The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 12 September 2019, 03:42 AM   #61
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Guys, you could be right. I dunno....
Nor do we ... loool
Old 12 September 2019, 08:25 AM   #62
Jabbo84
Banned

Watch: Rolex/Piaget
It won’t last very long. He will get frustrated and throw it down on the field when it quits running
Jabbo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 08:53 AM   #63
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post
How about he bought himself to match his team colors and custom orange Bentley. Wears it in practice to match him uniform.

Then says to himself “other athletes get these for free to race cars or play tennis or golf. Why don’t I do it on my own and maybe RM will reach out and do for me...if not I still look cool as the first NFL athlete to wear a $194K watch in a game.

Sound like the way a narcissist mind might work.
That is certainly possible too but come on. He is beyond a diva but if you thought buying and wearing a 116618 to work might land you a deal to get money and free Rolex you would do the same right?
Old 12 September 2019, 09:06 AM   #64
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
If I owned an NFL team it would probably be the worst team in the league, I just wouldn't put up with some of the things these people do. He would be gone.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 09:18 AM   #65
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
If I owned an NFL team it would probably be the worst team in the league, I just wouldn't put up with some of the things these people do. He would be gone.
why? he sells tickets. that would be an emotional rather than a business decision
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 09:23 AM   #66
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
I’m with you Art. Maybe I’m old fashioned but I wouldn’t tolerate the players bull. For example, give me a new contract and more money or I’m holding out. Ok hold out.
Old 12 September 2019, 10:07 AM   #67
2th_doc
"TRF" Member

OBJ playing with his Richard Mille

Quote:

Yea. Bad ownership can have a negative effect on a team/players. Just look at the Knicks and owner James Dolan.

https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news...mes-dolan/amp/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ssional-sports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2th_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 12:37 PM   #68
Wllnv19
"TRF" Member

Reggie Roby was a punter for the Miami Dolphins....he always wore a watch...every game...no one ever complained about it ...granted it was a cheap watch..yet he still wore one
Wllnv19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 12:44 PM   #69
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
Professional athletes that too often behave like babies long ago soured my enthusiasm for most sports. Upside is I have a lot more time to do things on the weekends and money to spend on things other than tickets, stadium foods and licensed merchandise or their sponsors.
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 12:46 PM   #70
Star Ferry
Banned

If TRF were to totally cease discussion of Richard Mille, that would be fine by me. It took about ten times longer than it should have for our resident RM fanatic to get banned -- a black mark on the forum and on its moderation team
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 08:59 PM   #71
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
He, OBJ may not last a full season with the Browns with the train he is riding. Will be interesting to see how their season with him pans out. Bucket of popcorn in hands!
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 12:23 AM   #72
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post
Professional athletes that too often behave like babies long ago soured my enthusiasm for most sports. Upside is I have a lot more time to do things on the weekends and money to spend on things other than tickets, stadium foods and licensed merchandise or their sponsors.
I am with you. It has entirely turned me off, NHL is still solid but its starting there too. Politics are starting to enter the league as it gains popularity and the player contracts are getting bigger and bigger. Won't be long before that is awful as well.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 12:22 AM   #73
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

So is RM still involved in this? They are strapping a fake on his wrist for marketing? Sorry for the post oozing with sarcasm but this is funny. Why would he do this??

https://dailysnark.com/turns-out-ode...z7tlo56rTid8Rw

Quote:
Odell Beckham had heads turning Week 1 when he wore a $200,000 Richard Mille watch during an NFL game. The star WR decided to one-up himself for Week 2 when he busted out a $2,000,000 sapphire Richard Mille piece for pregame warmups.

Only problem? It’s a fake.

The Richard Mille RM56-01 is a extremely limited watch and almost impossible to purchase. It’s more common to see a fake of these watches considering only 10 were ever made, and Beckham fell to that fate.
Old 18 September 2019, 12:26 AM   #74
Ballzzz

Quote:
So is RM still involved in this? They are strapping a fake on his wrist for marketing? Sorry for the post oozing with sarcasm but this is funny. Why would he do this??

https://dailysnark.com/turns-out-ode...z7tlo56rTid8Rw
Attention, why else? Ton's of celebrity jewelry is fake or rented fyi. Sad society.
Old 18 September 2019, 12:29 AM   #75
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
Attention, why else? Ton's of celebrity jewelry is fake or rented fyi. Sad society.
Agree but with all the attention he garnered from media, fans and watch connoisseurs, you think he would put it together than someone would catch it being a fake. Then you look like a ****. The rented stuff I get but fake? That's just embarrassing.
Old 18 September 2019, 12:42 AM   #76
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agree but with all the attention he garnered from media, fans and watch connoisseurs, you think he would put it together than someone would catch it being a fake. Then you look like a ****. The rented stuff I get but fake? That's just embarrassing.
Agree
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 01:19 AM   #77
Ballzzz

Quote:
He probably has no idea, he found out it was fake when we did.
Old 18 September 2019, 02:55 AM   #78
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:
Also probably has no idea what a WIS is and that anyone could ever tell from a distance...isn't that pretty much what every rep wearer thinks?

