The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 July 2020, 11:20 PM   #31
Captain Scrumpy
"TRF" Member

If it were a car there would have been a recall by now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Captain Scrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 11:20 PM   #32
horseShu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Aqua Terra
From the company that created the first date window watch...
as well as the first GMT watch...

Somebody's getting fired. Or maybe the company is merciful and will just demote him to some non-essential position where he can't do any more damage.
horseShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 11:20 PM   #33
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asal94 View Post
Honestly, when i went through the same process in the fall pre-covid the entire process took about 2 months.

I can only imagine it taking longer now

That’s my fear - I read somewhere recently that an owner was quoted November before they’d have their watch back. Not acceptable at all and Tudor/AD should at least be offering a replacement watch on a like for like basis if so.
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 11:40 PM   #34
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brny11 View Post
Maybe Tudor should stick to ETA / Valjoux.
I wish they did but I'm pretty sure it was not completely their choice.
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 11:46 PM   #35
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
That would drive me crazy. Personally, I would trade up.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 12:54 AM   #36
peterpl
Banned

LMFAO

I'm never buying this watch. This is the true meaning of a "lemon".

Numerous people now having this issue 3+ times. Totally unacceptable at this point when the watch has been around for years already. Tudor is losing big face.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 01:12 AM   #37
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many to narrow
This is why I will never buy this watch as much as I love it. I am still surprised at how many people are picking this up knowing this issue still exists.
Spikedlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 01:18 AM   #38
HERITAGE82
"TRF" Member

This would be such a big vibe killer for me if I wanted to purchase this watch
- Breitling Chronomat - 10th Anniv.
- Huguenin Freres Speedmaster Prototype
HERITAGE82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 01:30 AM   #39
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedlee View Post
This is why I will never buy this watch as much as I love it. I am still surprised at how many people are picking this up knowing this issue still exists.
I'm pretty sure that 90% of the buyers are not aware of this issue. Not everyone reads watch forums on the internet.
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 01:34 AM   #40
Event Horizon
Banned

Watch: BLRO
Said it before and I'll say it again, this watch is a ticking time bomb...

Resident numb nuts w/ their heads buried in the sand will say there's nothing wrong w/ this model but just go check out any Tudor GMT social media group. About half the members have experienced this issue, if not experienced it twice.

Got rid of mine and haven't looked back since.

All the best to you bud, hopefully it'll turn out well after the repair.
Event Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 01:37 AM   #41
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
I'm pretty sure that 90% of the buyers are not aware of this issue. Not everyone reads watch forums on the internet.
Nor do we know the % of watches w/ the issue. Far too many anecdotal cases for sure. Again, there are still many like me w/ no issue at all, regardless when made.

However, being a member of this forum, and with the accumulated knowledge, I'd question buying one now.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 01:40 AM   #42
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post

Resident numb nuts w/ their heads buried in the sand will say there's nothing wrong w/ this model but just go check out any Tudor GMT social media group. About half the members have experienced this issue, if not experienced it twice.

Classy choice of words. Got anything to back that up? Can't remember reading anyone saying there's no issue. And since you've said it before, and have to say it again, maybe there's a reason no one listens to you.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 15 July 2020, 01:41 AM   #43
Asal94
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:

Yeah I agree, its far too prevalent and I've had 2 so i cant blame my first specific watch. My conclusion is now on the overall model. The Tudor GMT is a beautiful watch but it sucks mechanically.

Worst case.. if they don't agree to a trade in, I will have them repair it and sell the watch. Then probably just go buy another Rolex
Asal94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 01:45 AM   #44
Asal94
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Nor do we know the % of watches w/ the issue. Far too many anecdotal cases for sure. Again, there are still many like me w/ no issue at all, regardless when made.

However, being a member of this forum, and with the accumulated knowledge, I'd question buying one now.
dP
That is true! I guess i am just extremely unfortunate. I hope if they fix the watch and somebody else can enjoy it without issues.

