The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 June 2006, 10:42 PM   #1
Atomic

Festivale Ferrarista! (moden burner)

This past weekend was the culmination of Italian Week in my fair city. And to end it with a bang (more like a high-pitched wail) the Ferrari Club of America Ottawa Chapter was able to bring members from Montreal and Toronto to bring the total cars participating to 45. It's staggering to see so many Ferraris in one place at one time. Sure there were lots of 308s and 328s, but much to my astonishment, there were a boatload of Testa Rossas, lots of F355s, a handful of 360 Modenas and a couple of Modena Syders, a couple of F430s (one was a Spyder) and some a few vintage cars from the 60s and 70s, but nothing really noteworthy.

Here are a bunch of pix... and it's a modem burner. Enjoy:

Thanks for looking. Apologies for the pix, most were taken with a sleeping three year old in one arm... I did participate in a charity ride on Sunday, but my batteries died before my car arrived for me. It was a 2001 Modena 360 Spyder, red with black interior with F1 shifting. This car is blindingly fast and the sound it makes as it climbs to 9,000 rpm is mind-boggling. Good thing the car had a wind-screen, otherwise I'd still be picking flies out of my teeth from grinning ear to ear. The 360 Spyder owner took a couple of pix of me with his camera and will email them to me. Great guy, he is!
Old 19 June 2006, 10:45 PM   #2
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Looks like it was a lot of fun, John. Great looking vehicles and a chance to ride in one. Super.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2006, 05:07 AM   #3
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Excellent pics, Johnny. I wish I were that lucky here in Auckland. Might be just fortunate enough to see ONE Ferrari just once in a few months. Not many around here. Truly unaffordable for 99.999999% of Kiwis.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2006, 07:35 AM   #4
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Great pics Johnny. I really like the F430 Spyder. Truly a chance in a lifetime for most to see that many Ferrari's in one place. I'm glad you were able to ride in one. From your description, it seems like a real thrill.

Great wrist shot.
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2006, 07:39 PM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Great pictures John thanks for sharing,but the star of the show is the
Panerai.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2006, 09:54 PM   #6
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Great pics Johnny. I really like the F430 Spyder. Truly a chance in a lifetime for most to see that many Ferrari's in one place. I'm glad you were able to ride in one. From your description, it seems like a real thrill.

Great wrist shot.
Thanks, it was quite a rush. The last time I was in a performance car, I was in my teens testing a Ralt RT-4 Formula Atlantic car. Since that was 20+ years ago, this was a nice refresher on what blinding automotive performance is. The owner of 'my' 360 Spyder said he's selling it at the end of the year and next spring he takes delivery of a 2007 F430 Spyder. The 430 pictured was even more beautiful in person. The thing that was also amazing (other than the fact that my 6'6" frame fit easily into the cockpit) was the fit and finish in the interior. The only surfaces (other than the CD player) were leather and aluminum. Beautiful!
Old 21 June 2006, 10:15 AM   #7
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
Thanks, it was quite a rush. The last time I was in a performance car, I was in my teens testing a Ralt RT-4 Formula Atlantic car. Since that was 20+ years ago, this was a nice refresher on what blinding automotive performance is. The owner of 'my' 360 Spyder said he's selling it at the end of the year and next spring he takes delivery of a 2007 F430 Spyder. The 430 pictured was even more beautiful in person. The thing that was also amazing (other than the fact that my 6'6" frame fit easily into the cockpit) was the fit and finish in the interior. The only surfaces (other than the CD player) were leather and aluminum. Beautiful!
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote