The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 25 December 2019, 01:30 PM   #1
Patekaddict
"TRF" Member

New Incoming Nautilus 5712

Want to wish everyone a merry Christmas and happy new year..... This year was difficult in terms of new timepieces but I was fortunate to add a substantial amount of timepieces to the collection, and 3 just came in the day before Christmas. No introduction needed here..... Yes this is my 2nd 5712 in steel and when was offered it again I just couldn't refuse since this one will be put away..... I want to Thank my AD for everything, I hope everyone enjoys. Will be maybe posting the (rarer) pateks another time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Patekaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 01:44 PM   #2
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Congrats to a 2nd 5712! This is a special one (again)!
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 01:53 PM   #3
chmhill
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
You are so lucky!
chmhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 01:54 PM   #4
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Congrats! And can’t wait to see the others.
Old 25 December 2019, 02:05 PM   #5
Patekaddict
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmhill View Post
You are so lucky!
It's not lucky my fellow enthusiast...... It's Passion and more importantly LOYALTY..... stay loyal to your AD and eventually great things will happen........ That said Patek Philippe has a extensive catalog and lots of interesting timepieces. Don't follow the hype.

Wish it had the extra sauce..... Coming soon.

Old 25 December 2019, 02:37 PM   #6
chmhill
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patekaddict View Post
It's not lucky my fellow enthusiast...... It's Passion and more importantly LOYALTY..... stay loyal to your AD and eventually great things will happen........ That said Patek Philippe has a extensive catalog and lots of interesting timepieces. Don't follow the hype.

Wish it had the extra sauce..... Coming soon.

chmhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 02:39 PM   #7
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Congrats. So the same AD sold you another 5712. Nice
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 02:43 PM   #8
Patekaddict
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Congrats. So the same AD sold you another 5712. Nice
As you know it's always 1 AD....... And they apparently came a few days before Christmas. So patek apparently sends out every AD 1 week before Christmas a big shipment of approximately 15 pieces..... So if you were a good boy throughout the year you got something.

Old 25 December 2019, 02:49 PM   #9
SDDS
"TRF" Member

Congratulations my friend and happy holidays, wear it in good health, absolutely stunning :):):)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex Oysterquartz 17000 N series
Rolex OP 41MM 124300 Green Dial
SDDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 02:54 PM   #10
Patekaddict
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As you know it's always 1 AD....... And they apparently came a few days before Christmas. So patek apparently sends out every AD 1 week before Christmas a big shipment of approximately 15 pieces..... So if you were a good boy throughout the year you got something.

A few repeats this year

Old 25 December 2019, 04:22 PM   #11
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

sensui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 05:10 PM   #12
singaporepatek
Banned

What do you mean it will be put away?
singaporepatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 07:30 PM   #13
gpf
Banned

Watch: My late fathers DD
Like not wear it he has another
gpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 11:50 PM   #14
lolo1972sg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 red sub.
Real lucky fellow
lolo1972sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 01:09 AM   #15
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Congrats :)
Old 26 December 2019, 01:14 AM   #16
np2016
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek, AP,
Congrats stunning 5712
np2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 02:05 AM   #17
wlchuccc
"TRF" Member

congrats! lucky u to have this twice!

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 VOG-L09 發送
wlchuccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 03:31 AM   #18
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Want to wish everyone a merry Christmas and happy new year..... This year was difficult in terms of new timepieces but I was fortunate to add a substantial amount of timepieces to the collection, and 3 just came in the day before Christmas. No introduction needed here..... Yes this is my 2nd 5712 in steel and when was offered it again I just couldn't refuse since this one will be put away..... I want to Thank my AD for everything, I hope everyone enjoys. Will be maybe posting the (rarer) pateks another time.

Congratulations

So do you now have two 5712’s or has the other long gone?
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 03:42 AM   #19
ufboy73
Banned

I don’t think i’ve ever crapped on a NWD thread...and i am genuinely happy for you...

But really think this is a crap AD..rather than serve someone else on the list they’d rather sell the same highly desirable model to someone they already sold one to previously. Perhaps there is more to the story...

