The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 9 August 2019, 10:34 AM   #61
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdtime View Post
How will you compare a VC Chrono to a Daytona?

They are close in retail price and size.any comments?

I have both the blue dial Gen 2 VC OS chrono and the white dial ceramic Daytona.

The VC is far, far nicer. There is really no comparison between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roger Lococco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2019, 10:40 AM   #62
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubojunk View Post
I have really been contemplating trading my gen2 overseas chrono for the new overseas 4500 (blue?). What do you all think? Am I crazy or smart move. I have been reading random threads about overseas creeping up in price. Is this true, is it the gen3’s? I haven’t seen much of a difference when I look. Thanks.

In my view, the Gen 2 is a far nicer watch.

Roger Lococco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2019, 08:42 AM   #63
Pouring2010
"TRF" Member

My series 1 VC overseas chrono.

My favourite because of date placement (unlike gen 3) and sub dials being the same size (unlike gen 2).

Downside is the difficulty to change straps. Apart form that a super watch and fit and finish above contemporary rolexes and equal to PP and AP

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Pouring2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2019, 08:01 PM   #64
eamonn345
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15400 blue dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouring2010 View Post
My series 1 VC overseas chrono.

My favourite because of date placement (unlike gen 3) and sub dials being the same size (unlike gen 2).

Downside is the difficulty to change straps. Apart form that a super watch and fit and finish above contemporary rolexes and equal to PP and AP

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Looks great on you!

eamonn345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2019, 08:01 PM   #65
eamonn345
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubojunk View Post
I have really been contemplating trading my gen2 overseas chrono for the new overseas 4500 (blue?). What do you all think? Am I crazy or smart move. I have been reading random threads about overseas creeping up in price. Is this true, is it the gen3’s? I haven’t seen much of a difference when I look. Thanks.

I’d stick to the gen 2

Old 17 August 2019, 08:02 PM   #66
eamonn345
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdtime View Post
How will you compare a VC Chrono to a Daytona?

They are close in retail price and size.any comments?

I prefer my VC

IMG_2872.JPG

Old 17 August 2019, 08:10 PM   #67
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Great watches

I had the pleasure of trying some on last week at the boutique here in Toronto. I really like the look of the black with white sub dials chrono
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 12:04 AM   #68
fop518
"TRF" Member

Here is a shot with 3 of my fav's. I picked up a Gen2 Dualtime on bracelet recently for a good price. By far the nicest watch I have every tried on. I love the bracelet beyond words, but I just threw on an OEM rubber strap yesterday and I have to say I love that too. It makes it a completely different watch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190819_2234429.jpg (184.5 KB, 1647 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190821_0000371.jpg (272.1 KB, 1657 views)
fop518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 12:10 AM   #69
ROA
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
It looks very nice on the rubber strap! Well done!
ROA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 12:15 AM   #70
fop518
"TRF" Member

ROA:
Thanks! I feel a bit blasphemous wearing it on the strap because I've been touting the bracelet as being the best I'd ever worn...
But it's a whole new feel on the Rubber and I love the deployment. I went to the NYC boutique last weekend and had them order a black leather one for me... I'm guessing that will make the watch feel very dressy
Old 22 August 2019, 12:17 AM   #71
fop518
"TRF" Member

oh, on a side note:
The gentleman at the NYC Boutique told me that all of the blue and black gen3 overseas were sold out besides the one blue chronograph he let me look at. He said they have been waiting 3 weeks thus far for more stock and nothing yet...
Everyone is definitely right about Gen3 demand now being higher than supply. Which is a great thing for VC I think?
Old 22 August 2019, 12:39 AM   #72
ROA
"TRF" Member

You’re welcome! That’s good news that the VCO seems to be selling well despite the muted marketing. During my last boutique visit, they only had the black. No white/silver and blue in sight. There seems to be a bit of wait on the blue. But full disclosure - I own a blue simple date. And I am the opposite - it has been on the rubber strap since I got it haha. I need to try the bracelet soon. And yes, I agree the leather strap will make it dressier. Mine says hi :)

