The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 28 February 2017, 12:53 AM   #31
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe100 View Post
Well, when you've had your articles on the airking published, then you can disagree with me all you want. You're trying to support your sale if the watch as original and they aren't. Just because you say something, doesn't make it fact, especially when you're just mad that a mod called you out.

Now it's school time.

How do I know? well first off none of these dials ever appeared in ANY rolex advertising, brochures, or master catalogs. Also, this same exact reprint appears on dial colors that were never, ever, ever, ever available. So if A=B and B=C, the damn things are refinished.

If you want to prove this, show me in a 1990-2005 rolex master catalog and I'll apologize and buy the watch from you myself.

Some examples of refinished dials:

The burden is on YOU to find me examples of purple, yellow, and red dial AKs with that font, in any, I mean ANY rolex advertising, catalogs, brochures, etc. Or just that font, on any color dial, anywhere in a rolex publication.

They. Are. Refinished. And so is yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
The Rolex community is fully aware of them. Its the cheat sellers and unsuspecting new buyers that are keeping them alive. None of us would ever buy one and most likely those in the know wouldn't buy one either.
They are eBay special dials. We see them quite often pop up from time to time by someone buying their first Rolex who doesn't know any better. Most of the time only because it was the only one they could afford. Usually the fake dial model is priced hundreds less. Unfortunately, we have to tell them that the dial is a fake and sometimes other cost saving components are fake as well. Why do you keep trying to convince yourself that these dials are real? They are fake, accept it.
Same goes for the illusive Tudor red Ranger. They are littered everywhere on eBay. Doesnt mean they are real. Tudor has never made a real red Ranger. Dials are 100% fake. They pop up on here all the time for evaluation.
Thanks for the tutorial guys.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2017, 01:47 AM   #32
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

A peculiar font that's also on replica dials (not original Rolex dial that's been refinished). Very good Refinishers find fonts that are much closer...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLEX-AIR-KI...cAAOSwJ7RYUMYC

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2017, 02:17 AM   #33
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
A peculiar font that's also on replica dials (not original Rolex dial that's been refinished). Very good Refinishers find fonts that are much closer...

Is this a typical example? The printing isn't particularly clean. Some of the letter edges appear smudged.
Old 28 February 2017, 02:23 AM   #34
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

True not crisp but that's also due to low resolution picture. The Air-King scripted font is what I wanted to illustrate.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2017, 02:26 AM   #35
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
True not crisp but that's also due to low resolution picture. The Air-King scripted font is what I wanted to illustrate.
Thanks Paul.

FWIW, the smudged edges appear in the same locations on both the eBay images.