The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 13 July 2020, 02:51 AM   #1
robinmgb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hublot BB Unico
Roo Rubberclad after market bezel exchange?

I'm interested in buying a 2007 rubber clad 25940sk, just been serviced by AP, the long term wear on the rubber bezel does concern me, I've seen several aftermarket steel and ceramic bezels advertised for around £50.
I imagine they won't be great but wondered about fitting one and keeping the original bezel safe, has any one fitted one? Is it as straightforward as just removing the screws and did actually fit properly?
robinmgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2020, 02:57 AM   #2
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinmgb View Post
I'm interested in buying a 2007 rubber clad 25940sk, just been serviced by AP, the long term wear on the rubber bezel does concern me, I've seen several aftermarket steel and ceramic bezels advertised for around £50.
I imagine they won't be great but wondered about fitting one and keeping the original bezel safe, has any one fitted one? Is it as straightforward as just removing the screws and did actually fit properly?

Don’t do it!! You’re saying the watch has just been serviced by AP, is there evidence of this? If the bezel is as bad as you say then AP would have changed it or at least recommend that it’s changed. A bezel change requires a service as you’re dismantling the watch, if you attempt it yourself then you’ll invalidate the warranty that AP give after service and it’s likely that the watch will no longer be waterproof. The time for a bezel change is at the service. I recommend that you look for a better example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2020, 03:58 AM   #3
robinmgb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hublot BB Unico
The watch was serviced in January 2020 with full receipt, the bezel is currently in very condition, I would wear the watch daily and just want to keep it that way, probably best just to leave it original as it is then
robinmgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2020, 04:05 AM   #4
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I used to own a rose gold rubberclad and I found that the bezel went too shiny for me within 2-3 years. Replacement was £700-£1000 but that included a service which I think gave a 2 year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote