The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 2 April 2019, 09:45 AM   #61
aa909
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgasparro View Post
Just dropped it at AP 57th st NYC.

Dealt with flagship boutique director Susan Wallace.

She was as close to being as rude as possible without actually being rude.

She claimed things such as this "Don't just happen" and usually "happen with impact" and that the Clearwater service center will be able to determine if there was impact to the watch. If so, she noted this would not be covered under warranty. She said I should hear from them by the end of the week.

If anyone has the contact or name of the manager of that entire boutique (if there is another other than Susan), please let me know.

This woman was unwelcoming, didn't even ask if myself or my friend wanted a water bottle.

I also had my royal oak on and asked to show her a mark that I keep seeing on the crystal. She took a loupe to it and goes "ooo you have a couple of scratches on this, one's a circle on the left side by the 2 hour marker" ... a circle? there's not a chance in hell I scratched that thing in the shape of a circle and didn't notice it. So I took the loupe myself and made sure to show her how I removed the dried up water droplet from the crystal...

My view on that boutique has completely changed. You walk in +$50K deep into the brand and that is how you are treated. A complete joke.
Jesus, that is awful. That's a disappointing experience, I would've likely not been as kind as you were. IMO that's Complete BS on the part of this woman
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2019, 10:24 AM   #62
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
What lousy attitude. And what an absolute noob re the water spot!
Old 2 April 2019, 01:20 PM   #63
DasKptl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
You should have stood your ground like the crazy Tim Hortons lady.

That lady is my hero (or heroine).
DasKptl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2019, 02:16 PM   #64
holdtime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_I View Post
Buy a Rolex.
+ One,
holdtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2019, 02:28 PM   #65
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC1986 View Post
In 2019 you should be able to play gold wearing a luxury sports watch. Just my point of view.
x2! Couldnt agree more!!! That too it's a sports watch not a minute repeater. If you can't play golf with a royal oak offshore on your wrist what are you supposed to do with it?
Old 2 April 2019, 02:36 PM   #66
007timer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
007timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2019, 06:20 PM   #67
karasus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Jesus, that is awful. That's a disappointing experience, I would've likely not been as kind as you were. IMO that's Complete BS on the part of this woman
He could try to call CEO of AP, heard he took calls. Or maybe ask a teenager to call and plead his case, FHB listens to children.

Last edited by karasus; 2 April 2019 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: Rephrase to make sound less offensive
karasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2019, 09:23 PM   #68
kingofthehill
"TRF" Member

I am sorry to hear of your bad luck and that the initial interaction with AP has been below the standard that one would hope for from such a manufacture. Hopefully the service centre will rectify this quickly under the manufacture's warranty and return the watch to you, at which point one would hope that AP will take the opportunity to acknowledge the failure and apologise. Please do keep us informed of how things develop at each step of the process; it is as important that a manufacture like AP is strong in its servicing of existing clients' pieces as it is in other areas of their business.
kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 07:48 AM   #69
Slider817
"TRF" Member

Watch: Journe, AP & Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
Ridiculous statement
If someone spends over $30K for a watch they should at least read up a little about how to treat it. Golf, Shooting, and many sports are well know causes of excessive shock and most mechanical watches should not be worn while doing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC1986 View Post
In 2019 you should be able to play gold wearing a luxury sports watch. Just my point of view.
Pretty much every luxury watch is not intended or designed to be used while playing golf, not really sure why you have that point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker View Post
x2! Couldnt agree more!!! That too it's a sports watch not a minute repeater. If you can't play golf with a royal oak offshore on your wrist what are you supposed to do with it?
It's a luxury mechanical watch, it's meant to be worn poolside at a resort, the sports aspect is just aesthetics. For real sports get a cheap watch like a G-Shock, Seiko or Luminox. I love my APs, I am wearing that same 44MM offshore that the OP had issues with right now, I would never do anything serious with it, maybe a day at the beach is the roughest this watch would encounter.
Slider817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 07:56 AM   #70
pgasparro
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15500Blue&26470IO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider817 View Post
If someone spends over $30K for a watch they should at least read up a little about how to treat it. Golf, Shooting, and many sports are well know causes of excessive shock and most mechanical watches should not be worn while doing them.

Pretty much every luxury watch is not intended or designed to be used while playing golf, not really sure why you have that point of view.

It's a luxury mechanical watch, it's meant to be worn poolside at a resort, the sports aspect is just aesthetics. For real sports get a cheap watch like a G-Shock, Seiko or Luminox. I love my APs, I am wearing that same 44MM offshore that the OP had issues with right now, I would never do anything serious with it, maybe a day at the beach is the roughest this watch would encounter.

https://www.instagram.com/audemarspiguetgolf/?hl=en

Can't have this and claim you can't play golf in the watch. Sorry.
pgasparro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 08:03 AM   #71
HarryLime
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Wow, I didn't know that existed. Well you're certainly right about that.
HarryLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 08:18 AM   #72
mnl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15450ST
Quote:

Yeah, there’s also lots of videos on their YouTube channel which I enjoyed, their most recent ones is playing golf blindfolded. I did take off my 15450 when playing golf to be safe, but from all they show on videos and photos, the offshore seems like it should be able to take it… or that’s what I would expect.
mnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 08:36 AM   #73
Slider817
"TRF" Member

Quote:

