The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 July 2020, 11:27 PM   #1
shalako
"TRF" Member

Omega Speedmaster Moonphase....

IMHO this is one of Omega’s most under rated Speedmaster watches, I have just bought the bracelet and have a question for those folk who own this watch and added the bracelet option. I ordered the bracelet direct from Omega and even though I made a point of asking specifically for the correct ‘bracelet’ spring bars to be included the bracelet still arrived without any.
I’ve therefore used the spring bars that were fitted with the strap it came on but I have read on Omega forums that Omega use a different design/length of spring bar for their bracelets, can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

shalako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 03:41 AM   #2
shalako
"TRF" Member

Thanks all for the many words of wisdom on this, I have no found out from Omega they do supply different spring bars for the bracelet which are currently en-route.....still frustrating that they knew this then don’t bother to include them.
Old 15 July 2020, 07:51 AM   #3
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalako View Post
Thanks all for the many words of wisdom on this...
???

Glad you figured it out.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 10:40 AM   #4
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalako View Post
Thanks all for the many words of wisdom on this, I have no found out from Omega they do supply different spring bars for the bracelet which are currently en-route.....still frustrating that they knew this then don’t bother to include them.
lol, sorry didn't see this, nor would have had an answer.
but good to know. i am also looking at that reference number. either that or replace my old 145.012 (which is now way more expensive than i remember )
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 04:32 PM   #5
shalako
"TRF" Member

In spite of the spring bar problems I have to say that for me the bracelet transforms the watch, it looked good on the strap but it was too much Blue so with the bracelet it’s Perfect. Anyone sitting on the fence about whether to add the bracelet option - I would strongly recommend it especially as it has the micro adjustable clasp which is a must for summer wear.
Old 16 July 2020, 05:32 AM   #6
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Sorry I totally missed this post. Yes they use different spring bars in the bracelet vs the strap. I had the same issue when I picked my bracelet up. Spring bars were not included. Luckily they took a set out of a coaxial Speedy they had in stock and gave me those. I believe the strap bars are slightly longer and a little beefier. Glad you got it sorted. I love this watch just like you do and agree that the personality really chances on the bracelet vs the leather strap. It's a fantastic watch!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote