The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 11 December 2014, 01:09 AM   #1
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Daytona
www.watchfinder.co.uk - Poor Service, Dubious Tactics??

I bought a WG Daytona from here 2 days ago for nearly £16000. This was a 2014 Model. It arrived with 2 of the links missing. They refused to send me the links without paying £250 each for them. I returned the watch for a refund.
I actually tried to buy this off a friend (watch dealer) but he'd already traded it to watchfinder (that's how I ended up buying it from them). My friend ALLEGED that ALL of the links were present when it was traded in to Watchfinder!!
Could they deliberately be taking links from precious metal watches and hoping the client doesn't need them?? Who knows but I've posted this incase you're dealing with them, ask every question and be 100% sure it's complete!!

Have a look at this thread for the full story:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=384088
GolfPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2014, 01:26 AM   #2
gocsan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 116610LV
Quite shocking. There are tons of good reviews here https://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/...chfinder.co.uk. I now have second thoughts about how genuine are all these reviews are. From your experience it pretty much sounds like if you don't ask all the questions then they'll screw you over.

For every bad review given on that site, there is always a response given by Watchfinder. Perhaps you should post what you've stated above and let's see how they explain themselves.
gocsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2014, 02:29 AM   #3
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
please let the forum members know how watchfinder conduct themselves regarding your refund.
Old 11 December 2014, 05:33 AM   #4
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Daytona
Had an email from 'WorldPay' saying the refund has been processed, just have to wait for the funds to hit my bank account.
GolfPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2014, 06:51 AM   #5
Evad3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m/216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfPunk View Post
Had an email from 'WorldPay' saying the refund has been processed, just have to wait for the funds to hit my bank account.
Lets hope it all goes smooth and you can start hunting for another!
Evad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2014, 10:34 AM   #6
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy gold..
Sad to hear.. Hope you get your funds asap.

Best,
Dino

www.thewatchguyofficial.co.uk

Got a GREEN Submariner 116610LV.. Visit the official thread here! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=179580

Don't forget to visit the Rolex & Attire thread too! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=215077
thewatchguy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2015, 09:41 PM   #7
redimp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega PO Ti
Watchfinder questionable

I purchased a 6mth old SubC from Watchfinder, after finalising payment I noticed in the pics advertising the watch that there was black deposit in some of the bezel engravings. I raised the issue with Watchfinder who agreed it shouldn't be there to be informed by two people at Watchfinder the watch would be cleaned prior to dispatch. On receiving the watch I found it hadn't been cleaned fully and sent the attached photo's to Watchfinder. They advised I returned it to them using Royal Mail Special Delivery opting for max £2500 insurance and my house insurance would cover the rest. I highlighted to them that most house insurances don't cover high value/high risk items in the post and suggested they should underwrite the full value of the watch in the post as I'd be returning it due to a fault of theirs. They declined this suggestion I then suggested they cover the cost of me getting it professionally cleaned which they also declined, They are insistent I send it back to them under insured though their terms and conditions that faulty watches are returned fully insured.

As I'm getting nowhere with Watchfinder I've decided to keep the watch and get it cleaned at my expense which is extremely annoying.

My advice is to give Watchfinder a wide birth, if you do decide to buy from them try to confirm the watch will arrive in the condition advertised and if you do have to return it make sure your house insurance will cover the uninsured sum, I suspect it won't.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-06-04 13.00.52.jpg (48.4 KB, 705 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-06-04 13.01.12.jpg (57.1 KB, 703 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-06-04 13.01.17.jpg (60.9 KB, 708 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-06-04 13.02.22.jpg (61.8 KB, 705 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-06-04 13.02.07.jpg (55.1 KB, 704 views)
redimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2015, 05:00 AM   #8
Furbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Not that I am defending them, but you can clean it in 5 minutes using old tootbrush.
Furbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2015, 05:07 AM   #9
tommy91
"TRF" Member

