The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 27 December 2018, 09:20 PM   #121
Majin Buu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust now
Is the OP actually following this thread?

Cheers ��

J.
Old 27 December 2018, 09:22 PM   #122
nachopc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Only
In my area you have to buy a gold watch then you can have a steel one.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 27 December 2018, 09:40 PM   #123
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
its fun to read people responding hours and pages later not realizing its totally made up and spewing their fake outrage at a fake story. Then i pretend its really annoying that this thread was even created at all, but its hilarious
case in point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalau View Post
True mafia methods - AD’s like these are just plain simple idiots ...
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 27 December 2018, 09:43 PM   #124
juktagt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Unbelievable.

Could it seem that some AD’s are taking advatage of this shortage in their own power in sales?
Old 27 December 2018, 09:44 PM   #125
jalau
"TRF" Member

Quote:
case in point
And in the same way is it too bad, that you can’t see the difference between a “real” post and a sarcastic one ...
Old 27 December 2018, 09:46 PM   #126
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalau View Post
And in the same way is it too bad, that you can’t see the difference between a “real” post and a sarcastic one ...
that's what emojis are for
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 27 December 2018, 09:47 PM   #127
RolexNC82
"TRF" Member

Definitely put the AD on here. That is Ridiculous!
Old 27 December 2018, 09:48 PM   #128
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmp View Post
Well, time zones not withstanding, this poster joined *Tomorrow* and has one single post to his name, a little suspect to me.

"Getting the Sub ready" makes no sense either: why would they remove the stickers, hang tags, resize the bracelet and create a warranty card *BEFORE* customer agreed to the 'gun to the head' blackmailing salesman.
Yes, I realise I'm *assuming* the stickers / tags/etc removal but what else could 'getting it ready' mean?

Sorry, I can't believe this colorful tale of woe and deception. I'd like to be wrong and I'll apologise if I am. The OP's motivation and objective for staring this thread is more disturbing than the post itself.

Happy new year
Mark

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 December 2018, 09:53 PM   #129
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexNC82 View Post
Definitely put the AD on here. That is Ridiculous!

Quote:
case in point
You were saying
Old 27 December 2018, 09:53 PM   #130
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
it's easy to buy a hulk from AD 3 years ago, not actually popular back then. dont know why they only call you 3 years later. they made you wait that long and still ask for a bundle buy? this is absurd, will definitely report to Rolex if I were you.
Old 27 December 2018, 09:54 PM   #131
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMike View Post
You were saying
it reminds me of the "collection complete" thread and years later people still reply asking the OP why he didn't post pics of his watches... which of course he did if you read it
Old 27 December 2018, 09:54 PM   #132
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

What an entertaining thread this is
Old 27 December 2018, 09:54 PM   #133
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
it's easy to buy a hulk from AD 3 years ago, not actually popular back then. dont know why they only call you 3 years later. they made you wait that long and still ask for a bundle buy? this is absurd, will definitely report to Rolex if I were you.
You do realize that the OP's story is complete BS?
Old 27 December 2018, 09:56 PM   #134
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
it reminds me of the "collection complete" thread and years later people still reply asking the OP why he didn't post pics of his watches... which of course he did if you read it
I love that thread. Went from "the OP is full of BS" to "wow! What a collection!"
Old 27 December 2018, 10:00 PM   #135
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
What if the forum has become self aware and is generating its own content now based on the median

Rolnet

Have to wonder about critical thinking abilities of some members...
Old 27 December 2018, 10:16 PM   #136
520Matt
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD, LV,GMT II Pep
Lenfried29 is banned, last post on page 4 ......
Old 27 December 2018, 10:21 PM   #137
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMike View Post
I love that thread. Went from "the OP is full of BS" to "wow! What a collection!"
This is a weekly event most likely from the same person that gets there jollies from riling up the masses with yet another outlandish claim. Its always the same mo, new member with little or no post counts. You guys get sucked in every time getting all wrapped up in there BS.

Look at this 5 pages long and never a response back from the OP. You need to stop giving them the satisfaction and stop responding to there wild BS.
Old 27 December 2018, 10:23 PM   #138
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 520Matt View Post
no idea, but sometimes the "last post" disappears, so i wouldn't necessarily go by that.
Old 27 December 2018, 10:26 PM   #139
Jim Smyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 520Matt View Post
I got banned last month for a week because I quoted a movie quote in a thread and a mod thought I was talking too violent. Very subjective around here so you never know whats going to ruffle someones feathers and if your going to get banned. He may be in that category.
Old 27 December 2018, 10:28 PM   #140
Jim Smyth
Banned

Quote:
no idea, but sometimes the "last post" disappears, so i wouldn't necessarily go by that.
Yep, The thread I got a week ban for was gone completely when I got back so I couldnt re-read what I said that was against the rules.
Old 27 December 2018, 10:32 PM   #141
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
This is a weekly event most likely from the same person that gets there jollies from riling up the masses with yet another outlandish claim. Its always the same mo, new member with little or no post counts. You guys get sucked in every time getting all wrapped up in there BS.

Look at this 5 pages long and never a response back from the OP. You need to stop giving them the satisfaction and stop responding to there wild BS.

Don’t know which “you guys” are talking about? Tyler and myself (and many others) were making fun of people not reading the entire thread and taking the OP’s post as gospel.

