The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 February 2018, 01:50 AM   #1
txaggie9307
"TRF" Member

Black bay 79220n price tracker

Howdy guys,

Just so you know you all know how the price is trending for these, I just sold a new leather bracelet model 79220n for $3800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 February 2018, 04:44 AM   #2
Polarbears
Banned

Watch: 16570
Nice! They are doing a bit better on eBay but fees evens that out.
Polarbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 04:46 AM   #3
txaggie9307
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarbears View Post
Nice! They are doing a bit better on eBay but fees evens that out.

I was able to work out the transaction outside of eBay I netted 3700 post shipping.

Old 21 February 2018, 06:18 AM   #4
bbressler
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp, GMTII, Sub
I had one on bracelet, in great condition, full set, that I had bought from a US AD.

Tried selling it in the mid $2’s last April, and got no offers. One trusted seller told me he didn’t even want to make an offer on it because he was getting too many and couldn’t sell them.

Ended up selling it to DavidSW for $2k towards a 14060. Think he ended up flipping it for $2600.

What a difference a year makes!
bbressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 06:21 AM   #5
bbressler
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp, GMTII, Sub
I make bad selling decisions in April, apparently haha

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=530465
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=390715
bbressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 06:55 AM   #6
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/Breit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbressler View Post
So if you get the urge to sell something this April, hold off for a few weeks!
opawlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 01:04 PM   #7
KNY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbressler View Post
I make bad selling decisions in April, apparently haha
I sold mine too in the summer. Had a tough time finding a buyer at the time. Now I'm kicking myself.
KNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 01:38 PM   #8
Polarbears
Banned

People selling these things are making a mistake. $5k by summer. The time to buy is now. Cashing out will have you kicking yourself. Better yet keep them because this is a small club and we are all friends :)
Old 21 February 2018, 02:15 PM   #9
txaggie9307
"TRF" Member

Old 21 February 2018, 02:48 PM   #10
Jcy90
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT & SUB
Crazy how expensive these have gotten. I’m reading that strap version is in higher demand?
Jcy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 03:03 PM   #11
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie9307 View Post
Just so you know you all know how the price is trending for these, I just sold a new leather bracelet model 79220n for $3800
I've said it once before and I'll say it once again.After reading John Mayer's article on the Tudor Heritage BBB (MSRP was US$3100 on the leather) back in October 2015, I posted my thoughts on the OF and told everyone that the smiling ETA Black Rose is going to be worth a lot of money in 5 years time. Every reader on that thread just ignored my post...ok..to be precise..well...nobody commented or posted any replies. Fast forward to Feb 2018, I'm going to use your retail price US$3800 as a reference point. So 700 bucks in 28 months which translates to an appreciation value rate of US$ 25 bucks per month.
To complicate matters, the Harrods Kermit and Bronze Blue Bucherer Edition are currently the most hottest and costliest Tudor models on eBay and Chrono24. Which forces the ETA Black Rose to become even more in demand due to its scarcity.
Watch collectors have realized its further value potential and will drive the market price up exponentially so NOW I'm predicting a 50 bucks increment every progressive month.
And I'll revise my maths again. So the market value for BBB Ref 72990N will breach the target magical number of US $5000 in 24 months or 2 years from now. Putting it in another way, the asking price for a LNIB or BNIB ETA Black Rose by mid Feb 2020 would be US $5000 , 5 years after John Mayer wrote his article for Hodinkee
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 03:29 PM   #12
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcy90 View Post
Crazy how expensive these have gotten. I’m reading that strap version is in higher demand?
Less made.
Old 21 February 2018, 03:29 PM   #13
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganfox17 View Post
I've said it once before and I'll say it once again.After reading John Mayer's article on the Tudor Heritage BBB (MSRP was US$3100 on the leather) back in October 2015, I posted my thoughts on the OF and told everyone that the smiling ETA Black Rose is going to be worth a lot of money in 5 years time. Every reader on that thread just ignored my post...ok..to be precise..well...nobody commented or posted any replies. Fast forward to Feb 2018, I'm going to use your retail price US$3800 as a reference point. So 700 bucks in 28 months which translates to an appreciation value rate of US$ 25 bucks per month.
To complicate matters, the Harrods Kermit and Bronze Blue Bucherer Edition are currently the most hottest and costliest Tudor models on eBay and Chrono24. Which forces the ETA Black Rose to become even more in demand due to its scarcity.
Watch collectors have realized its further value potential and will drive the market price up exponentially so NOW I'm predicting a 50 bucks increment every progressive month.
And I'll revise my maths again. So the market value for BBB Ref 72990N will breach the target magical number of US $5000 in 24 months or 2 years from now. Putting it in another way, the asking price for a LNIB or BNIB ETA Black Rose by mid Feb 2020 would be US $5000 , 5 years after John Mayer wrote his article for Hodinkee
Stunning assessment!
Old 21 February 2018, 04:56 PM   #14
meganfox17
Banned