It’s just marketing, do what you want with your own watches, but I would subject my watches to that abuse.
Old 3 April 2019, 08:48 AM   #74
pgasparro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s just marketing, do what you want with your own watches, but I would subject my watches to that abuse.
I understand and agree with you to an extent, however, this type of marketing could be considered false advertising. The page clearly shows intention to entice a consumer to spend $20K+ on a watch that they will be able to wear on
a golf course. Imagine how hard a professional golfer hits a golf ball. AP sponsor many many famous golfers worldwide (Ian Poulter is a good example).
Old 3 April 2019, 08:49 AM   #75
pgasparro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnl View Post
Yeah, there’s also lots of videos on their YouTube channel which I enjoyed, their most recent ones is playing golf blindfolded. I did take off my 15450 when playing golf to be safe, but from all they show on videos and photos, the offshore seems like it should be able to take it… or that’s what I would expect.
Any one of the 16.5K followers on their Instagram page should expect exactly the same.
Old 3 April 2019, 10:21 AM   #76
Slider817
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I understand and agree with you to an extent, however, this type of marketing could be considered false advertising. The page clearly shows intention to entice a consumer to spend $20K+ on a watch that they will be able to wear on
a golf course. Imagine how hard a professional golfer hits a golf ball. AP sponsor many many famous golfers worldwide (Ian Poulter is a good example).
I totally hear you on the false advertisement, I can only relate my personal experience, I’ve broken the sapphire crystal two times on my Rolex Milgauss and seriously damaged my JLC master control due to wearing it while riding to school for about a year. This was in my early 20s and after researching many other people’s experiences with super expensive services I’ve come to the conclusion that high end watches should not be used in sports or while doing activities that will damage them.
Old 3 April 2019, 10:35 AM   #77
ezinhk
"TRF" Member

So we decided is not a sports watch after all...lol
ezinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 11:30 AM   #78
Slider817
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezinhk View Post
It’s a sports “lifestyle” watch.
Old 3 April 2019, 12:46 PM   #79
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Agree fully about the advertising.

Also note - a handful of instances of damage are not necessarily indicative that the watch model itself can’t handle a round of golf. It may just be a manufacturing issue on those few individual pieces which then become apparent due to the golf.

Are AP now fixing under warranty OP ?

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 03:16 PM   #80
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezinhk View Post
I broke my 26400IO playing backyard volleyball

AP happily fixed it for free though
Old 3 April 2019, 04:39 PM   #81
tyngshen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's just another way of saying it's a "pretend" sports watch.

AP and Patek make sporty looking dress watches; Rolex makes dressy looking sports watches.
tyngshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 06:17 PM   #82
Rolex Essex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona, DJ & Sub
Quote:
Well that’s new.
Maybe only AP qualifies for that category.
Rolex Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 07:22 PM   #83
mr_gray
"TRF" Member

Watch: SMURF
surely this is just a rare failure. more importantly is that instagram linked ceramic white watch with blue strap available to buy? it looks great!
mr_gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 09:01 PM   #84
pb2au
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on day
Play golf only with my Panerai. (It’s my gardening watch and a beast)

Not risking anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
pb2au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 10:13 PM   #85
pgasparro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
Agree fully about the advertising.

Also note - a handful of instances of damage are not necessarily indicative that the watch model itself can’t handle a round of golf. It may just be a manufacturing issue on those few individual pieces which then become apparent due to the golf.

Are AP now fixing under warranty OP ?
I am waiting to hear back from their team, this is my latest from them:

Dear Mr. ,

I hope that this email finds you well.

I received your contact information today from our website with the request to be contacted by one of our Customer Service Managers.

I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that we were contacted by Mr. Antonio Seward, our CEO, in regards to your concerns with your timepiece.

Your timepiece is in transit to our service center via Brinks from our New York Boutique. We are anticipating its arrival tomorrow and will treat in priority.

As soon as your watch is evaluated by our watchmaker you will be contacted with the initial analysis.

We remain available should you have any further questions or if we may be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Stacy Erb

Audemars Piguet Client Care
Phone: 646-375-0807
Old 3 April 2019, 10:15 PM   #86
pgasparro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I broke my 26400IO playing backyard volleyball

AP happily fixed it for free though
What happened to it?
Did you go directly to Clearwater or through a boutique?
Old 3 April 2019, 10:47 PM   #87
kingofthehill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am waiting to hear back from their team, this is my latest from them:

Dear Mr. ,

I hope that this email finds you well.

I received your contact information today from our website with the request to be contacted by one of our Customer Service Managers.

I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that we were contacted by Mr. Antonio Seward, our CEO, in regards to your concerns with your timepiece.

Your timepiece is in transit to our service center via Brinks from our New York Boutique. We are anticipating its arrival tomorrow and will treat in priority.

As soon as your watch is evaluated by our watchmaker you will be contacted with the initial analysis.

We remain available should you have any further questions or if we may be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Stacy Erb

Audemars Piguet Client Care
Phone: 646-375-0807
And so that we can follow the development, did you contact Mr. Antonio Seward? Would you mind sharing that communication?
kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 10:57 PM   #88
pgasparro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthehill View Post
And so that we can follow the development, did you contact Mr. Antonio Seward? Would you mind sharing that communication?
I messaged him on LinkedIn asking for him to contact me, he called me within 10 minutes of my LinkedIn message. I explained on my LinkedIn message that I did not think I was treated fairly at the boutique.

He called me and was pretty helpful, apologetic, and assured me he would address my concern. Firstly regarding the repair of my watch, as well as how I was treated at the boutique. He told me he was actually on his way to Miami and would be seeing the Head of Client Care that evening, and that I would be contacted the next day, which I was, by APNA Client Care.
Old 3 April 2019, 11:05 PM   #89
simbal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow, since when wearing a watch and play golf is an abuse... Buying an AP and ask me to wear a Casio to play golf is like ask me to buy a 911 but take a corolla to the track!
simbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2019, 11:07 PM   #90
redsubby
"TRF" Member

People should not play golf or sports with nice watches on, even Rolex.
redsubby is offline   Reply With Quote