As for the “complete collection” thread, the OP lived up to his claims and eventually posted a stunning collection.
Old 27 December 2018, 10:37 PM   #142
ndlhk
"TRF" Member

I got similar experience in a AD before , they would never tell this in phone and sometimes they even don’t have the stock you want . They just want you to spend for building that so-called relationship.

I received the call and was told to come in an hour . When i arrived , they offered the beverage and showed me some of other watches like Gold DD with diamond but never the watch i want .
Old 27 December 2018, 10:40 PM   #143
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Why do people read the first post then reply without knowing what has been said in the other 5 pages of discussion?!

Typical internet "here is my opinion, I will shove it down your throat" rather than "here is my valuable addition to the discussion"!
Old 27 December 2018, 11:19 PM   #144
Rolex fan 61
"TRF" Member

Write a letter to the company head office asking for a copy of their rolex purchasing policy, once obtained send this to rolex HQ, if not available send a letter with full details to rolex HQ.
Old 27 December 2018, 11:35 PM   #145
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

This really is like two threads for the price of one!
Old 27 December 2018, 11:36 PM   #146
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex fan 61 View Post
Write a letter to the company head office asking for a copy of their rolex purchasing policy, once obtained send this to rolex HQ, if not available send a letter with full details to rolex HQ.
Rolex HQ do not care!
Old 28 December 2018, 01:22 AM   #147
petta08
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5196G
First of all, allow me to say that I am astounded by the responses to this thread. I mean it is holiday season for god’s sake. I’ve been lurking on these forums for years now and I figured I’d sign up and share a piece of my mind, especially now when I’m just so disgusted and confused, ask for some insight, find out about my next course of action and then I happen to put my computer aside to spend some time with my family to come back at a later date. I don’t understand why so many of you doubt my story. I didn’t share the name of my AD for a reason. I don’t want to stir up any unnecessary drama. The only thing that I’m asking is, what appears to be the privilege to pay thousands of dollars for the submariner that I’ve been waiting patiently for, and then I’ll be on my way (to most likely to never return but I digress …) Yes, it has indeed been three years at this point and I was very much told that I either could buy jewelry up to a certain value or settle with four other watches, although with the relief that they didn’t necessarily have to be all from Rolex. Also these ridiculous allegations that I’m somehow connected to the gray market and this is my way of promoting it…that is completely ridiculous as I’ve always went out of the way to buy only from authorized dealers, and that is for a reason. I’ve had nothing but grief from these dealers and would never recommend them. Nonetheless, I will proceed as instructed with another visit to this AD, letting them know that I will be in contact with Rolex SA if they don’t sell me what I’ve been promised. I will keep you all updated on this matter.
Old 28 December 2018, 01:26 AM   #148
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petta08 View Post
First of all, allow me to say that I am astounded by the responses to this thread. I mean it is holiday season for god’s sake. I’ve been lurking on these forums for years now and I figured I’d sign up and share a piece of my mind, especially now when I’m just so disgusted and confused, ask for some insight, find out about my next course of action and then I happen to put my computer aside to spend some time with my family to come back at a later date. I don’t understand why so many of you doubt my story. I didn’t share the name of my AD for a reason. I don’t want to stir up any unnecessary drama. The only thing that I’m asking is, what appears to be the privilege to pay thousands of dollars for the submariner that I’ve been waiting patiently for, and then I’ll be on my way (to most likely to never return but I digress …) Yes, it has indeed been three years at this point and I was very much told that I either could buy jewelry up to a certain value or settle with four other watches, although with the relief that they didn’t necessarily have to be all from Rolex. Also these ridiculous allegations that I’m somehow connected to the gray market and this is my way of promoting it…that is completely ridiculous as I’ve always went out of the way to buy only from authorized dealers, and that is for a reason. I’ve had nothing but grief from these dealers and would never recommend them. Nonetheless, I will proceed as instructed with another visit to this AD, letting them know that I will be in contact with Rolex SA if they don’t sell me what I’ve been promised. I will keep you all updated on this matter.
1. AD called you the day after christmas. I doubt a shipment of watches came then
2. Your AD would have had a Hulk available to buy as a walk in 3 years ago. It was not a hard watch to find. If it wasn't in stock at that moment we are talking weeks or a few months Max
3. Your story is similar to ones we have heard about a bundle, but on steroids.

new member, lots of fake stories recently... etc, etc, etc.

It doesnt make sense. Im not doubting you were offered a bundle. Im doubting the timeline, the number of watches, and how it went down.

IE. Ive been waiting for a Hulk for 6 months, my AD called and said its here, but you need to buy a PM watch also for us to sell it. That i would believe. They also dont have to sell their watches if they dont want to, so as far as being "promised" that doesn't constitute a contract.
Old 28 December 2018, 01:27 AM   #149
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Quote:
If you search more you will find an AD who will be happy to sell you a Sub without having to jump through hoops. Sadly at the moment the AD employees are trying to make more commission hoping somebody will fall for this tactic.
Old 28 December 2018, 01:54 AM   #150
Chilly Coconut
Banned

Quote:
100% hogwash. You’ve always bought from authorized dealers before, so an experienced watch buyer.....but for some reason, you waited three years for a watch that was readily available in AD cases at the time? Makes no sense.
Closed Thread