The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 21 October 2014, 10:36 PM   #151
texex91
"TRF" Member

Huge thanks edo for post of RM11's. I would love to see Phantom and Singapore F1 in person.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2014, 11:36 PM   #152
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Huge thanks edo for post of RM11's. I would love to see Phantom and Singapore F1 in person.
Black Phantom looks great on live pics...

There is final part with titanium models... I appreciate any other info, and missing press pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ti.jpg (101.1 KB, 746 views)
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2014, 12:20 AM   #153
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Great effort Edo - I need to cross reference this with some of my files. The Italia is actually a DLC piece, and the Ti Le Mans Green is 150 pieces.
conkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2014, 12:28 AM   #154
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
Great effort Edo - I need to cross reference this with some of my files. The Italia is actually a DLC piece, and the Ti Le Mans Green is 150 pieces.
Yes, you are right, I will change that... there is a lot more gold, ceramic etc on page 5 of this thread so any other info will be great...

Also, didnt find exact info on Chronopasion models... ti and Ti DLC I suppose...
Old 22 October 2014, 01:09 AM   #155
conkers
"TRF" Member

I will do some digging. There are some very rare platinum versions too. Plus a Texas version I think.
Old 22 October 2014, 02:56 AM   #156
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I will do some digging. There are some very rare platinum versions too. Plus a Texas version I think.
Texas is carbon too... I forgot that one :)... and what about models with diamonds, rubis etc... they are all aftermarket or produced by RM?
Old 22 October 2014, 06:21 AM   #157
texex91
"TRF" Member

Visited RM LV today and was VERY disappointed. What terrible service.

Walked in (keep in mind I'm in a suit (no tie) because of a conference I'm attending at Cosmo, and sporting my RM11. Walk in and get the stare down--kinda cold, rude, etc. Asked if they had the Black Phantom, and got the "that's special order only--too hard to find, blah, blah".

Okay fine, so started to look around (keep in mind my RM is under my sleeve). Lady starts asking if this is my dream watch...what--WTF??? I replied well, certainly there are several pieces that interest me. She then asks what brands I like--told her AP, Patek, RM. She says well RM is very special, yada, yada...and at that point I had enough of her attitude.

Said yes, I like my RM11...and she says "oh you have it on"--duh "yes--here--see". Gheesh. Still bad attitude. Then they did have some very neat pieces, and now knowing I'm at least a client, I asked if I could take a picture of two of them--NO, NO PICTURES PERIOD...WTF! At that point I was getting ready to leave, and thought well let me have some fun with her--I asked if I could try on the Duel Time, and she says "you will need to make an appointment"---I just laughed and left.

WOW, what a bad taste in my mouth that place was. Never will return.

This was the closest I could take a pic...
Old 22 October 2014, 06:56 AM   #158
edo
"TRF" Member

That's not bad attitude, that's stupid attitude... who train those people to act like this? Is RM policy "Shit on boutique visitors even ones with RM on the wrist"...
Old 22 October 2014, 07:07 AM   #159
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
That's not bad attitude, that's stupid attitude... who train those people to act like this? Is RM policy "Shit on boutique visitors even ones with RM on the wrist"...
No from my impression, they *hit on everyone, with or without an RM at that Boutique

Great news my RM AD is amazing! I sure hope this one lady is a bad apple in the bunch at LV Boutique.
Old 22 October 2014, 08:24 AM   #160
martinr
"TRF" Member

Paul you should of asked her if she had the RM-PMS to try on!
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2014, 09:59 AM   #161
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Visited RM LV today and was VERY disappointed. What terrible service.

Walked in (keep in mind I'm in a suit (no tie) because of a conference I'm attending at Cosmo, and sporting my RM11. Walk in and get the stare down--kinda cold, rude, etc. Asked if they had the Black Phantom, and got the "that's special order only--too hard to find, blah, blah".

Okay fine, so started to look around (keep in mind my RM is under my sleeve). Lady starts asking if this is my dream watch...what--WTF??? I replied well, certainly there are several pieces that interest me. She then asks what brands I like--told her AP, Patek, RM. She says well RM is very special, yada, yada...and at that point I had enough of her attitude.

Said yes, I like my RM11...and she says "oh you have it on"--duh "yes--here--see". Gheesh. Still bad attitude. Then they did have some very neat pieces, and now knowing I'm at least a client, I asked if I could take a picture of two of them--NO, NO PICTURES PERIOD...WTF! At that point I was getting ready to leave, and thought well let me have some fun with her--I asked if I could try on the Duel Time, and she says "you will need to make an appointment"---I just laughed and left.

WOW, what a bad taste in my mouth that place was. Never will return.

This was the closest I could take a pic...

This sounds like a near carbon copy of my experience when I walked in to the Patek Philipe Boutique at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore few months ago. This is a boutique run by the local Patek AD that carries PP watches exclusively, not a Patek Salon. Also same as your case, very snotty attitude, no pictures allowed, reluctant to show me the watches etc. Basically, the attitude saying indirectly "you aren't worth their time so I am not going to be bothered with you".

I was so furious and piss-off right after that experience that not only did I swear never to return, I went one step further and wrote a strong complaint to the management of that AD and when they did not response properly, directly to Patek Philippe. PP took the complaint very seriously and actually carried out an investigation ending in the said staff getting reprimanded and sent for "customer service training".

Really, if they intend to be so hostile to walk-in customers, perhaps they should just hang the signboard outside the door saying "by appointment only" and receive only clients that proof their watch collection and bank account.
benlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2014, 11:05 PM   #162
conkers
"TRF" Member

Pretty shocking really - but I have experienced this so many times in so many different locations and with so many different brands that I have lost count. It really drives me nuts. I try and take down the name of the assistant and write in when it is particularly bad.

Edo, I didn't refer to the jewelled versions as I think they are all so awful they don't deserve to be on this excellent thread nor sully your excellent database.
Old 22 October 2014, 11:45 PM   #163
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
Paul you should of asked her if she had the RM-PMS to try on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
This sounds like a near carbon copy of my experience when I walked in to the Patek Philipe Boutique at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore few months ago. This is a boutique run by the local Patek AD that carries PP watches exclusively, not a Patek Salon. Also same as your case, very snotty attitude, no pictures allowed, reluctant to show me the watches etc. Basically, the attitude saying indirectly "you aren't worth their time so I am not going to be bothered with you".

I was so furious and piss-off right after that experience that not only did I swear never to return, I went one step further and wrote a strong complaint to the management of that AD and when they did not response properly, directly to Patek Philippe. PP took the complaint very seriously and actually carried out an investigation ending in the said staff getting reprimanded and sent for "customer service training".

Really, if they intend to be so hostile to walk-in customers, perhaps they should just hang the signboard outside the door saying "by appointment only" and receive only clients that proof their watch collection and bank account.
It's amazing that this is a RM OWNED Boutique. You would think that they would want to represent the BRAND, be nice, answer questions--after all when you're sporting six figure watches you have to assume the person MAYBE a buyer. What pisses me off, the whole air of being a complete *itch. If I had rolled in with cut off shorts and a tee shirt, drinking a beer out of a cup, I'd understand a little more reservation. But really, you're not even going to show me a watch now--like you said, just keep the store closed.

Quote:
Pretty shocking really - but I have experienced this so many times in so many different locations and with so many different brands that I have lost count. It really drives me nuts. I try and take down the name of the assistant and write in when it is particularly bad.
Oh, I understand, and agree. Plenty of attitude to go around at ALL brands and AD's. I was hoping it would be a little different with RM (especially a Boutique). I'm in LV until Fri, so if I have time I'm going to walk back by and see if there is someone else inside and try again. See if they stop me from even taking pictures outside the store.

Oh well...C'est la vie.
Old 22 October 2014, 11:47 PM   #164
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Roger (and who ever else that may have extensive experience with RM) can you explain how the Ti DLC would hold up to scratches, etc? I admit a RM11 has been on my mind on/off for a few years now, but I'm also very OCD with scratches. Would DLC hold up against scratches or am I left to stick to find one in ceramic?

I'm assuming Ti and RG will both scratch/pick up hairlines under normal use?

Thanks
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2014, 12:05 AM   #165
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14roller View Post
Roger (and who ever else that may have extensive experience with RM) can you explain how the Ti DLC would hold up to scratches, etc? I admit a RM11 has been on my mind on/off for a few years now, but I'm also very OCD with scratches. Would DLC hold up against scratches or am I left to stick to find one in ceramic?

I'm assuming Ti and RG will both scratch/pick up hairlines under normal use?

Thanks
First congrats on heading into RM land! You will LOVE the RM11--as you know I just cannot take it off. So comfortable and perfect in my book. I'll let the real RM experts answer your question, but so for on my Ti, nada. It seems very resistant and I wear short sleeves most of the time.

Let us know your thoughts on which one you are thinking about. PM me if you have any questions
Old 23 October 2014, 12:37 AM   #166
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Strangely enough, I fear it more when I have long sleeves on! Lol. Sleeves always seem to drag tiny hairlines across the watch over time and it drives me nuts. Led me to sell my first love a few years back...my beloved Panda ROO...
Old 23 October 2014, 12:39 AM   #167
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Edo - for Ti, there may be two more...one is a sandblasted Ti, and the other with GMT function...
Old 23 October 2014, 01:27 AM   #168
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14roller View Post
Edo - for Ti, there may be two more...one is a sandblasted Ti, and the other with GMT function...
Thanks s14roller. I made chrono only database, didn't include GMT and Roberto Mancini Models 011-01 and 011-02. About sandblasted model, any more info? Press pic, limited number etc... if I'm right Spa and All Grey are also sandblasted ti RMs...

Will update all tomorrow, and make link to one gigantic file with all models listed...
Old 23 October 2014, 01:27 AM   #169
el1125
Banned

Paul

That is totally pathetic service. Especially when customers like us are the reason they actually have a job there. I've been lucky I guess and never experienced this.
el1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2014, 03:51 AM   #170
s14roller
"TRF" Member

I don't know the specs, but here's a pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (23.7 KB, 687 views)
Old 23 October 2014, 06:17 AM   #171
h999r
Banned

Watch: -ing Barts.
Here it is ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (98.8 KB, 681 views)
h999r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2014, 06:20 AM   #172
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h999r View Post
Here it is ...
Nice shot HR
Old 23 October 2014, 10:20 AM   #173
conkers
"TRF" Member

I owned my Marcus Ti DLC for nearly 2 years and wore it extensively - it was pretty immaculate after that time, but you could just see the coating was wearing thin on the leading edge of the side of the bezel, barely noticeable, but it was there. The WG and RG ones are very soft, my WG is pretty immaculate, but I expect it will start to show scratches fairly quickly - that bothers some people, not others. I prefer a pretty immaculate watch so am very careful with it. Carbon is more resilient although I have seen some abused ones that look poor. Ceramic is probably the best bet if you want one to look pristine for as long as possible.
Old 23 October 2014, 08:36 PM   #174
edo
"TRF" Member

All updated in one post by your comments... thanks guys...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ti.jpg (102.7 KB, 656 views)
File Type: jpg gold.jpg (90.1 KB, 650 views)
File Type: jpg tidlc.jpg (116.0 KB, 658 views)
File Type: jpg other.jpg (88.4 KB, 654 views)
File Type: jpg carbon.jpg (97.5 KB, 661 views)
Old 23 October 2014, 09:14 PM   #175
edo
"TRF" Member

And there is Nadal models...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RAFA PSD.jpg (68.8 KB, 658 views)
Old 23 October 2014, 11:40 PM   #176
conkers
"TRF" Member

White Phantom?
Black Phantom?
White Demon?
Brown Ceramic Asia Edition?
ATZ Polo St Tropez?
Ti Chronopassion?
All Black? It looks like the Beverly Hills version - wonder if same?

There's definitely more........
Old 24 October 2014, 12:25 AM   #177
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
White Phantom?
Black Phantom?
White Demon?
Brown Ceramic Asia Edition?
ATZ Polo St Tropez?
Ti Chronopassion?
All Black? It looks like the Beverly Hills version - wonder if same?

There's definitely more........
First 4 listed under ceramic models on page 5 :)...
Chronopassion had Ti and DLC model? VIPwatch sold one black, DLC I suppose...

And there is YB graphic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blake.jpg (69.7 KB, 641 views)
Old 24 October 2014, 03:20 AM   #178
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I owned my Marcus Ti DLC for nearly 2 years and wore it extensively - it was pretty immaculate after that time, but you could just see the coating was wearing thin on the leading edge of the side of the bezel, barely noticeable, but it was there. The WG and RG ones are very soft, my WG is pretty immaculate, but I expect it will start to show scratches fairly quickly - that bothers some people, not others. I prefer a pretty immaculate watch so am very careful with it. Carbon is more resilient although I have seen some abused ones that look poor. Ceramic is probably the best bet if you want one to look pristine for as long as possible.
Thanks, Roger. Sounds like Ti DLC would hold up well and have plenty of design choices.
Old 24 October 2014, 10:20 AM   #179
conkers
"TRF" Member

Ah sorry Edo, I missed that section when I read your summary a few posts ago!

I think the Chronopassion was DLC only, but may be wrong.
Old 24 October 2014, 06:25 PM   #180
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ah sorry Edo, I missed that section when I read your summary a few posts ago!

I think the Chronopassion was DLC only, but may be wrong.
thanks, will change in my database.

Here is 056 graphic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAP.jpg (84.3 KB, 600 views)

Tags
011 , 011-03 , 035 , 035-02 , richard mille