I also had bad experience with them. I was part exchanging a watch for another I gave them all details before I sent my watch to them they confirmed price if condition met what I described. I had to pay to send the watch to them and they received and told me the condition was better than I said however the person I spoke to gave too higher figure and they wanted to knock £200 off the value due to one of their employees value. I said forget it send it back to me and I am not buying any watch from you. They were quite rude aswel.
tommy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2015, 02:58 AM   #10
ARTISAN
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
I have brought 2 watches from them bnib and everything was good...........I always like to view before I buy...............
ARTISAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2015, 05:18 PM   #11
redimp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbo View Post
Not that I am defending them, but you can clean it in 5 minutes using old tootbrush.
What with just water could I damage the platinum layer.
Old 7 June 2015, 05:30 PM   #12
redimp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTISAN View Post
I have brought 2 watches from them bnib and everything was good...........I always like to view before I buy...............
Other than not being supplied BNIB what else can really go wrong with buying new, all kinds of things can go wrong with used depending who you buy from. I agree with view before buy, if you can't get to the retailer then get some decent photo's sent. In my case the 6mth old SubC I purchased arrived in as new condition but with the crap in the bezel engravings which I saw and Watchfinder promised to clean out but didn't
Old 7 June 2015, 11:54 PM   #13
Furbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by redimp View Post
I (and many other forum members here) clean our watches this way, just use some hand soap and soft brush. How else would one keep it clean?

Found some instructions online: http://timerocks.com/watch_care.cfm

No need to send it back, you'll have to do it yourself sooner than later.
Furbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 08:21 PM   #14
bokbok
"TRF" Member

Watchfinder give you all the links if you buy unworn but the precious metals you after purchase the extra links. They do not sell them with full bracelets links, the blag is they do not get all the links when purchasing the watch.

I bet they kick you if not all links in bracelet when selling to them !!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
bokbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 11:07 PM   #15
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
I too bought my Daytona from them
It had a serious fault, and I was returning back to Spain
They put maximum effort into a fast repair and personal return to me,
I found their sales people pretty useless, but their technical and customer service exceptional.
NO complaint
adam
Old 1 March 2018, 05:28 AM   #16
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbo View Post
I (and many other forum members here) clean our watches this way, just use some hand soap and soft brush. How else would one keep it clean?
+1

A soft-bristle toothbrush, warm water, and some dish-washing liquid will get it looking like new in no time.
Good to do so routinely, to remove all the dirt/grime that acts as an abrasive, which accelerates wear (especially in/on the bracelet).
freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2018, 08:03 AM   #17
MrTito
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, JLC Deep Sea
I’ve bought and sold a few times with watchfinder and they’ve always been great. I have always finalised face to face never via post - if you’re spending/making at least a couple of grand surely you should invest the time and money in viewing? The only negative is that when you ask for a price to sell one of your watches you have to tell them what you are looking for - you HAVE to aim high or they’ll take advantage. But what do you expect, they’re there to make money!

Otherwise I think they’re pretty damn good - but we’re ‘better’ before they started expanding so rapidly.

I guess it’s all down to your individual experience.
MrTito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2018, 02:42 PM   #18
Tysonoxide
Banned

Watch: 116520
Quote:
Originally Posted by redimp View Post
I used a bamboo toothpick on my bezel, took me 3 minutes to clean the gunk off.
Tysonoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2018, 01:51 AM   #19
MikeConnolly
"TRF" Member

Trusted dealer

I've bought a few watches from a guy called Mark Worthington who is based in Wilmslow, Cheshire near Manchester. Mark has a retail shop & also a great website. All the watches offered on his website are owned by him & are in stock. You need to make an appointment before going to view a particular watch, if you need to do so. His customer service is second to none, excellent.
MikeConnolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2018, 02:16 AM   #20
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 114060, 216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeConnolly View Post
I've bought a few watches from a guy called Mark Worthington who is based in Wilmslow, Cheshire near Manchester. Mark has a retail shop & also a great website. All the watches offered on his website are owned by him & are in stock. You need to make an appointment before going to view a particular watch, if you need to do so. His customer service is second to none, excellent.
instantly inn to buy from him!!
crazymcmichael is offline   Reply With Quote