The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 April 2006, 03:39 AM   #1
infoe
"TRF" Member

Watch: '06 SS DJ OYSTER
Need help...to buy Presidential Day-Date for Resale (pics)

Hello all...I know its been a while since Ive posted but Ive been reading and following closely...My dad's business partner wants to sell his Day-date. I have it here in my hands will post pics shortly...One Year old Yellow Gold/Black Dial Diamond hour markers (which is newly placed I have the receipt for it). Its in mint condition...I would say perfect condition if not for the tiny tiny nick it has by the crown. SPANISH DAY MARKERS. He gave it to my dad to give it to me to see if I wanted to buy it...he hasnt told my dad how much he wants for it. I want to know how much I could potentially get for it. Would probably reinvest the profits and get myself a nice new Datejust or Daytona. No I dont want to keep it. How much can I get...should I ask for it? Sorry for Fuzzy pics

Last edited by infoe; 19 April 2006 at 03:40 AM..
infoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2006, 04:22 AM   #2
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
...well, those are very fuzzy pics! So far, it looks like it is a pre-2000 design, so it is at least 5/6 years old. New style (118238) has solid center links; it is heavier and more expensive. It looks like this is a 18238; price wise; I would do a quick search on different pre-owned Rolex sites to get a feel for market.
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2006, 05:04 AM   #3
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardoG
...well, those are very fuzzy pics! So far, it looks like it is a pre-2000 design, so it is at least 5/6 years old. New style (118238) has solid center links; it is heavier and more expensive. It looks like this is a 18238; price wise; I would do a quick search on different pre-owned Rolex sites to get a feel for market.
Gerard,

All full YG Rollies have solid centre links...as does this one!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2006, 05:40 AM   #4
infoe
"TRF" Member

JJ...could you give me a rough estimate? where would be best place to sell it? Ebay? or is there a site that you can sell/trade.
Old 19 April 2006, 05:51 AM   #5
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoe
JJ...could you give me a rough estimate? where would be best place to sell it? Ebay? or is there a site that you can sell/trade.
Some more info on the watch would be helpful. For example, the serial number, i.e. the alphabet and the first 3 numbers. Some of the guys on our forum are more well versed with these kind of models. I'm not too sure about ebay as I've never dealth with those guys.

Just start off with the serial number and I'm sure some of the guys here will be able to help out.

Good luck - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 19 April 2006, 07:45 AM   #6
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
JJ: You are right! Sorry!
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2006, 09:03 AM   #7
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Jeez! Those are some of the worst photos I have ever seen of a Rolex. And a DD no less. Can you ask for better pics? I would!!!

Last edited by Prince; 19 April 2006 at 09:04 AM..
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2006, 10:55 AM   #8
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince
Jeez! Those are some of the worst photos I have ever seen of a Rolex. And a DD no less. Can you ask for better pics? I would!!!
Well, let's go easy on the new guy. In all fairness, he has admitted that the pics are fuzzy....I think we get the general idea about what the watch looks like....just a price we need for him. If he can come back with the serial number, then it would make it easier.

Cheers - JJ

Old 19 April 2006, 10:56 AM   #9
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Well, let's go easy on the new guy. In all fairness, he has admitted that the pics are fuzzy....I think we get the general idea about what the watch looks like....just a price we need for him. If he can come back with the serial number, then it would make it easier.

Cheers - JJ

Maybe the new guy is the same age as Ed or possibly JJ... and he took his glasses off to shoot the pix. ROTFLMAO!

J/K of course, new guy. :~)
Old 19 April 2006, 10:58 AM   #10
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Maybe the new guy is the same age as Ed or possibly JJ... and he took his glasses off to shoot the pix. ROTFLMAO!

J/K of course, new guy. :~)
Hey Johnny,

You got a touch of "Manateeitis"? Why no more regular smileys?

Old 19 April 2006, 11:00 AM   #11
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Hey Johnny,

You got a touch of "Manateeitis"? Why no more regular smileys?
They don't work from my home PC and I have zero interest in fixing the problem.
Old 19 April 2006, 11:17 AM   #12
Mrdi
Banned

JJ may wear glasses but he does have a youngish attitude.
I don't hear no sheep complainin.
Mrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2006, 11:38 AM   #13
infoe
"TRF" Member

Damn...I searched all of web so I wouldnt have to ask such a noobish question....where can I find the serial number on the watch? Also I figured out how to put camera into microscope mode so heres a bit better pics....

Last edited by infoe; 19 April 2006 at 11:49 AM..
Old 19 April 2006, 11:38 AM   #14
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdi
JJ may wear glasses but he does have a youngish attitude.
I don't hear no sheep complainin.
That's cause the sheep have nothing to do with my glasses...only my youngish attitude!!

Old 19 April 2006, 11:40 AM   #15
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Damn...I searched all of web so I wouldnt have to ask such a noobish question....where can I find the serial number on the watch? Also my camera is a stylish little digital camera...not good for up close shots...
You would have to take off the bracelet for that, pal.

The serial number is on the case of the watch at 6 o'clock. The model number is situated at 12 o'clock.

JJ

Model No. at '12'...

Last edited by JJ Irani; 19 April 2006 at 11:41 AM..
Old 19 April 2006, 11:43 AM   #16
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Damn...I searched all of web so I wouldnt have to ask such a noobish question....where can I find the serial number on the watch? Also my camera is a stylish little digital camera...not good for up close shots...
If it's a digital camera it will have MACRO mode.

MACRO mode is indicated by a small yellow lotus on the picture frame. Place the watch on a solid surface, then using MACRO mode on the camera, place the camera on a solid surface and take the picture. Your hand has to be rock steady in MACRO mode or the picture will be fuzzy.

Good luck - JJ

Old 19 April 2006, 11:57 AM   #17
infoe
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the help all....If you look up I edited and reposted some pics...I'm going to wait till tommorow till he gives my dad a price that he wants to sell it for. the guy is embarrassed to tell my dad a price because its a good friendship that they have. In any case if the price seems decent I guess I'll take it to a mayors to have the bracelet removed so I can get model and serial number....