status and keep you posted. About the Speedmaster Broad Arrow, there's another buyer willing to purchase it today so i'll have to wait for his reply cos' he's very interested in the watch. My Speedmaster is the model Ref. 3551.20.00 with Cream dial, blue hands, SS, Co-Axial (3303), i purchased new in 2003, and is in 95% rating. Comes with all the papers and boxes. Pictures sent! Is an amazing watch. Asking $2100 USD.

Regards,

Allam Hemery"

When I finally confessed that I knew what he was doing, he even threatened to cancel our transaction and refund my money!

" How are you enjoying my money? What I don't understand is why you continue to humor me. Most cons like yourself disappear after receiving the money. You already have my money, so why pretend to have sent the package? Do you think that I'm completely stupid and would send you more money? Is that your sole motivation for keeping up this farce? Why do you need 8-9 days? Are you planning on reaping in a lot more money in that timespan?

I will do whatever it takes to find you. Your name likely isn't "Allam Hemery." You might not even be in Brazil, as your IP puts you in Montevideo, Mexico. An accomplice with fake IDs probably cashed in my money. I'm filing a court order subpoena to have Moneygram release all of the information that "Allam Hemery" provided when he stole my money. From there, I will work with whoever at Timezone and other websites is willing to help me, along with my federal police.

See you in court one day. Perhaps you'll be behind bars or dead before then. Either way, I'll be content.

Hope you're satisfied having ripped off someone who is a student and was looking for a graduation gift to himself."

---

"Hey, what's the problem with you???? Please explain this last message i received cos' i am really worried!! I sent your watch and i need your explaination about this!!! ASAP"

"I'll be online waiting for your reply and i hope you sent this message to the wrong person, cos' i am not in Mexico and i sent you my real name in turst this deal would work out!!! If you don't reply i'll call the local post office to retrieve my package and re-send your money* back on monday, trust me: i don't need your money!!!!! And thanks for wasting my time for nothinG!!!!"

Of course, that was the last time that I ever heard from him. Perhaps he's fleeing the country now. I hope that he runs into the hole of a 9mm.

This is a rough lesson to learn, but I will look at this way: I haven't lost $4K. Instead of cringing every time I find myself wanting something but realizing that I can't afford it but COULD have if I hadn't tossed away the $4 Gs, I'll just tell myself that I lost a watch and will never be so foolish again.

What ticks me off the most about this whole disaster is that the TZ sales corner moderator not only does not give a crap about the integrity and safety of his website, he doesn't even have the courtesy to reply to my e-mail warning him about this charlatan. Way to enforce your rules regarding your grading system and trying to prevent scams, TZ.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (60.0 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (67.0 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (69.3 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (66.3 KB, 130 views)
Old 7 April 2008, 07:38 AM   #23
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

This is a real upsetting read.

Good advice has already been offered. Another member was shafted in recent weeks but had a satisfactory outcome, though it was from a seller within driving distance.

You are certain to receive sympathy and support from the other members, it is that sort of forum.

Any prospective wise asses considering to give their 2c, be warned.
Old 7 April 2008, 09:38 AM   #24
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
The only thing i can say that would contradict popular belief is that i live in the UK and have purchased watches from the USA (similar scenario to you) before and have often discussed sending the item as to try and avoid import duties etc. And they did arrive. I dont think this will happen in your case but it is possible!

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 09:52 AM   #25
applebook
"TRF" Member

Toph, I've been buying and selling watches internationally since 1999 and had never had a problem until now. Most of my purchases and sales have been from the States and via TZ. Over the years, I think that I've become complacent and too trusting because most of my deals have gone smoothly. I won't rule out buying internationally again, but the seller better be very well known, and I will never be dumb and rash enough to use a con-artist service like Moneygram. No legitimate seller would ever demand that you pay with Western Union or Moneygram. I thought that Moneygram was safer but was wrong. One the first rules that I always followed in the past was never to use anything other than wire transfer or Paypal and always to require at least a home phone number. However, this time I was impetuous. The day before agreeing to buy the watch from the thief, I was set to purchase one from a seller in California, but the seller backed out of the deal and decided to keep his GMT. I had my heart set on that one and didn't have my head screwed on straight for the following.
Old 7 April 2008, 09:55 AM   #26
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
Yeah you are probably right, i didn't realise you used moneygram. I will only use paypal or i would use direct transfer to a reputable seller. Im sorry for your loss but i will still have my fingers crossed until next week

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 10:38 AM   #27
stevemulholland3
Banned

Watch: 1680 18k sub
I feel really bad for you partner,I too have been ripped off once.that is why I continue to try and bring these scammers to light by reporting them and/or use whatever means possible to enlighten people.I hope at least this guy gets what he has coming.
stevemulholland3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 11:23 AM   #28
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
I am so sorry for your loss. I hate thieves with a passion. I like people and want this world to be a trusting place. Unfortunately it is not and there are a percentage of people that believe it is O.K. to thieve from others. Probably believing the rationalization that people deserve to get taken and they live for the con.

I hope you catch up with him and he gets what is coming to him. I believe in Karma though. He will get his in this lifetime or the next.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Terry Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 11:33 AM   #29
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Hi Derek, I'm very sorry for your loss, hope you can get this resolved in a positive way.
Really feel for you as I have been conned before by thieves, and that's why I use my username everywhere, just to remind myself ...
Best wishes,
Kai
2careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2008, 01:24 AM   #30
dkpw
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 & 214270
Quote:
Thanks for the info, Mark. Just for amusement a bit of a laugh, this loser actually kept replying to my e-mails even after cashing out. Here's what transpired after I had paid him:...

When I finally confessed that I knew what he was doing, he even threatened to cancel our transaction and refund my money!

---

"Hey, what's the problem with you???? Please explain this last message i received cos' i am really worried!! I sent your watch and i need your explaination about this!!! ASAP"

"I'll be online waiting for your reply and i hope you sent this message to the wrong person, cos' i am not in Mexico and i sent you my real name in turst this deal would work out!!! If you don't reply i'll call the local post office to retrieve my package and re-send your money* back on monday, trust me: i don't need your money!!!!! And thanks for wasting my time for nothinG!!!!"
This *********'s true character comes to the fore in the last sentence. Your tale made my blood boil. I'm sorry he did this to you.

Unlike Terry, I don't believe in karma. I do believe in prosecution and prison time for fraudsters like "Allam Hemery." I hope he gets both.

David
dkpw is offline   Reply With Quote