IMG_7041.JPG

Old 22 August 2019, 09:43 AM   #73
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fop518 View Post
oh, on a side note:
The gentleman at the NYC Boutique told me that all of the blue and black gen3 overseas were sold out besides the one blue chronograph he let me look at. He said they have been waiting 3 weeks thus far for more stock and nothing yet...
Everyone is definitely right about Gen3 demand now being higher than supply. Which is a great thing for VC I think?
It’s August, most of Switzerland is off on their holidays. Much the same as Italy, hen the country takes a month long siesta.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 04:36 PM   #74
fop518
"TRF" Member

You need to try the bracelet. Though I think I like the gen2 bracelet a bit more than the gen3 I tried on at the boutique. Its similar but definitely not the same. But the strap changing system is amazing. Id swap every day with that setup! So much fun.
I am loving the rubber strap though. Its a cool look and feels amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Old 22 August 2019, 06:08 PM   #75
ROA
"TRF" Member

Yes I will try it soon. Just waiting for the watchmaker to be back from holiday as I do not have the tool to resize it. That black rubber strap really fits your watch perfectly. Enjoy and wear it in the best of health always.

Old 25 August 2019, 03:29 AM   #76
Futuristic
Banned

Lovely
Futuristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 12:32 AM   #77
cleanupinaisle3
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR, DJ41, BB58
I tried on a Gen 3 4500V Overseas the other day, I would be interested in the silver dial actually which I know is the lesser demand one, but I was just curious for others with the same watch, how do you feel about the reliability/durability of the quick-release system?

It seemed a bit... flimsy to me. Just a little spring-loaded hook that looked very thin that hooked onto the little bar between the lugs. It just didn't seem incredibly robust. I'm someone who would be swapping between bracelet and rubber strap fairly often I'd say, not to mention I'm worried about flex and twisting/turning during daily wear.

Any issues? Has the quick release felt like it's suffered at all over time of ownership?

Also is anyone getting any discounts on these? In Toronto the dealer is a boutique so it's not easy to get discounts unfortunately.
cleanupinaisle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 11:25 AM   #78
Jace
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum DD 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanupinaisle3 View Post
I tried on a Gen 3 4500V Overseas the other day, I would be interested in the silver dial actually which I know is the lesser demand one, but I was just curious for others with the same watch, how do you feel about the reliability/durability of the quick-release system?

It seemed a bit... flimsy to me. Just a little spring-loaded hook that looked very thin that hooked onto the little bar between the lugs. It just didn't seem incredibly robust. I'm someone who would be swapping between bracelet and rubber strap fairly often I'd say, not to mention I'm worried about flex and twisting/turning during daily wear.

Any issues? Has the quick release felt like it's suffered at all over time of ownership?

Also is anyone getting any discounts on these? In Toronto the dealer is a boutique so it's not easy to get discounts unfortunately.

Absolutely nothing to worry about. It’s very secure. I have had absolutely no issues with mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 03:50 PM   #79
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanupinaisle3 View Post

I have not heard of any issues with the quick-release system. There is nothing to worry about.

Discounts on the Overseas are getting very hard to find.
TJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2019, 11:32 AM   #80
Verbow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fop518 View Post
oh, on a side note:
They’re definitely heating up.

I’ve visited my AD 3 times over the last couple months and they never had any Overseas in stock (they did say they had received some ordered for customers). When I said I was considering a a deposit and how much they’d be willing to work with me to bring the price down, I was told “not much - it’s too popular”. The owner (who I had previously purchased from) was to call me back and he never did.

Fast forward to last week - Armand at Govberg (not the dealer above) emailed me and said there was a wait of 4-6 months on the blue three hand.

The USA Chrono24 dealers are starting to list the black and blues above list price. Even Jomashop has a puny 7% discount.

Yup...a great thing for VC...
Verbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2019, 12:13 AM   #81
eamonn345
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbow View Post
They’re definitely heating up.

I’ve visited my AD 3 times over the last couple months and they never had any Overseas in stock (they did say they had received some ordered for customers). When I said I was considering a a deposit and how much they’d be willing to work with me to bring the price down, I was told “not much - it’s too popular”. The owner (who I had previously purchased from) was to call me back and he never did.

Fast forward to last week - Armand at Govberg (not the dealer above) emailed me and said there was a wait of 4-6 months on the blue three hand.