For me, i tried to accept the issues but they have hit 3 strikes out.

I'll likely move the piece on and maybe re-buy in future if it gets sorted out because i think it was a stunning watch
Old 15 July 2020, 01:53 AM   #45
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That is true! I guess i am just extremely unfortunate. I hope if they fix the watch and somebody else can enjoy it without issues.

For me, i tried to accept the issues but they have hit 3 strikes out.

I'll likely move the piece on and maybe re-buy in future if it gets sorted out because i think it was a stunning watch
Understood and completely agree with your assessment. You gave Tudor more than ample opportunity to get it right.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 15 July 2020, 01:55 AM   #46
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
My personal limit is 2x. Mine is at RSC now for the issue for the first time. Took a year and a half to happen. I'll give them one shot to fix it. If it has to go in a second time I'll sell it as soon as I get it back or trade towards something else. I love the watch and I'll give them a chance to make it right, but not multiple chances. This whole thing is such a shame because it is such a fantastic watch. I would hate to part with it...
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 02:11 AM   #47
Event Horizon
Banned

Watch: BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Classy choice of words. Got anything to back that up? Can't remember reading anyone saying there's no issue. And since you've said it before, and have to say it again, maybe there's a reason no one listens to you.
dP

So if I reiterate myself, it means no one is listening?
Phenomenal logic...
Doesn't surprise me too much being that your conclusion is coming from someone who has repeatedly ignored the facts about this watch, meanwhile trying to coax himself into believing he bought a watch that isn't a lemon and cheer leading on other unsuspecting would be buyers on to thinking that this date wheel issue is only an anomaly and they should be completely safe w/ their purchase.

This is the last time I'm replying to you and now putting you on the ignore list b/c your logic is way too self centered, and having a logical discussion about this topic watch is outside of your realm given your post history regarding this watch.
Event Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 02:48 AM   #48
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
So if I reiterate myself, it means no one is listening?
Phenomenal logic...
Doesn't surprise me too much being that your conclusion is coming from someone who has repeatedly ignored the facts about this watch, meanwhile trying to coax himself into believing he bought a watch that isn't a lemon and cheer leading on other unsuspecting would be buyers on to thinking that this date wheel issue is only an anomaly and they should be completely safe w/ their purchase.

This is the last time I'm replying to you and now putting you on the ignore list b/c your logic is way too self centered, and having a logical discussion about this topic watch is outside of your realm given your post history regarding this watch.
In other words, you've got nothing to back up your remarks. Got it.

Funny, all these years and I've never found the need to utilize an ignore list. I shall proudly wear my inclusion to your list as a badge of honor.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 15 July 2020, 04:53 AM   #49
Asal94
"TRF" Member

UPDATE: 1

Unbelievable... the Rolex Customer Service rep at RSC Toronto called me back this afternoon. They only offered to service the watch again and pretty much directed me to speak to the dealer about refunds or exchanges. Useless customer service imo.

They are the manufacturer and their product is faulty. I guess I will have to speak to the AD now.

Pretty disappointing, i was expecting a lot more out of Rolex Customer Service.
Old 15 July 2020, 04:54 AM   #50
hbdude
Banned

Watch: SD43/Bluesy/DJ41
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk77 View Post
That’s my fear - I read somewhere recently that an owner was quoted November before they’d have their watch back. Not acceptable at all and Tudor/AD should at least be offering a replacement watch on a like for like basis if so.
Not me however, I dropped off my late 2019 series GMT with a local AD March 12th, the day before everything started to close down. I experienced two date change issues in 2 months so decided to get it to Rolex knowing Covid-19 would delay servicing but at least mine would be in-line to get fixed.

After many calls I received an update last week saying my watch would be fully serviced under warranty and I could expect it back November 5th!

