The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 April 2006, 05:31 AM   #31
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Where's a smart-arsed engineer when you need one?
Oh, I'm one of those, too. BSEE (with honors) 1967 Geo. Washington University.

And as an engineer, I was out of date the moment I graduated.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2006, 05:44 AM   #32
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex

I know you are... but you've been at the trough too long as a lawyer to make any claim to that title. I meant someone who makes their living as an engineer. You know... the typical a-hole engineer who likes to put lawyers in their place.

Last edited by Atomic; 20 April 2006 at 05:45 AM..
Old 20 April 2006, 06:03 AM   #33
AJC
"TRF" Member

Whats the most exciting thing about owning a Rolex.

a) I love the resale.(One day I am going to get one and keep it for longer than six months.)
b) I enjoy the mystery that it creates from non WIS folk.
c) I like the other owners who get on forums,even the Canadians
d) I love the overall package.The mechanics and the precision,etc.
e) Shamefully,I love the exclusiveness.

finally,

I don't know why I really like them,it seems to be a fatal attraction and it keeps growing.

Aaron
AJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2006, 09:25 AM   #34
----

Quote:
Al, where's the lie in that statement. Neither statement is a lie.

BTW, did you know that lawyers are the third oldest profession?

The second oldest is advertising; and the lawyers were then needed to get the adverisers out of jail when they kept getting busted.
Well, I edited out more lawyer disinformation and replaced it with the appropriate icons. ;-)

The lie is the lie of omission Ed, and you know it!

By the way, I think you are the oldest profession (and yes I realize that is prostitution).

The more you try to lawyer your way out of this conversation, the more you prove my points. Keep up the good work!

LOL!

Old 20 April 2006, 09:25 AM   #35
----

Quote:
I know you are... but you've been at the trough too long as a lawyer to make any claim to that title. I meant someone who makes their living as an engineer. You know... the typical a-hole engineer who likes to put lawyers in their place.

I resemble that remark!!
Old 20 April 2006, 09:28 AM   #36
----

Quote:

Sorry, electrical doesn't count (according to us mechanical guys). :-p~~~

LOL! Okay, enough Ed bashing for one day. Cheers mate!
Old 20 April 2006, 12:43 PM   #37
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:

Damn, a lawyer and engineer? You have wasted more brain cells than I started with.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2006, 03:24 PM   #38
C.J.
"TRF" Member

The only good lawyer is the one working for you. The absolute worst lawyer is the one representing the arsehole suing you. The very bottom of the barrel are the criminal defense attorneys. If the POS they were defending had have done to them what the POS was indited for they would be screaming bloody murder. That is of course, unless they're defending you
Old 20 April 2006, 09:46 PM   #39
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.
The only good lawyer is the one working for you. The absolute worst lawyer is the one representing the arsehole suing you. The very bottom of the barrel are the criminal defense attorneys. If the POS they were defending had have done to them what the POS was indited for they would be screaming bloody murder. That is of course, unless they're defending you
Come on noe Craig, as someone who works in the "system" (or is that "works the system"?) you know that in order for it to work you need criminal defense lawyers to make sure you cops don't railroad the people you pick to take the fall for your crimes.........

LOL!

Seriously though, everyone deserves a good defense and certainly a lawyer doesn't need to be in agreement with what has been done to defend the person. Even then innocent people still get convicted.
Old 20 April 2006, 10:07 PM   #40
Atomic

Funny, I thought the only good lawyer was a dead one.

This coming from the son of a lawyer AND law professor.
Old 20 April 2006, 11:12 PM   #41
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Funny, I thought the only good lawyer was a dead one.

This coming from the son of a lawyer AND law professor.
You guys are just jealous that we have to work 6 days a week, 12-14 hours/day to keep up with clients who want their questions answered before they ask them; clients who then don't want to pay your bill because they've already gotten the information they needed and after all, the answer was obvious anyway. Or they don't like the answer you gave them because it keeps them from doing what they wanted to do, which was to commit antitrust violations, or engage in patent or trademark infringement (and then they get really pissed off at you when they get sued and get hit for millions in damages), or commit securities law violations and get the SEC down on them, or the advice tells them not to do a myriad other things that would make them a lot of money in the short term but would run them afoul of any number of laws, some of them with criminal consequences that could land them in jail (e.g. Enron).

So I know it's just jealousy that causes you to take digs at us lowly toilers in the trenches.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2006, 03:59 AM   #42
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Al, if you want to get rid of the lawyers, get rid of the lawmakers first. We don't make the laws; we merely use the laws to our clients' advantage. If there were no laws to interpret, there would be no need for lawyers.

So everytime you vote to send a representative to Congress or Parliament or whereever it is you vote to send them to "represent" you, you are doing us lawyers a great service. Because your representatives are in the governing body to make laws. Laws are written in words; words are always subject to interpretation. And that's where we lawyers come in.

What most people haven't figured out (and I may be violating our code of secrecy by telling you this) is that any change in the law always helps one group of people. Can you guess which group that is?

So Al, the bottom line is, if you want to get rid of the lawyers, first get rid of the lawmakers. Until you do that, just sit down and quitchyerbellyachin'.
Apologies for joining in the high-jack of this thread.

Let's look at our over-regulated society for a moment. Why are there so many bleeding rules and regulations about what you can and can't do, and when you can and can't do it? Could it be because lawyers could make money out of unpicking all this sh!t?.Right on brother

Why are there adverts on TV with slogans like "where there's blame, there's a claim"? Could it be because lawyers can make even more bloody money out of it?