Megan's Breaking News
Some0ne just put up an ETA Black Rose FS+ extras LNIB for sale on the WUS forum.The rare leather strap is genuine and I have seen the aged black leather mounted on a deployant buckle only once before.
If you were shaking your head in disbelief or laughing your head off reading my previous post and told me I was demented, you better retract your words now. So what's this Seller's FIRM ASKING PRICE ? Any guesses guys ?
Well, It's For Me to Know , For You to Find Out
Let's just say I was right all along.......
Old 21 February 2018, 05:04 PM   #15
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Megan's Breaking News
Some0ne just put up an ETA Black Rose FS+ extras LNIB for sale on the WUS forum.The rare leather strap is genuine and I have seen the aged black leather mounted on a deployant buckle only once before.
If you were shaking your head in disbelief or laughing your head off reading my previous post and told me I was demented, you better retract your words now. So what's this Seller's FIRM ASKING PRICE ? Any guesses guys ?
Well, It's For Me to Know , For You to Find Out
Let's just say I was right all along.......
When you are right you are right

What other Watch predictions have you got?

We all need to take your advice and be ahead of the curve.
Old 21 February 2018, 05:31 PM   #16
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarbears View Post
When you are right you are right

What other Watch predictions have you got?

We all need to take your advice and be ahead of the curve.
II'm neither a soothsayer nor a speculator but people need to start listening and analyzing what John Mayer has to say in every of his watch reviews. John is such a gifted watch connoisseur that whatever he says and everything he touches turns to Gold !!!
Old 21 February 2018, 05:35 PM   #17
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
II'm neither a soothsayer nor a speculator but people need to start listening and analyzing what John Mayer has to say in every of his watch reviews. John is such a gifted watch connoisseur that whatever he says and everything he touches turns to Gold !!!
Very interesting. He does love this Tudor. Wears it often lately. Also collects very unique rare pieces maybe he had some inside information??
Old 21 February 2018, 05:38 PM   #18
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Like when he said the SS DaytonaC was going to be fetching $30k?

"I think people will pay $30,000 for the bragging rights! ... Hell you [Ben Clymer] and I were talking about how we'd get this watch up – we're as guilty as anybody."

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/be...he-new-daytona
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 07:41 PM   #19
exador
Banned

Quote:
So what's this Seller's FIRM ASKING PRICE?
Watch was first advertised two weeks ago with no takers. Now $400 more expensive...
Quote:
I have seen the aged black leather mounted on a deployant buckle only once before.
It’s the standard strap on this model
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 08:26 PM   #20
unknown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agree bit not on the price
5000 usd.... it will reach that price much faster
AND I predict more (partly because of the weak usd)
This is only 4000 euro.... or only 15-20% above the 2016 listprice

These watches are imo much more special than the Bucherer or Harrods
Every “big” AD can ask for such a LE and they can produce them many years

The black bay black bezel ETA is Imo the only real limited Tudor
Besides, all those new pieces for big AD will never have the ETA

Yes I own one ... and NO I don’t want to sell it
Not even for twice the listprice
Old 21 February 2018, 10:36 PM   #21
stratguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
Why has there been one on for sale on this forum for 5 days? Price has been reduced today to $3,500.
stratguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 11:51 PM   #22
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/Breit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcy90 View Post
I have only seen this speculated by one individual here. From what I have seen, basically any full kit with all accessories and matching paperwork is commanding higher prices.
opawlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 04:21 AM   #23
txaggie9307
"TRF" Member

Looks like another one just sold on here for $3800

Old 22 February 2018, 04:30 AM   #24
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Faster / write about it more please
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 04:46 AM   #25
edd26
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 16600
nobody complain about the huge crown?
edd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 04:50 AM   #26
Polarbears
Banned

Seems like anything under $4,000 is a bargain. Who would’ve thought? Besides Megan.
Old 22 February 2018, 04:52 AM   #27
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by edd26 View Post
That is a primary selling point
Old 22 February 2018, 04:53 AM   #28
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by opawlows View Post
I have only seen this speculated by one individual here. From what I have seen, basically any full kit with all accessories and matching paperwork is commanding higher prices.
It’s been discussed a lot. Somewhere around 500 units have the card that says strap. I’m hoping to snag that version myself as it’s the same watch but definitely less exist.
Old 22 February 2018, 04:53 AM   #29
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
I love the crown. It’s beautiful.
Old 22 February 2018, 06:03 AM   #30
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
I was just waiting for sometime to post this comment so this is my cue call !
Surely you must know that the Big Crown without the crown guards is the hallmark feature of both the original James Bond Sub Ref 6538 and Tudor Sub ref 7922 , both highly sought after by watch collectors. Don't you get it ? Serious watch collectors are not looking for pretty watches! Those watches don't pay "Big" money! Part of the allure is the preservation of its ancestorial DNA that codes the quirkiness of the Big crown which in turn makes the smiling ETA Black Rose such an exceptional and outstanding timepiece