The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 February 2020, 02:31 AM   #1
Strad
"TRF" Member

Rolex Servicing Info

I called the RSC in New York. I was told the basic service starts at $750. Depending on the parts needed it can go up. Usually a new crown, $50. Maybe a crystal. The jeweler doing the servicing decides on whether or not the crown or crystal needs to be replaced. The crystal is examined with magnification. So, you may not have any obvious chips or cracks. But, if you have some minor scratching it could be replaced. The bezel insert replacement is left up to you if it's a cosmetic issue.

I didn't ask, but from what I've read small parts prone to wear are replaced as part of the overall service.

It shouldn't matter whether you take it to an AD or send it directly to them.

My AD said it would cost around $1000. Maybe from his experience, they usually replace the crown and crystal which would bump it up from $750 to around $1000.

The customer service rep was patient and courteous.
Strad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2020, 02:36 AM   #2
somthingnew
"TRF" Member

My last service a few months ago was $988 form RSC in NY. They find little things and recommend replacement like crown and bezel. I thought my watch was perfect but I as ok with the service. So this is close to the AD estimate.
somthingnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2020, 03:17 AM   #3
smym18
"TRF" Member

The AD probably just said around $1000 as an estimate. Every time I've sent a Rolex to RSC with even the slightest chip on a crystal, they've required it to be replaced.
smym18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2020, 04:27 AM   #4
robertdesalvo
"TRF" Member

Rolex Servicing Info

My 16600 is in for service at RSC NYC right now. Below, you will see the full cost.

NECESSARY SERVICE / PARTS
l Full service........................................... .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 750.00
l Replace crown............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................... 0.00
l CROWN WITH GASKET 704 ST................................................ .................................................. ................................... 46.00
Necessary Service/Parts Total 796.00
Shipping & Handling 0.00
Additional Sales Tax 70.65
Total Necessary Service/Parts Charges 866.65
OPTIONAL SERVICE ITEM(S)
All prices exclude additional sales taxes, shipping and handling charges.
l Replace disc for bezel............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...... 0.00
l 60MIN INSERT 16660 BLACK............................................. .................................................. ....................................... 40.00
Optional Service Item(s) Total 40.00
Additional Sales Tax 3.55
Total Optional Service Item(s) / Parts Charges 43.55
TOTAL CHARGES FOR ALL SERVICE/PARTS 910.20
robertdesalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2020, 06:41 AM   #5
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
My last bill was 935 Euro including optional crystal which I accepted.
Very cheap after 20 years of daily wear and never being serviced.
Glad that Rolex doesn't look at other brands to compare service costs.

AD might charge you a small mark up. Only logical since they do all the arrangements
Old 15 February 2020, 06:45 AM   #6
wappinghigh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14270 14060
yeh nobody prices in service costs when they think they are up a fortune on the "value" of their Rolex........
wappinghigh is offline   Reply With Quote