The USA Chrono24 dealers are starting to list the black and blues above list price. Even Jomashop has a puny 7% discount.

Yup...a great thing for VC...

Great news for current VC owners!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 25 October 2019, 06:13 PM   #82
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

I appreciate the Overseas so much more in light of the Langhe fail.

Time to add VC to my list (and to add a VC, to my APs/PPs)

Anyone debate Chrono vs Dual time? 42.5mm is so juicy.
PPFANBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2019, 06:16 PM   #83
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPFANBOY View Post
I appreciate the Overseas so much more in light of the Langhe fail.

Time to add VC to my list (and to add a VC, to my APs/PPs)

Anyone debate Chrono vs Dual time? 42.5mm is so juicy.
Personally I prefer the dual time over the chrono. Not a fan of the date placement on the chrono.
Old 26 October 2019, 02:45 PM   #84
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

The date does seem a little out of place. But the dual time also lacks a bit of balance (in a nice, abstract way).

These are nice, especially so given that I prefer larger watches.
Old 27 October 2019, 12:22 AM   #85
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Coincidentally a boutique has literally just opened up in Melbourne. https://timeandtidewatches.com/vache...tin-melbourne/

It's a sign from God.

Given that the demand is less than Patek or AP, is a discount achievable and if so, what is realistically achievable on a Overseas Chrono (blue).

Thanks.
Old 27 October 2019, 12:41 AM   #86
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Coincidentally a boutique has literally just opened up in Melbourne. https://timeandtidewatches.com/vache...tin-melbourne/

It's a sign from God.

Given that the demand is less than Patek or AP, is a discount achievable and if so, what is realistically achievable on a Overseas Chrono (blue).

Thanks.
In case u need enabling

Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2019, 08:12 AM   #87
supersam80
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN, 26331ST
Quote:

It's a sign from God.

Thanks.
I work just around the corner from there and on Friday the construction barriers were still up.

I've also tried to get a discount in Singapore and the AD in crown recently, no dice. However the blue dial date only is readily available at 15% or more discount on chrono24, surely that's the way to go?

Anyway - I'm toying with the idea of selling my GMT and putting the funds towards the blue dial date only and having that as a daily on the rubber to compliment my ROC. How does a VCO go as a daily in terms of scratches, robustness etc?
supersam80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2019, 11:04 AM   #88
TJMike
Banned

Quote:

It's a sign from God.

Thanks.
A discount on the Chrono is possible from an AD and highly unlikely from a boutique. Less chance to get one on the blue because it is the most popular color.
Old 27 October 2019, 11:11 AM   #89
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersam80 View Post
I work just around the corner from there and on Friday the construction barriers were still up.

I've also tried to get a discount in Singapore and the AD in crown recently, no dice. However the blue dial date only is readily available at 15% or more discount on chrono24, surely that's the way to go?

Anyway - I'm toying with the idea of selling my GMT and putting the funds towards the blue dial date only and having that as a daily on the rubber to compliment my ROC. How does a VCO go as a daily in terms of scratches, robustness etc?
The Overseas is designed to be a daily wearer; so no issues with robustness but probably less than a Rolex. Of course, it is still an expensive watch. I would be treating it nicely. It is not a scratch magnet.

As for price, once you factor in GST etc from getting one overseas (pun intended), the blue dial is, at best, only $1000-$2000 cheaper than getting it from the boutique. Though none of the lowest prices have it in stock. Just a generic photo:
https://www.chrono24.com/search/inde...ue&sortorder=1
Old 27 October 2019, 11:16 AM   #90
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
In case u need enabling

Consider me enabled good sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersam80 View Post

I've not owned one so can't comment. But Overseas > GMT. No brainer IMO. If we're talking class, looks, holy trinity etc.

Chrono24 shows around 10 to 15 percent cheaper than the website price for new 2019 chrono models. I'm gonna hit up the boutique when it opens and see how I go. Maybe time the purchase with travel and get it duty free? There is comfort in buying directly from a brand owned boutique. I hope we get an AP or Patek soon.

Back to the Overseas. Those perpetual calendars looks great. Only in PM though, not to my liking. Would jump on a SS version. Actually they should make a ceramic version.. Piggyback on the AP hype.

Tags
vacheron , vacheronconstantin