The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 August 2018, 07:51 AM   #1
BBH
"TRF" Member

New Air-Kng

I was obsessing about a Daytona, even to the point of spending $28K (Osterflex) to $38K ( White Gold, Full Bracelet) for a PM Daytona. This bcausse i wont pay 50% over list for a SS Daytona. I just couldn’t rationalize the prce for a PM watch.

All the R&D, prestige, special foundry etc., is present in the SS models, the only difference being the metal used in the manufacturing of the watch. $ 28K difference for a PM watch is a bridge too far for me when there is less than 3 ounces of PM in the PM watches.

Anyway, you may feel different I do own a 18038 Gold President Day-Date as well as a Kermit Anniversaty Sub and a 1964 Dauphine DateJust. I considering an IWC Pilot watch, but decided it was a bit too busy for me.

Then I started researchng the Air King. Most of you probably know the current iteration is a Milgauss under the hood , for $2000 less. A rare bump on a Rolex. The watch just appealed to me.

I called the local AD, listened to his spiel about” hard to get”, etc. and bought it.

I really lke i. Dispite its thick “faraday cage”, it really wears comforablely. It is a Super COSC timepiece and in the three days ive been wearing it, iit has not gained or lost even 1 second.

Big dial, easy to read. I am a 75 year old retired airline pilot.im really happy with my Aviation oriented timepiece.
BBH is offline   Reply With Quote