The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 April 2019, 07:46 AM   #61
lovetherolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebs520 View Post
SSIA pretty much. About to dip my toes in the Rolex waters with an OP39 but nervous about not having the Easylink (and they seem very hard to get now). I’ve been spoiled by my Seamaster 300, the adjustment feature in the clasp is amazing.
Pain. Extreme, gangrenous pain.

Also the fact that you have much currency burning a hole in your pocket relative to other Rolex purchasers
lovetherolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 11:46 AM   #62
Greg 59
"TRF" Member

This thread kicked off at the perfect time for me! I was in my AD yesterday looking at all the empty cabinets and talking about the usual sports watch shortages. An OP39 caught my eye and I tried it on. As you can see from the photo, the bracelet is tight on my wrist. I went to adjust and realised there was none. This is a deal breaker for me. My other watches all have means of adjusting the bracelet on the fly. The OP39 is a beautifully watch especially with this dial. The lack of a date gives the watch balance and symmetry but like the OP I am reluctant to commit. I had no idea that the easylink could be fitted and the AD made no suggestion that it could either. Is this definitely the case? Would it be the one from the datejust range?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Greg 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 11:52 AM   #63
liebs520
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregShakeshaft View Post
This thread kicked off at the perfect time for me! I was in my AD yesterday looking at all the empty cabinets and talking about the usual sports watch shortages. An OP39 caught my eye and I tried it on. As you can see from the photo, the bracelet is tight on my wrist. I went to adjust and realised there was none. This is a deal breaker for me. My other watches all have means of adjusting the bracelet on the fly. The OP39 is a beautifully watch especially with this dial. The lack of a date gives the watch balance and symmetry but like the OP I am reluctant to commit. I had no idea that the easylink could be fitted and the AD made no suggestion that it could either. Is this definitely the case? Would it be the one from the datejust range?

I believe you’d want the one from the Explorer 1 as it’s all brushed (although idk how visible it’d be anyway). It definitely works, there’s a video on YouTube of a user here installing it pretty easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
liebs520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 12:23 PM   #64
JePro
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 / 126600
No easy link or glidelock clasp is a deal-breaker for me.
JePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 12:35 PM   #65
Greg 59
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I believe you’d want the one from the Explorer 1 as it’s all brushed (although idk how visible it’d be anyway). It definitely works, there’s a video on YouTube of a user here installing it pretty easily.

Thanks very much for your response and info. Any chance you could let me have the link to the video. I've searched but to no avail. Cheers in advance!

Greg 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 12:37 PM   #66
liebs520
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregShakeshaft View Post
Thanks very much for your response and info. Any chance you could let me have the link to the video. I've searched but to no avail. Cheers in advance!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0QEfmmG_LRg

Old 19 April 2019, 01:45 PM   #67
H-Watches
"TRF" Member

I love my OP but damn why can’t it have the easy link!

H-Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 11:11 AM   #68
axelbrass
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDL7 View Post
I lived w/o the easylink for months..and it was ok...
But after I installed the easylink on my 34mm OP..and since I work with my hands a lot..and the wrist is always expanding and shrinking..its 100% better..
I'm sure I would luv the glidelock..but I like light non clunky watches..and the easylink is a good simple solution..even if you rarely use it..
Rolex should include on all OP watches..there is no reason in the world not to include it..as it is such a simple fix to a real issue..
I agree. I found an easylink after months of searching and put into my 34mm OP. Now I can't imagine wearing a bracelet that does not have this feature or something similar.
axelbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 11:38 AM   #69
CalSRQ1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 5513
I switch my bracelets between my Exp 1 and my OP39...spoiled by the Easylink, and been too cheap to buy a second one
CalSRQ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 12:26 PM   #70
mmalek1
"TRF" Member

Watch: This one.
I spoiled myself with adding glidelock to both my exp1 and blnr. I use it as needed, because, I am one those rare ones that seem to swell on and off.
♛16610LV, ♛116710BLNR, ♛214270, ♛116610LN, ♛216570, ♛116900, ♛16600, ♛116400GV, ΩSpeedmaster Silver Snoopy 45th and 50th, ΩSpeedmaster ST1, ΩCK859, Seiko Alpinist SPB089, Casio Oceanus S100, Ball DM1020
mmalek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 12:31 PM   #71
007_Omega
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
It's grueling, but watch wearers have had to deal with it for 150 years and managed to struggle through.
It's not the same. I can wear my 16710 and the expansion on my wrist doesn't really bother me that much because the hollow center links allow for natural expansion. On the 6 digit bracelets, it feels like my wrist is being choked. My Speedmaster bracelet was a horror to wear in hot weather.

It was a 100 degrees with a lot of humidity out here not too long ago and I was wearing my Milgauss. Normally, the easy-link is just too much of an expansion but my wrist actually expanded 5mm and it fit my wrist.
007_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 03:39 AM   #72
liebs520
"TRF" Member

PSA: I was able to find an Easylink on eBay and am very thankful that I got it. I’ve been using it frequently this summer.

Had to loop back, knew everyone was worried for me
Old 17 September 2019, 06:28 PM   #73
James Nye 1982
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114300 White
Simple, I broke by wrist when I was a Kid, the means I have one wrist slightly smaller than the other so I just swapped my watch over..
James Nye 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 07:59 PM   #74
abozz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660, 126600
I wear my watch a little bit in the tight zone, then the glidelock is a must have for me, I use it a lot. If I buy a OP39 I will try to wear the bracelet a little bit loose to avoid uncomfort in the day.

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk
abozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 08:22 PM   #75
Thuilln
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch Rob View Post
I just deal with it.
Like everyone has been doing for the last century. It’s not a big deal.

