The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 April 2023, 05:27 AM   #31
showpro
"TRF" Member

Watch: Whatever I have on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftneck View Post
It's not that people in here don't believe it. It's
To my knowledge, one youtuber, which has a history of not always being right, said it.

A member in here said he heard it from an AD who was told by Rolex.

Yes other say they heard it from AD's as well. But it could be a matter of misrepresentation of information. A lot of people who get information from other, will present them as they heard it themselves.

Do I believe it. No, not before a trusted source, confirm it. Do I think it is possible they changed the color. Yes, that is very likely.

Do j think it's done as a 70th anniversary celebration. No. A change of nuance as a celebration would be ridiculous.

Yes an AD could have asked Rolex why they didn't do anything with at the 70th anniversary, and a Rolex employer could with a smile on his face have told they changed the color a little on the 126610 lv.
The YouTuber, Adrian Barker...I know him. I've discussed this with him.

I can tell you he got this from multiple trustworthy sources, all Wilsdorf people, at W&W. If he's wrong, it's because Rolex and Tudor employees chose to BS him and not his fault. I find that unlikely. One of those Tudor people, Cole Pennington, used to work at Hodinkee. You've probably seen him and read his articles or watches his videos.

These people live and die by their reputations and accuracy. They don't make shit up.

I also find it unlikely that professional Rolex sales trainers, whose job it is to bring AD SAs up to date on the new releases for 2023, would wink and invent a story about the bezel color. These people also need to be credible or they're useless in their jobs.

As for the anniversary nod/Easter egg...they changed the color to match a previous anniversary green. Not so weird a thing to do.

But, yes, in due course there either will or won't be enough confirmation to make the skeptics accept this. Meanwhile, it gives us something to talk about, I guess.
showpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 05:44 AM   #32
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by showpro View Post
The YouTuber, Adrian Barker...I know him. I've discussed this with him.

I can tell you he got this from multiple trustworthy sources, all Wilsdorf people, at W&W. If he's wrong, it's because Rolex and Tudor employees chose to BS him and not his fault. I find that unlikely. One of those Tudor people, Cole Pennington, used to work at Hodinkee. You've probably seen him and read his articles or watches his videos.

These people live and die by their reputations and accuracy. They don't make shit up.

I also find it unlikely that professional Rolex sales trainers, whose job it is to bring AD SAs up to date on the new releases for 2023, would wink and invent a story about the bezel color. These people also need to be credible or they're useless in their jobs.

As for the anniversary nod/Easter egg...they changed the color to match a previous anniversary green. Not so weird a thing to do.

But, yes, in due course there either will or won't be enough confirmation to make the skeptics accept this. Meanwhile, it gives us something to talk about, I guess.
I wonder, however, if it was those same people that told Adrian (I subscribe to his channel and I do consider him one of the credible YouTubers) that the PM Daytona case had been reduced in size to 40mm?

Thats something he also mentioned in his Rolex at W&W video, and something thats, well, just wrong.

I'm not doubting there's been a change, its a serious question.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 05:50 AM   #33
Swiftneck
"TRF" Member

Again. I am not saying it's fake news. But I don't know Adrian, and in general, I'm a little sceptical of youtubers. And he didn't name his sources, and if these people are not willing to put their name behind the information. I am not either.

About Rolex delivering the fake news themselves. That was just about it being an anniversary thing. It could have been said as a funny comment on the anniversary. Lots of information can be misunderstood even by intelligent people, especially if they have a different language as there first.

I love the discussion about the rumours, so keep them coming. But just like to call them that until confirmed.

Cheers..

Sendt fra min SM-F711B med Tapatalk
Swiftneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 05:53 AM   #34
showpro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
I wonder, however, if it was those same people that told Adrian (I subscribe to his channel and I do consider him one of the credible YouTubers) that the PM Daytona case had been reduced in size to 40mm?

Thats something he also mentioned in his Rolex at W&W video, and something thats, well, just wrong.

I'm not doubting there's been a change, its a serious question.
Dunno. I'll ask him next time we talk.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 3 April 2023, 05:56 AM   #35
Swiftneck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41LV MKI View Post
You have really started reaching for scenarios to justify your continuing disbelief of the bezel change.

Worth repeating is that actually it doesn’t matter whether you personally acknowledge the change. The change has happened and exists independently of your thoughts about it.
Please stop misrepresenting what I am stating. I am not saying it's wrong. I'm just stating that it's not a proven fact yet.

Old 3 April 2023, 06:00 AM   #36
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Exactly why I addressed the change as real to lead off my post, because you never actually acknowledged it.

The bezel has been changed and whether you acknowledge it or not is completely irrelevant.
You've just contradicted yourself. If its irrelevant whether I have acknowledged it or not, why is it such a big deal for you?

Quote:
About the photos, yes they never tell the whole story but to state photos are useless is a vast exaggeration. Photos are a tremendous source of information about the look of watches.
No. When the subtleties of hues, colours, shades, etc are concerned (such as comparing old and new bezels) photographs on the web are useless.

For one, you can be sure that 99% of viewers are not viewing the images on calibrated monitors or screens. You also don't know what processing has been applied by the device or what post processing has been applied by the person who captured the image. You have no way of knowing if what you are viewing is the same as the actual item photographed where those parameters are concerned.

Quote:
Photos were never the impetus or the evidence that brought about the topic. But yes, thanks for pointing out that photos can be deceiving, something most fully understand already.
Photos absolutely were the impetus of this thread, after I saw the two YM42 pictures.

And its pretty clear that many of not most do not fully understand that photos can be deceiving. Thats why I started this particular topic

From your username, its clear that a bezel change to the LV is a major thing for you. We get it.

Me, I don't care. LVs are not for me

Old 3 April 2023, 06:03 AM   #37
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Dunno. I'll ask him next time we talk.

Cheers. I'm genuinely interested.

Old 3 April 2023, 06:04 AM   #38
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please stop misrepresenting what I am stating. I am not saying it's wrong. I'm just stating that it's not a proven fact yet.

Oh but it is. Because 41LV Mk1 says you must accept it!

Old 3 April 2023, 06:07 AM   #39
showpro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Cheers. I'm genuinely interested.

Sure thing.

I just rewatched his Daytona segment. So he seems to say the PM were reduced "a bit" and the SS increased a mm.

Rolex often misstates their actual sizes in their published specs. What is the conflicting evidence you meant? Has someone else put calipers to the new ones?

Just want to know what the whole concern is before I bring it up.

Old 3 April 2023, 06:10 AM   #40
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Rolex kept the same LV ceramic bezel for ten years with the 116610LV and for two years with the 126610LV and used the same green on the VTNR. The overwhelming opinion on this green is that it is exceptional.

Struggling to understand how making a change to mark the 70th anniversary would be interpreted as admitting a mistake.
If the change was made to mark the 70th anniversary, I wonder why Rolex did not highlight it, officially promote it and announce the change to the public. My thought was only that Rolex saw the change as a needed improvement.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 06:12 AM   #41
Swiftneck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh but it is. Because 41LV Mk1 says you must accept it!
Yes, of course. I am so sorry..

The "because I say so" arguments are unbeatable..

I will find the door myself

Old 3 April 2023, 06:15 AM   #42
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
These are not rumours, yet you are free to erroneously call them that for as long as you like, it won’t change a thing about what has happened. Rolex has changed the 41LV bezel color and have said so.

They are 100% rumors. Please posting what someone else says they heard someone else say “in a seminar” and YouTubers and bloggers. Until Rolex or a more legitimate watch site (like Fratello) confirms things, this is all just internet speculation.

And all of that is not to say an MK2 hasn’t maybe happened. It’s just to say there is no “proof”.

Why is that controversial or difficult to accept?
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 06:16 AM   #43
showpro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
If the change was made to mark the 70th anniversary, I wonder why Rolex did not highlight it, officially promote it and announce the change to the public. My thought was only that Rolex saw the change as a needed improvement.
Perhaps their marketing people didn't think it big enough a change to devote effort to. To have it draw attention from other things. To have to spend time answering questions about this when there's little to say. That no one really cares except us WISes. And that we'd endlessly spread the word anyway if they just left it as an Easter egg

Just guessing.

Old 3 April 2023, 06:16 AM   #44
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No. And until I see an official statement from Rolex or see the watches themselves I'm not going to simply accept or "admit" Rolex changed the bezel colour based on something Rolex apparently said to someone that nobody knows or to a You Tuber that in that same video got something different completely wrong.

This wasn't the point of this topic but do you see where I'm going with this?

Rolex may well have changed the bezel colour. And that will be confirmed in due course.

Personally I don't care if they have or have not.

All I'm saying here is that we cannot rely on a picture as proof
For what it's worth, my SA showed me her printout of all the new releases. On one of the pages, it featured the 126610LV, and the write-up specifically described the new green on the bezel in detail

Is it more believable that Rolex changed the shade of green on this year's Sub or that we are all conspiring and spreading a lie?
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 06:17 AM   #45
Cru Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
For what it's worth, my SA showed me her printout of all the new releases. On one of the pages, it featured the 126610LV, and the write-up specifically described the new green on the bezel in detail

Is it more believable that Rolex changed the shade of green on this year's Sub or that we are all conspiring and spreading a lie?

Hi. Can you post a photo of that page?
Old 3 April 2023, 06:21 AM   #46
Cru Jones

Quote:
No contradiction at all, the fact remains the fact whether I question you on your public skepticism or not. I find it amusing that people are clinging to the notion that the bezel has not been changed, as Rolex has in fact stated they have.

Photos are not useless, they just will not tell the complete picture. In person viewing will certainly help give a fuller understanding as everyone actually knows.

Photos were not the impetus for the topic of the bezel change, in the interest of clarity I never said that and you have misunderstood.

Yes, after lurking for years I thought I’d jump in with a username and watch I love.

Interesting how obsessed you seem about what’s happened to a watch you don’t care about.

Nobody is clinging to anything.

Where has Rolex said it has changed? Can you post a link or article? Thanks.
Old 3 April 2023, 06:26 AM   #47
Antoinesub
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 blro
Icon10

This picture has been taken by me this saturday. The quality is not good but you can see the difference between the two bezels. And the new has been confirmed by Rolex headquarter : it’s a new green, more acid ( like an apple).
I’ve found the official Nickname for the 126610 LV MK2 : Thé Acid Cermit 😁
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9CF2F2DC-A185-4EFA-B881-B4322833CA53.jpeg (113.3 KB, 138 views)
Antoinesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 06:27 AM   #48
showpro
"TRF" Member

The one on the left is the new one?

Old 3 April 2023, 06:33 AM   #49
Antoinesub
"TRF" Member

Yes, you can see the green tag with the mk2 on the left .Mine is at the right.
The information is 100% true about the new green color, it’s official !
Old 3 April 2023, 06:34 AM   #50
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Hi. Can you post a photo of that page?
There was no way I was going to pull out my phone and snap a photo in front of the SA and manager. Can you imagine how weird it would have looked if I had asked them, “Hey, can I take a photo of this so I can share it with my friends on the Rolex Forums?”
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 06:36 AM   #51
Swiftneck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinesub View Post
This picture has been taken by me this saturday. The quality is not good but you can see the difference between the two bezels. And the new has been confirmed by Rolex headquarter : it’s a new green, more acid ( like an apple).

I’ve found the official Nickname for the 126610 LV MK2 : Thé Acid Cermit
The earth was round before it was known. The earth was round when the first people stated it. But it first became a fact when someone proved it.

I think this picture is the first proof of many. Thanks.

Old 3 April 2023, 06:37 AM   #52
showpro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, you can see the green tag with the mk2 on the left .Mine is at the right.
The information is 100% true about the new green color, it’s official !
See and I picked it out just based on looking at the colors. I didn't notice the tags.

And it's a single shot in identical lights. The bezel on the left is brighter and has more of a yellow tone. The lighting and photography can't account for that.

Old 3 April 2023, 06:37 AM   #53
drrd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’ve found the official Nickname for the 126610 LV MK2 : Thé Acid Cermit ��
Exactly what this thread needed.

Thanks.
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 06:38 AM   #54
Antoinesub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The one on the left is the new one?

Yes, you’re right .The Mk2 is on the left ( you can see the green tag)
Old 3 April 2023, 07:40 AM   #55
showpro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This page says it's 40 mm. Maybe he read it at W&W in official literature? Where have you seen it claimed otherwise?

https://www.rolex.com/en-us/watches/...m126518ln-0012

Or did you mean it's always been 40 mm and nothing changed? Sorry, not a Daytona follower, here.
Old 3 April 2023, 07:51 AM   #56
Swiftneck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This page says it's 40 mm. Maybe he read it at W&W in official literature? Where have you seen it claimed otherwise?

https://www.rolex.com/en-us/watches/...m126518ln-0012
I think what he mean is that if it was to go down 1 mm to 40 mm as adrian stated, it should have been 41 before, which it has never been.

The OF's could actually have come down a little qua the new bezel, but not to 40 mm.

Old 3 April 2023, 07:54 AM   #57
showpro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think what he mean is that if it was to go down 1 mm to 40 mm as adrian stated, it should have been 41 before, which it has never been.

The OF's could actually have come down a little qua the new bezel, but not to 40 mm.

He never said it was 1mm, he said a bit. I have no idea what that means.

Have modern PM Daytonas always calipered at 40 mm exactly?

Old 3 April 2023, 08:06 AM   #58
Swiftneck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
He never said it was 1mm, he said a bit. I have no idea what that means.

Have modern PM Daytonas always calipered at 40 mm exactly?

You are right. He stated the ss had gone up 1 mm, and the PM down a bit. But that was just my thought on his post.

Someone in here measured the old OF's at 39,88, the PM with bracelet where properly different. If it's a fact i don't know.

Old 3 April 2023, 08:06 AM   #59
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sure thing.

I just rewatched his Daytona segment. So he seems to say the PM were reduced "a bit" and the SS increased a mm.

Rolex often misstates their actual sizes in their published specs. What is the conflicting evidence you meant? Has someone else put calipers to the new ones?

Just want to know what the whole concern is before I bring it up.

The symmetrical PM Daytonas have always been just under 40mm - 39.8mm to be exact, so the new ones can't have been reduced a bit to be 40mm, if that makes sense?

Old 3 April 2023, 08:11 AM   #60
showpro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The symmetrical PM Daytonas have always been just under 40mm - 39.8mm to be exact, so the new ones can't have been reduced a bit to be 40mm, if that makes sense?
Okay. Maybe he just misspoke. I'll ask him.