I'm in two minds whether to keep or move on. I have a Pelagos and Black Bay 41 as my Tudor fix, plus my Omega Bond Seamaster Co-axial GMT. Decisions...decisions...
hbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 05:11 AM   #51
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Unbelievable... the Rolex Customer Service rep at RSC Toronto called me back this afternoon. They only offered to service the watch again and pretty much directed me to speak to the dealer about refunds or exchanges. Useless customer service imo.

They are the manufacturer and their product is faulty. I guess I will have to speak to the AD now.

That's poor of them, but to be honest I think thats what I understand the situation to be.

Rolex/Tudor sell the watch to the AD, the AD sells it to you. The contract of sale is between yourself and the AD.

I think you'll have more luck with the AD, so keep us posted...
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 05:15 AM   #52
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Pretty much what I was expecting from RSC. Hopefully you get satisfaction from the AD.
Good luck,
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 15 July 2020, 06:22 AM   #53
XtraCrispy
"TRF" Member

Watch: me closely!
I inquired with my AD late last year about getting the Tudor GMT. I was told to hold off until they get this date issue sorted out. In the meantime, I bought one of these a a placeholder and I have to say for the money, it's a really nice looking and solidly built watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Steinhart.jpg (285.5 KB, 229 views)
Rolex Submariner TT 116613LB • Tudor 1926 41mm M91650-0005 • Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAY201B.FT6150 • Oris Artelier Date OR733-7670-4051LS • Luminox XS.3505.SC • Alpina AlpinerX AL-283LNO5NAQ6L • Steinhart GMT-OCEAN 1 BLUE RED.2 • Casio G Shock GW-5000-1JF
XtraCrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 07:15 AM   #54
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
"The Edsel of the watch world"

SOooo happy my decision at the time left me splurging for the white dial Sky-Dweller instead of this particular Tudor. But my Pelagos LHD is a fantastic model!

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 08:40 AM   #55
GreatScott
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdude View Post
Not me however, I dropped off my late 2019 series GMT with a local AD March 12th, the day before everything started to close down. I experienced two date change issues in 2 months so decided to get it to Rolex knowing Covid-19 would delay servicing but at least mine would be in-line to get fixed.

After many calls I received an update last week saying my watch would be fully serviced under warranty and I could expect it back November 5th!

I'm in two minds whether to keep or move on. I have a Pelagos and Black Bay 41 as my Tudor fix, plus my Omega Bond Seamaster Co-axial GMT. Decisions...decisions...
Certainly you can't mean November?? 8 months?? Get your money back quickly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
GreatScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 10:06 AM   #56
Yachtbuoy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraCrispy View Post
I inquired with my AD late last year about getting the Tudor GMT. I was told to hold off until they get this date issue sorted out. In the meantime, I bought one of these a a placeholder and I have to say for the money, it's a really nice looking and solidly built watch.
I went with a similar route, I have a placeholder GMT until they can sort out the date issue.
Yachtbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 12:07 PM   #57
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I've been trying to like this since day one but the date wheel issue is a turn off.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 12:16 PM   #58
danwang0520
"TRF" Member

Watch: my signature
i'd personally sell the watch after coming back from the repair this time~
danwang0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 02:00 PM   #59
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

No issues with mine, but I have to say, Tudor/Rolex really need to come out with a fix for watches that have had the issue. Its seems clear they either still haven't, or just aren't coordinated enough to roll it out consistently.

I would think by now there's been enough time to figure out what's going wrong and how to correct it permanently. I do that with all sorts of stuff at home....let's go and get it done already.
Old 15 July 2020, 05:55 PM   #60
gops
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but since we are talking about date change issue in BBGMT, I'd like to ask a question to current owners....

I bought my BBGMT a few weeks ago new from AD with full knowledge about the date issue, I really liked it when I tried it on so I'm willing to take the risk...

Anyway, last night I noticed a slow date change starting at approximately 10pm. Did anybody else experienced this symptom prior to full failure? Is this a sign more bad things to come? Or this is already part of the issue (random slow date change)? Thanks in advance.
gops is offline   Reply With Quote