Old 17 September 2019, 08:50 PM   #76
Verdi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Big Ben
I see people saying "why do you need one?" etc etc
If that is the approach.....we can also ask "why do you need a Rolex?"....... why not buy a cheaper watch if anything would do?!

I personally did not buy the OP because of the lack of easylink. I live in a desert climate and I travel a lot, too. I could, of course, have a watch without such a feature, but once I tried it I know it makes my life a lot easier and I want one.

I think Rolex should add this feature to all models. We buy Rolex for their innovations, robust, long-lasting product.
I get it, OP is a no-thrills model but easylink it is almost a necessity for some of us and if I spend +5k usd on a watch....I want it!
Old 17 September 2019, 09:45 PM   #77
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
It's never been an issue for me. The only watch I occasionally use it on is the Pt Daytona which because of its weight I wear a bit tighter than my other watches. I don't use the glidelock on my SD4K as it seems fine the way it is adjusted.
Not quite the same, but i have to wear my WG daytona tighter due to the weight also. It slips down the wrist.

The easylink is used quite a bit in the summer, thankfully it has it.

The glidelock is even better. I can get my subs pretty precise so i don't have to mess.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 09:51 PM   #78
challer
"TRF" Member

Adjust the match to be comfortable on normally hot days. Then live with it when it gets really cold or hot. People have lived for a century without an eazylink.
challer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 11:07 PM   #79
Verdi
"TRF" Member

Just to put things into perspective:

-it costs Rolex less than 100 usd (someone mentioned that was able to order one for 60E) to add this feature to OP. My AD refused to sell me one when I asked and thats why I bought the Explorer instead.

-the closest watch in price to the OP that has easylink is the Explorer. It costs roughly 800 usd more. The main difference between the 2 is the clasp and the easylink. This is the reason why OP comes with no easylink.
Some difference in features must be maintained to justify the price difference.
Old 17 September 2019, 11:09 PM   #80
liebs520
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
Just to put things into perspective:

-it costs Rolex less than 100 usd (someone mentioned that was able to order one for 60E) to add this feature to OP. My AD refused when I asked and thats why I bought the Explorer instead.

-the closest watch in price to the OP that has easylink is the Explorer. It costs roughly 800 usd more. The main difference between the 2 is the clasp and the easylink. This is the reason why OP comes with no easylink.

Nah, Air King is cheaper than Exp1 and has the Easylink. Your point stands either way though.
Old 17 September 2019, 11:17 PM   #81
Verdi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nah, Air King is cheaper than Exp1 and has the Easylink. Your point stands either way though.
How much is the Airking?
I think it is the same price as the Explorer
Old 17 September 2019, 11:27 PM   #82
BobDyl
"TRF" Member

Easylink has spoiled me. I use it every day, multiple times a day. I like having a perfect fit at all times and I think 5mm is the perfect length to adjust between an indoor AC environment and an outdoor, slightly sweaty one. Now I will never consider a piece without microadjustment and have sold pieces from the collection without it. But that's just me...
BobDyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 11:34 PM   #83
toomann
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oyster Perpetual
Since I never had an easy link I really don't know what I'm missing but I generally wear my watch slightly on the loose side so I don't really have a problem with fit. There are times that I would love to be able to loosen it just a tad more but as with all things in life you deal with them. In my case I just take the watch off for a short time. Overall in the large picture of life this is not a big deal.
toomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 11:48 PM   #84
liebs520
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
How much is the Airking?

I think it is the same price as the Explorer

Air King is 6200 USD. Exp1 is 6550 USD.
Old 18 September 2019, 12:17 AM   #85
Verdi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Air King is 6200 USD. Exp1 is 6550 USD.
Thanks, got it!
As you said, the point still stands.
Old 18 September 2019, 02:33 AM   #86
Andrejb
2024 Pledge Member

Oyster Perpetual owners: how do you deal with hot weather without an Easylink???

I don’t even use my easylink on my explorer or my BLRO.

Unfortunately Rolex didn’t really nail it, the size difference between open and closed is pretty drastic. It’s almost impossible for my to find the perfect fit where the watch fits comfortably closed while cool, and open on a hot day.

Originally, when I was using the function I had it sized where the easylink was closed and it was too snug, but open and it was way too loose

So I adjusted it in the closed position so that it wore a little on the looser side, so it wasn’t uncomfortable in cold or warm temps. And now I just don’t use the adjustment at all.

Andrejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 02:34 AM   #87
liebs520
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrejb View Post
I don’t even use my easylink on my explorer or my BLRO.

Unfortunately Rolex didn’t really nail it, the size difference between open and closed is pretty drastic. It’s almost impossible for my to find the perfect fit where the watch fits comfortably closed while cool, and open on a hot day.

Originally, when I was using the function I had it sized where the easylink was closed and it was too snug, but open and it was way too loose

So I adjusted it in the closed position so that it wore a little on the looser side, so it wasn’t uncomfortable in cold or warm temps. And now I just don’t use the adjustment at all.

I agree it’s a bit bigger of an adjustment than it needs to be, and I’m pretty sensitive to humidity. That said, I’d rather it be a bit big than a bit small. They say it’s a 5mm adjustment; I think 3-4 would suffice.
Old 18 September 2019, 05:19 AM   #88
Mperry10
"TRF" Member

First world problems!
Mperry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 06:52 AM   #89
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
I deal with it. Suffer through
Trailboss516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 07:44 AM   #90
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
One of the reasons why I didn't go for the OP but went DJ instead, I didn't know about switching clasps so couldn't even consider it. Shame that there is no adjustment as the OP is such a nice watch.
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote