The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 February 2016, 08:10 AM   #1
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
My BLNR in Orlando

I am currently on holiday/vacation in the Orlando area as I often do.
Today I visited Florida mall and had my annual visit to Mayors. I never attempt to buy from them as they always say no discount etc so now I visit and browse but don't even discuss prices etc as in reality I would never buy from them.

They were extremely complimentary of my BLNR saying they were "hard to get in the Orlando area"- (Every jeweller in the mall complimented my BLNR and seemed to know what it was even the non Rolex jewellers).

They had a lovely sports model selection Including subs, LV, Pepsi WG, and a GMT with diamond bezel for $83,000 that was absolutely stunning. They also had a lovely selection of Daytonas and YMs.

Notable models missing were BLNR and SS Daytona which they said there were waiting lists for both.

We chatted a bit with some pleasantries and I left.

I snapped this photo in my rental car while stuck in traffic leaving the mall lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (92.0 KB, 308 views)
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2016, 08:17 AM   #2
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Nice if you are still there you may want to visit davidsw

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2016, 08:37 AM   #3
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Gotta love the BLNR mine says hi

Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2016, 10:31 AM   #4
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
Nice if you are still there you may want to visit davidsw
Does he have a brick and mortar location or just f2f?
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2016, 12:40 PM   #5
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Yeh I know Davidsw is out here, but to be honest I love my BLNR and don't need to change :)
Old 14 February 2016, 01:10 PM   #6
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
That Mayors in that mall is a poor representation of Rolex AD's in Florida. Not a prayer of a discount and the salespeople are remarkably over confident. Once they hone in on the possibility that you are not buying they won't give you the time of day. They also make one of the biggest mistakes in sales and prejudge people based on their attire. They were the first Rolex AD I had ever visited and they made a terrible impression on me. I left without buying and since have bought 7 Rolexs from another AD that treated me right. I promise there are many other great AD's in Florida including the aforementioned DavidSW who is right in Orlando.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2016, 01:23 PM   #7
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
That Mayors in that mall is a poor representation of Rolex AD's in Florida. Not a prayer of a discount and the salespeople are remarkably over confident. Once they hone in on the possibility that you are not buying they won't give you the time of day. They also make one of the biggest mistakes in sales and prejudge people based on their attire. They were the first Rolex AD I had ever visited and they made a terrible impression on me. I left without buying and since have bought 7 Rolexs from another AD that treated me right. I promise there are many other great AD's in Florida including the aforementioned DavidSW who is right in Orlando.
This was my exact experience. After browsing the Rolex section, I spotted a red bezel breitling and he insisted he showed me it explaining it was a limited edition. It was $6500 apx which shocked me but he kept saying how limited it was and that the price was justified as if I didn't understand how "special" this breitling was. No pieces in the entire shop had prices displayed even Tag Heuer and Mont Blanc which hacked me off and made browsing awkward. He showed me then the red ringed superocean which was cheaper. He said "oh this one has 25% off in our secret sale". I asked what other ones had discount and he said that as its a secret sale he couldn't tell me until I picked a specific model and he would tell me if it qualified for a "secret sale discount". I asked him if any Rolex were in this secret sale and he quietly indicated NO. All rather cloak and dagger and came across rather stupid. he then lost interest very quickly!!
Old 14 February 2016, 01:27 PM   #8
Rolexing24_7
"TRF" Member

Watch: DAYTONAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post

I completely agree with this..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolexing24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2016, 01:32 PM   #9
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
DavidSW is the only AD you really need in Orlando. And he can get you a BLNR or stainless Daytona without going on a waiting list. Mayors? Forget it.
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2016, 01:33 PM   #10
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

I had an SS Daytona and flipped it. Now I have Blnr so i don't need another watch at all. Just enjoyee having a little look at their selection.