P.S....that’s not the way to become a brand ambassador IMO.
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 05:04 AM   #79
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post
Also probably has no idea what a WIS is and that anyone could ever tell from a distance...isn't that pretty much what every rep wearer thinks?

P.S....that’s not the way to become a brand ambassador IMO.
He seems to think its real.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2g-1f2F...on_share_sheet
Old 18 September 2019, 06:25 AM   #80
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
what the hell so it was a fake? And he's doing PR for DW now lol
Old 18 September 2019, 11:20 AM   #81
Ballzzz

Quote:
Told ya
Old 18 September 2019, 11:26 AM   #82
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

crazy that its a fake but he just wears whatever is hyped at the time so i can see how it would be possible. during the patek craze in the rap game he wore a nautilus and now its richard mille time in rap so obviously he's wearing that lol. don't think he'd knowingly wear a fake, either its a stunt or he doesn't know better
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 12:43 PM   #83
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

I was never a big fan of this guy, even less so now. What a Weiner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 19 September 2019, 09:42 PM   #84
2th_doc
"TRF" Member

2th_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 12:08 AM   #85
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th_doc View Post

Old 20 September 2019, 12:16 AM   #86
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
I’m with you Art. Maybe I’m old fashioned but I wouldn’t tolerate the players bull. For example, give me a new contract and more money or I’m holding out. Ok hold out.
my wife basically just did a hold out at her job.... pay me like the male engineering project managers or im gone. Had multiple offers in hand from competitors

they paid her

i dont see the difference. Especially considering at least two of her subordinates made more than her and they are lower job titles and work scopes.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 12:22 AM   #87
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
my wife basically just did a hold out at her job.... pay me like the male engineering project managers or im gone. Had multiple offers in hand from competitors

they paid her

i dont see the difference. Especially considering at least two of her subordinates made more than her and they are lower job titles and work scopes.
How does she know what her male equivalents make?

So she interviewed all over town, got offers, and used those offers to strong arm her employer? That may work for now but you just lost trust on both side of the relationship and in my experience, that never ends well for one reason or another. Not to mention wasting the time of these companies which interviewed her thinking she was a viable candidate. Counter offers suck and never end well.

Either way, not a far comparison to a bunch of overpaid prima donnas.
Old 20 September 2019, 12:27 AM   #88
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How does she know what her male equivalents make?

So she interviewed all over town, got offers, and used those offers to strong arm her employer? That may work for now but you just lost trust on both side of the relationship and in my experience, that never ends well for one reason or another. Not to mention wasting the time of these companies which interviewed her thinking she was a viable candidate. Counter offers suck and never end well.

Either way, not a far comparison to a bunch of overpaid prima donnas.

She knows her subordinates pay range because she is their manager. Her job description says pay grade multiple levels above her actual

So yeah she refused do do pay grade x responsibilities while being pay grade y salary

And no she didn’t interview she has several standing offers should she decide to leave

The reason it’s an interesting comparison is the athlete’s “shut up and play” idea is pretty similar to a females experience also trying to get paid in a male dominated industry. Be happy for what we give you

current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 20 September 2019, 12:29 AM   #89
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Old 20 September 2019, 12:37 AM   #90
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
She knows her subordinates pay range because she is their manager. Her job description says pay grade multiple levels above her actual

So yeah she refused do do pay grade x responsibilities while being pay grade y salary

And no she didn’t interview she has several standing offers should she decide to leave

You said "pay me like the male engineering project managers or im gone". So how does she know what her peers make?

And I have worked for large companies, my wife still does work for a monstrosity. It is not uncommon for pay bands to overlap some level to level, which is why companies almost always target mid-point for offers. Unless she was below mid-point, they would not overlap but it does happen. We often forget that with inflation, younger professionals are making way more than we were when we were their age. And if you are a loyal employee and do not leave for compensation increases, its a double whammy and often is when you see this sort of comp overlap happen.

That said, there is a correct way of handling that with your employer and an incorrect way. Strong arming them is the latter.

And again, my wife is pretty high up in a German, heavily male based company. I will never see eye to eye with someone on the income inequality argument, I just have never seen it. And I am very much in that business myself.