Bloody useless judges -- how many of them fek up decisions or make things unclear, so that there can be appeals and debates and what not, making more bloody easy money for the bleeding you dry lawyers.

Not to mention all these bloody government enquiries especially in the UK -- here is just one. So far it has cost £115 MILLION POUNDS and is expected to reach £160 MILLION POUNDS. Because 14 people died in 1972, for christs the sake. I mean, I'm sorry for them and all, but Jesus, half their relatives must be bloody dead by now anyway. Who gives a toss, and what the hell would it change -- Even if it wasn't just a complete bloody whitewash, which every enquiry seems to be!

And politicians, how many bloody politicians used to be lawyers? What do the buggers do? Promote more arcane, incomprehensible and unenforceable laws to generate more work for bleeding lawyers. Tony Blair is a bloody lawyer and his Mrs, and of course, so is Old Slobgob.

And the ars#oles from Health and Safety only have the power to fek us around that they do because some wise-arse toss-pot of a lawyer "sought justice for his client".Lest we forget, the justice system was set up by bleeding lawyers, so its hardly surprising the rules are heavily weighed in their bleeding favour. The same applies to the government which was set up by the ruling elite for the ruling elite,yes its those blood sucking lawyers again.
Most Lawyers are Ultimate air thieves. But our Ed is a very nice man.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2006, 04:27 AM   #43
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56
"sought justice for his client".Lest we forget, the justice system was set up by bleeding lawyers, so its hardly surprising the rules are heavily weighed in their bleeding favour. The same applies to the government which was set up by the ruling elite for the ruling elite,yes its those blood sucking lawyers again.
Most Lawyers are Ultimate air thieves. But our Ed is a very nice man.
Another 'Padi Power Rant'!

Last year a man in my country bashed in his wife’s skull in her sleep and strangled both their children with his bare hands. After that, he got rid of the bodies and reported them missing. Why? Because he had a Polish mistress and wanted to marry her.

Of course he got caught and confessed. He was sentenced to life in January. In The Netherlands a life sentence is just that: you will die in jail, with no possibility for appeal. Serves the bastard right.

But his lawyer doesn’t agree. “To harsh a sentence”, followed by a long winding legal explanation. The audacity by this criminal to challenge his sentence is just baffling. The bloody coward! I know any lawyer will try to achieve the maximum for his or her client and even have sworn an oath on this but sometimes I think: “you could try a little less harder counselor”.
Old 21 April 2006, 04:50 AM   #44
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
In our local paper, there was a drug bust, over 225 kilos pot, plus cash, plus hard drugs. Apparently this fellow who got arrested will be getting off, because of some "technicallity"
I like the US southern cops approach "BANG" "Stop or I'll shoot"

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2006, 05:01 AM   #45
Atomic

Frans, the guy should have done the murders in Canada....

A life sentace means 25 years with eligibility for parole after 12 years. That is, however, unless you're designated a 'dangerous offender' meaning they can keep you as long as they want.

Wouldn't you think anyone who would murder is automatically labelled a dangerous offender. Particularly if he can kill his own children?
Old 21 April 2006, 05:06 AM   #46
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Frans, the guy should have done the murders in Canada....

A life sentace means 25 years with eligibility for parole after 12 years. That is, however, unless you're designated a 'dangerous offender' meaning they can keep you as long as they want.

Wouldn't you think anyone who would murder is automatically labelled a dangerous offender. Particularly if he can kill his own children?
John, behavior like his really, really pisses me off! Not one word of remorse, nothing and than the bloody gall to challenge your life sentence. It is quite rare to be on the receiving end of a life sentence but believe me, the one’s who get it deserve something worse!
Old 21 April 2006, 05:14 AM   #47
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwatch
John, behavior like his really, really pisses me off! Not one word of remorse, nothing and than the bloody gall to challenge your life sentence. It is quite rare to be on the receiving end of a life sentence but believe me, the one’s who get it deserve something worse!
I couldn't agree more. And it pisses me off to have my tax dollars pay for their sorry ass to rot in prison.
Old 21 April 2006, 10:50 AM   #48
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

This hijack has been taken to a whole new level boys!!

Old 21 April 2006, 11:37 AM   #49
Rto
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ-AP-PP-Rolex
Hey JJ,
This thread is dead...Try start a new one...

Last edited by Rto; 21 April 2006 at 11:39 AM..
Rto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2006, 01:05 PM   #50
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rto
Hey JJ,

Old 21 April 2006, 05:21 PM   #51
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rto
Hey JJ,
Nothing new on TRF....been there and done that a million times!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2006, 10:52 PM   #52
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwatch
Another 'Padi Power Rant'!

Last year a man in my country bashed in his wife’s skull in her sleep and strangled both their children with his bare hands. After that, he got rid of the bodies and reported them missing. Why? Because he had a Polish mistress and wanted to marry her.

Of course he got caught and confessed. He was sentenced to life in January. In The Netherlands a life sentence is just that: you will die in jail, with no possibility for appeal. Serves the bastard right.

But his lawyer doesn’t agree. “To harsh a sentence”, followed by a long winding legal explanation. The audacity by this criminal to challenge his sentence is just baffling. The bloody coward! I know any lawyer will try to achieve the maximum for his or her client and even have sworn an oath on this but sometimes I think: “you could try a little less harder counselor”.
Agree Frans there are two sayings in the UK. the law is a ass.And there is a law for the rich, and a law for the poor.Unfortunatly in todays society the second one is now getting very very true.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote