The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 August 2019, 07:21 AM   #1
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
The Mrs says one more

As you can see I have one opening left in my watch roll and the Mrs says I’m done but my math says two more as I figure I can fill the last pocket and then get one more for the wrist to wear and when I take that one off to put a new one on my watch roll will always be full.

I was slow to get into watches but have managed to get several this past year
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F77F6990-6DBA-446C-B760-003D2BD48092.jpeg (218.9 KB, 414 views)
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2019, 11:41 AM   #2
RXAPPP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5
Very nice. I’m sure you have figured this out but this is what happens next.

1. You fill the roll and get another for the wrist

2.You spot another and then buy a bigger roll or box

3.You then want to fill the bigger box/roll and scramble to do so
You then realise you bought a lot of “filler” watches and start to flip them realising all along the smaller roll was just fine

4. Now you have 5 heavy hitters and another on the wrist
You convince yourself you need a dress watch and regret selling the bigger box/roll

5. You secretly long for the first watch you bought and flipped, buy it again at an inflated price and then remember why you sold it.

6. You know have 10 watches for only 7 days in a week, your hobby is out of control.
You have a bigger watch roll/box than you every imagined and spend a fortune on a safe in which to fit it.

7. You now trade everything for A PM selection you convince yourself that 5 is really enough

8. Lange release a new Datograph, it’s $120k and it’s just stupid money but you justify to
Yourself that you have pretty much broken even on the hobby after some early losses and explain to the wife it’s an investment.

9. She disagrees and files for divorce

10. You sell all your watches to pay for the divorce, buy a citizen dive watch and a canvas watch roll and slowly build up again

Ok, maybe exclude the divorce part

Enjoy
RXAPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2019, 01:39 AM   #3
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
OMG a lot of what you said I have already thought of, I look at watches all the time now. I seem to go overboard on what ever hobby I am doing at a time, I collected pristine firearms from WW1 till current and then became obsessed reloading for each firearm then I got into road bikes and bought a fiber frame bike and trained for the MS150 and rode in that then I started collecting and using straight razors and leather strops and lastly I seem to have now gotten into watches but the watch hobby is slow going as my pockets are not nearly deep enough
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2019, 02:46 PM   #4
powerhonolulu
"TRF" Member

how about a seiko? relatively cheap and a good everyday beater
powerhonolulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 12:36 AM   #5
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXAPPP View Post
Very nice. I’m sure you have figured this out but this is what happens next.

1. You fill the roll and get another for the wrist

2.You spot another and then buy a bigger roll or box

3.You then want to fill the bigger box/roll and scramble to do so

You then realise you bought a lot of “filler” watches and start to flip them realising all along the smaller roll was just fine

4. Now you have 5 heavy hitters and another on the wrist

You convince yourself you need a dress watch and regret selling the bigger box/roll

5. You secretly long for the first watch you bought and flipped, buy it again at an inflated price and then remember why you sold it.

6. You know have 10 watches for only 7 days in a week, your hobby is out of control.

You have a bigger watch roll/box than you every imagined and spend a fortune on a safe in which to fit it.

7. You now trade everything for A PM selection you convince yourself that 5 is really enough

8. Lange release a new Datograph, it’s $120k and it’s just stupid money but you justify to

Yourself that you have pretty much broken even on the hobby after some early losses and explain to the wife it’s an investment.

9. She disagrees and files for divorce

10. You sell all your watches to pay for the divorce, buy a citizen dive watch and a canvas watch roll and slowly build up again

Ok, maybe exclude the divorce part

Enjoy

Sounds about right! The good news is that divorce can be good for the soul, and as with watches, always good to get an opportunity to upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote