The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 28 March 2022, 04:55 AM   #181
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
I think it’s cool to see the people out there standing around for a watch. It’s not just internet WIS who have the right to enjoy watches.
Amen to that. There’s some real snobbery going on in this forum over the last few days.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 05:08 AM   #182
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpit View Post
Amen to that. There’s some real snobbery going on in this forum over the last few days.
Reported!!
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 05:50 AM   #183
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
I guess the other way to consider it is for every legit LV bag you see, how many fake ones do you see? I see many. In the watch world, Rolex is the most recognized and also most counterfeited watch brand, and yet demand is still there. We’ve all heard of Rolex wearers being asked “is it real?”

It is possible that this move by omega does 3 things: (1) suddenly the world is aware of the Speedmaster, more attention on that model, (2) creates an aspirational hierarchy towards the real moonwatch, (3) protects a bit against counterfeit speedmasters because the MoonSwatch is already cheap.

2 & 3 don’t work together.

If 2 is true then there is a top model and people would counterfeit that model. The fact that the Moonswatch is already cheap, doesn’t impact the top of the line model so it wouldn’t act to protect against counterfeiting.

On the other hand if 3 is true and the moonswatch protects against people counterfeiting, you have to assume that the moon swatch is interchangeable with the speedy… in which case, there is not hierarchy created. Thus, 2 can’t be true.

Even faulty logic can’t save this train wreck for Omega. Great for swatch though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 05:51 AM   #184
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
I got my 6 year old daughter one of these. She absolutely loves it! Its very cool for little ones. The size works well, It has a velcro strap, she feels like dad haha.

https://parchiepal.com

Lovely watch! Thanks for the tip. I’ll need to look into this.

charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 06:18 AM   #185
Samuraimuscle
"TRF" Member

According to swatch, they will get more in. I manage to get two of them. The Neptune and Pluto. I loved the eccentric colors, as I love colors on my watches. I did an unboxing video on my YouTube at Ty Kuza

https://youtu.be/IjjhA9l5uyI
Samuraimuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 06:36 AM   #186
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
Lovely watch! Thanks for the tip. I’ll need to look into this.

You bet!
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 06:40 AM   #187
AdamW
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Can we be serious for a moment? THESE AREN'T MOON WATCHES! Good God people, these are Swatches with an Omega logo, that's it. This insanity is nothing more than the ultimate display of our hobby gone completely off the end of the earth.

It's a freaking piece of colored plastic with a $5.00 quartz movement. Period. End of story. It has zero intrinsic value.

You can call me a snob, or say I'm no fun. So be it. But I enjoyed my Saturday morning drinking coffee, walking the neighborhood and then cooking a dinner for friends later in the day. I was not standing in an absurd queue, wishing for an absurd watch which then I could hope to sell for an absurd profit.

If these people waiting in line really are hoping for a piece of horological substance, they are massively uninformed. I can see if they are looking for a cute collectible but really I think this is the manifestation of the madness that flippers and the Rolex market and culture have spawned.

" I don't have a microwave oven but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks $h!t" - Mitch Hedburgh
AdamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 06:50 AM   #188
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
2 & 3 don’t work together.

If 2 is true then there is a top model and people would counterfeit that model. The fact that the Moonswatch is already cheap, doesn’t impact the top of the line model so it wouldn’t act to protect against counterfeiting.

On the other hand if 3 is true and the moonswatch protects against people counterfeiting, you have to assume that the moon swatch is interchangeable with the speedy… in which case, there is not hierarchy created. Thus, 2 can’t be true.

Even faulty logic can’t save this train wreck for Omega. Great for swatch though.

Well I’m not sure who has the faulty logic, but agree to disagree.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 07:48 AM   #189
duquephart
"TRF" Member

Watch: Snowflake
"horological substance"

Right! The idiots and money grubbers have no idea what you are talking about. The other 1% just think it's cute.
duquephart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 08:47 AM   #190
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
Can we be serious for a moment? THESE AREN'T MOON WATCHES! Good God people, these are Swatches with an Omega logo, that's it. This insanity is nothing more than the ultimate display of our hobby gone completely off the end of the earth.

It's a freaking piece of colored plastic with a $5.00 quartz movement. Period. End of story. It has zero intrinsic value.

You can call me a snob, or say I'm no fun. So be it. But I enjoyed my Saturday morning drinking coffee, walking the neighborhood and then cooking a dinner for friends later in the day. I was not standing in an absurd queue, wishing for an absurd watch which then I could hope to sell for an absurd profit.

If these people waiting in line really are hoping for a piece of horological substance, they are massively uninformed. I can see if they are looking for a cute collectible but really I think this is the manifestation of the madness that flippers and the Rolex market and culture have spawned.
Best response I’ve read in all the TRF threads is the suggestion that these are watches for the conspiracy theorists that think the moon landing never happened. Lol.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 09:42 AM   #191
AdamW
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Best response I’ve read in all the TRF threads is the suggestion that these are watches for the conspiracy theorists that think the moon landing never happened. Lol.
Right on the money!

" I don't have a microwave oven but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks $h!t" - Mitch Hedburgh
AdamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 09:51 AM   #192
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Quote:

No trolling but I think your post is absurd. There are so many /assumptions in your post that it reveals a lot more about your negativity towards all of this

No intrinsic value? In the time+tide video posted just now there was a girl who queued up and managed to get her 1st watch whilst her dad didn't manage to get in. You can see the emotion on her face as she queued for 10+ hrs & likely will remember this for the rest of her life

And does every watch have to be a masterpiece of horological value? That's just your definition, I've got AP's, Rolexes etc but I'm not so insecure that I have to wear these at every given point. I also like to wear beater watches (as a lot of people) that you can take to the gym or other physical activity something with and not treat with kid gloves
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 02:32 PM   #193
Jarett
"TRF" Member

Look at this in a different way. You wanted to buy an Omega for the price of a Swatch, but you got a Rolex-buying experience. So much win!
:D :D :D
Jarett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 03:32 PM   #194
Amateur
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthagainsttt View Post
No trolling but I think your post is absurd. There are so many /assumptions in your post that it reveals a lot more about your negativity towards all of this

No intrinsic value? In the time+tide video posted just now there was a girl who queued up and managed to get her 1st watch whilst her dad didn't manage to get in. You can see the emotion on her face as she queued for 10+ hrs & likely will remember this for the rest of her life

And does every watch have to be a masterpiece of horological value? That's just your definition, I've got AP's, Rolexes etc but I'm not so insecure that I have to wear these at every given point. I also like to wear beater watches (as a lot of people) that you can take to the gym or other physical activity something with and not treat with kid gloves
What's your point? This is beyond pathetic and I agree with Adam's post. This madness has to stop.
Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2022, 09:46 AM   #195
Milgaussguys
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Milgauss
Omega X moon watch

I went to SF store last Sunday, and tried to grab one, but all gone.

There are 7 stores in US to carry this watch, and each store only receive 150 watches.

SA said they will receive more in 3-6 weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Omega.jpg (101.2 KB, 158 views)
Milgaussguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2022, 10:39 AM   #196
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:

I went to the SF Swatch store on Saturday morning, hoping to buy one, but not to resell it. I wanted it for myself. I love watches. I love Omegas, and Yes, I have some Swatches, too. I’m sure some of the people in line were hoping to ultimately profit from reselling their Moonswatch, but not all, or even most of the people in line were there for that purpose.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote