The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 21 June 2022, 08:10 AM   #61
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
You said "likely", yet did H Moser adopt that practice? Have you heard that H Moser is forcing package deals? Am truly curious.

Czapek and MB&F have not as best i can tell. Sure the wait may be 'long', yet very understandable when you consider the quality and very low production output. No worries as the next big Stonk Market crash may help sort things out somewhat (unless it does the opposite as stock traders and those foolish enough to have low-yielding bonds run away from...).

Yes in Dubai

My friend was asked to buy a perpetual calendar snd a Hertiage turbillon so he can get the blue streamliner. An approval was obtained for him by the brand manager abd was followed for weeks to pay and collect all 3

Meanwhile i expressed my interest in the center second for a year and 4 months and they didnt even consider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2022, 07:55 PM   #62
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF100 View Post
So much nonsense. Why would you even want to write that? Either you have the money or you don't because you 'knew' this purchase would eventually come up and happen.
This is the total opposite of nonsense. It could well be unequivocal fact sir. Unless you have all your money in cash (and enjoy losing 8% a year guaranteed burn). Whether or not you 'have the money' - that blunder could essentially be equivalent to someone taking 10-15k usd out of your account. The two outcomes are the same, but the means different.[/QUOTE]sigh

I can see how you mentioned you tried to get a free desert from a restaurant when the waiter made a mistake.

For me, it is completely the opposite. I was at a rather nice restaurant, the chef made a mistake. I let the waiter know and intentionally made a point the reason behind the mentioning is so that they can improve. Next thing I knew was the supervisor coming over the table with an attitude thinking that I was complaining for the purpose of getting free food. She ignored what I told her and took off the tomahawk steak.

I then let the supervisor know that another mistake was made and use the tomahawk price that was taken off from bill as extra tips to the waiter, which I believed was about extra 200. I let the supervisor know about that as well. She then realized not everyone want free food.

I will only write to HQ to let them improve because I like the brand to succeed. This is not to get something back. I think the entitlement and this everything is a nail attitude because now I am important enough with enough cash is quite annoying to me.

If I want a desert, I will buy it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2022, 07:57 PM   #63
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Conventional wisdom says buy what you can afford to break
agree.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2022, 09:04 PM   #64
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Your shopping history seems to be problematic.

I wish you luck.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2022, 09:54 PM   #65
multimedia
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience. They should make some effort to try and make it right even if it's not right away.

I think these experiences are not brand dependent, but rather AD/Boutique/SA dependent. A lot of it has to do with your relationship with them.

I wouldn't turn off the brand over it. I would write to the boutique manager and regional office and see where it goes. If they brush you off, then that would be a reason to turn off the brand IMO.
100% this. I couldn't agree more.

Have always been met with a very friendly approach from the people at VC here in HK. Same with AP. Rolex was OK before the madness started (nothing ordinary, but still ok). Nowadays I don't even bother walking into their store(s). Patek is just a couple of old men sitting behind the counter. They couldn't care less who is walking in.

But this is just one person, one story, in one city. There are so many of these stories out there. And the personal experience can either draw you in = make you wait a very long time to get that special piece, even buy one or two that you really wasn’t interested in, in the first place (and so on). Or, unfortunately, they can make you loose all interest that you had in the brand. SA can be a real turn off, but at the same time they can be just fantastic, even if they don't have anything to sell to you. As the people in AP in HK. I've very often just gone in there to chat with them. Spend some time talking about the mad house the watch industry has turned into. Telling them that I hope my piece arrives sooooon. And we all have a laugh ge about it all. Great people and always, always very friendly.

Cheers,
Joe
Old 22 June 2022, 10:12 PM   #66
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Case of mistaken identity doesn't shatter the customer service of the brand. It's a tough sht kind of story but having someone else's name isn't going to get you ahead of a wait list.

I should know.

-Anonymous aka Ted Danson
Old 26 June 2022, 04:29 PM   #67
solaire
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxa View Post
I have to say my last visit to the London boutique was quite the turn off, went in just on the way through wearing a scruffy old tshirt and a pair of joggers a pair of converse, was almost accosted at the door by a lady as if what are you doing here, ‘can I heeellllpppp you’ in a confused condescending time, like I didn’t belong in there till she finally realised I had an Overseas on my wrist and oh sir can I get you something to drink, all smiles and red carpet treatment. Just wasn’t impressed. Went into Piaget and JLC the same day and both were so welcoming and polite from the get go.

Which London boutique ?

That doesn’t seem like the normal experience most receive as it’s normally the security guard that sorts you in.

I’ve turned up with trainers and a T-Shirt from Uniqlo, most the time with a VC on but once with a Rolex and always had a good experience.

Have you given feedback to VC about that visit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
solaire is offline   Reply With Quote