I’m all for free market - but, on face value, just reeks so much about what’s wrong in today’s watch environment.

Passion (not calling into question your passion, OP) isn’t quite the word i use.
ufboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 03:47 AM   #20
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufboy73 View Post
I don’t think i’ve ever crapped on a NWD thread...and i am genuinely happy for you...

But really think this is a crap AD..rather than serve someone else on the list they’d rather sell the same highly desirable model to someone they already sold one to previously. Perhaps there is more to the story...

I’m all for free market - but, on face value, just reeks so much about what’s wrong in today’s watch environment.

Passion (not calling into question your passion, OP) isn’t quite the word i use.
Happy holidays all. Yes, this is slightly bizarre. Why would an AD sell two of the same watch to the same person, beyond the obvious in rewarding a clearly great customer? Perhaps it's a partial reward in giving the OP a great timepiece whilst he waits for the special ones he mentioned. Interesting.

Still, well done OP. Well done indeed.
The Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 03:48 AM   #21
Patekaddict
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufboy73 View Post

I understand your frustration and would be upset too. But fortunately after a 15 year relationship and millions of dollars spend not only on watches from the same AD and being a 2nd generation client this is the gratitude and generosity from the AD. My collection is much more than nautilus the 35 pieces in my current collection 70% of them are complications and grand complications. And please let's keep it civil.

Nothing personal, but for these reasons why I never post here and keep things private.

Old 26 December 2019, 03:58 AM   #22
ufboy73
Banned

Quote:
I understand your frustration and would be upset too. But fortunately after a 15 year relationship and millions of dollars spend not only on watches from the same AD and being a 2nd generation client this is the gratitude and generosity from the AD. My collection is much more than nautilus the 35 pieces in my current collection 70% of them are complications and grand complications. And please let's keep it civil.

Nothing personal, but for these reasons why I never post here and keep things private.

I honestly thought i was quite civil.

I don’t doubt you are an excellent customer - they would’t have offered you a second one if you weren’t...but that was sort of my point - and about their behavior, not yours at all.

It would be a shame for my post to influence your (dis)comfort about posting. It was not in any way a critique of you or your great watch.
Old 26 December 2019, 04:09 AM   #23
mdtddd2007
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, PP, AP, GS
What a nice way to celebrate Christmas!
Love that dial. Big congrats!
mdtddd2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 05:10 AM   #24
gilluminati204
Banned

Watch: RolexRolexRolex
Quote:

I'm shocked you weren't able to predict this type of response.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
gilluminati204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 05:23 AM   #25
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:

Congrats again brother. Enjoy the holidays. May next year bring you even more Pateks:thu mbsup:
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 05:28 AM   #26
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You keep it private? Then why are you posting here at all? No offense, find it hard to believe. Do you have pictures of your pateks, grand complications and 35 piece collection together?, i would love to see such a wonderful collection.
BigBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 05:52 AM   #27
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
You have to understand that there are many people on watch forums who are furious that their place in line for coveted Pateks and rolexes go to celebrities and VIPs.

It is a fact of life, but you may have unintentionally rubbed people's noses in this practice. I don't think people fault you, but rather the ADs that do this. They don't like to be reminded of it.

Quote:

locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 06:05 AM   #28
ufboy73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
You have to understand that there are many people on watch forums who are furious that their place in line for coveted Pateks and rolexes go to celebrities and VIPs.

It is a fact of life, but you may have unintentionally rubbed people's noses in this practice. I don't think people fault you, but rather the ADs that do this. They don't like to be reminded of it.
Well said / and, honestly, a reax was bound to happen with the inclusion of unnecessary info (ie a second one to be stashed away).
Old 26 December 2019, 06:13 AM   #29
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

This will leave a bad taste in the mouths of many members no doubt. With a collection as deep as the OP suggests and surely many things to talk about on a watch forum, this is such an odd posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 06:20 AM   #30
rex311
Banned

I must say, that is a very beautiful watch. I can’t wait to get my hands on it, congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rex311 is offline   Reply With Quote