The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 28 June 2022, 01:45 PM   #121
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannr1 View Post
Thanks, nice pick the barakuda and a great watch to add to your collection.
The bracelet is not fitted with spring bars. It comes with friction pins which have to be hammered into the endlinks. No easy job, the watch maker of the AD I bought the bracelet from did the work.
what the heck what ?!?

My X71 is attached by a pin with a .9mm hex socket at each end. $7 worth of hex screwdrivers from amazon and 3 minutes max to gently unscrew them and switch between bracelet and straps. Not to cast this "watchmaker" in a bad light, but I would really like to know more about these pins he had to hammer in....and how he would go about hammering them back out, should you want to change to a strap.

Granted my watch is a big old regular FF, but having to get unduly physical ramming pins into anything seems decidedly off brand....

edit- just did it. 30 secs each way being fairly careful....

edit2 bloody hell, my watch is filthy.....
Old 28 June 2022, 05:10 PM   #122
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiparks View Post
what the heck what ?!?

My X71 is attached by a pin with a .9mm hex socket at each end. $7 worth of hex screwdrivers from amazon and 3 minutes max to gently unscrew them and switch between bracelet and straps. Not to cast this "watchmaker" in a bad light, but I would really like to know more about these pins he had to hammer in....and how he would go about hammering them back out, should you want to change to a strap.

Granted my watch is a big old regular FF, but having to get unduly physical ramming pins into anything seems decidedly off brand....

edit- just did it. 30 secs each way being fairly careful....

edit2 bloody hell, my watch is filthy.....

The X71 bracelet to fit the 40 mm FF case unfortunately does not come with the hex pin and screw.
Blancpain developed just for the X71 bracelet of the 45 mm FF case that feature, which makes it a lot easier to swap from bracelet to strap and back again.
If I want to change back to the tropic strap a visit to the watchmaker is required
A pity Blancpain did not put in the effort yet to upgrade the 40 mm X71 bracelet.
Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2022, 05:48 PM   #123
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Wow ! Sorry to hear that, for a bracelet costing as much as the X71, that's frankly shocking & disappointing on the part of Blancpain. Supplying slightly shorter, threaded pins seems like a low bar...
Old 28 June 2022, 10:15 PM   #124
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiparks View Post
Wow ! Sorry to hear that, for a bracelet costing as much as the X71, that's frankly shocking & disappointing on the part of Blancpain. Supplying slightly shorter, threaded pins seems like a low bar...

Check the diameter of the lugholes of the 40 mm FF. Too small for threaded pins and hex screws. Would be a real improvement if Blancpain redesigned the 40 mm case lugholes, so it would fit the hex screw and pin.

Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2022, 11:17 AM   #125
NardinNut
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I bought spring bars to fit the x71 and be easy to do strap changes. Downside is that there is slight play so the bracelet doesn’t sit flush to the case. Didn’t bother me at first but now the gap and play annoys the hell out of me. Would love to find a fix so it’s flush/solid and able to do quick strap changes
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote